RP-PVP Conclave - **Updated Link**

I agree completely. Threads like this damage the cause.

2 Likes

If you get your RPPvP server, don’t do events in contested areas. then complain about PvP

I see that you’ve never been to Emerald Dream :wink:

longest sigh in the history of humanity

bruh

1 Like

My only concern here is, we’ll get only one RP-PvP server at launch and it will be a west coast server.

Better than leaving us high and dry. I never noticed latency issues when I was on a server far from me.

This is a large part of why I personally want RP-PvP servers at launch, rather than a few months down the road.

Maybe it’s silly of me to think of it this way, but I feel like, if we have a Classic RP-PvP server from Day 1 while all of the PvPers and RPers and PvErs have their own servers from Day 1, then we’ll get more actual RP-PvPers on our server, rather than a disparate mess like in the past.

But even in the past, when RP-PvP servers came out a year later and were thus bombarded by a whole bunch of PvPers who saw a chance to roll on a ‘brand new server’ regardless of it’s realm type, the RP-PvP communities that sprung up from that genesis were still massive and absolutely amazing, well into Cataclysm at least from my personal experience.

Still, just one RP-PvP server at launch would hopefully give us a community full of hardcore WPvPers who also love being immersive and RPing. Should cut down on the complaining about PvP and all that rot.

3 Likes

I have them on retail and had them on the Stress test.

But there’s more to it than just if you’re getting good Latency or not. You’re trying to connect to players on your time zone that more than likely you can play with on your time.

Keep your goldshire sexting out of my PvP server XD

1 Like

Fingers crossed that this is exactly what happens :x

Sorry, I’m a selfish piece of crap who lives on the West Coast.

1 Like

No problem.

1 Like

Here’s the real problem with us having to pick a PvP server and making it an Unofficial RP-PvP server.

Multiple massive twitch streamers have already said that they’re not going to be telling anyone exactly where they’re rolling on at launch. So how the hell are we supposed to pick a PvP server to be our Unofficial RP-PvP server when we don’t have a road map for how to navigate the minefield that is the toxic streamer communities bound to crop up across the PvP server landscape?

2 Likes

Yeah that won’t work. It’ll end up like half of the RP servers in retail-- mostly non-RP’ers.

1 Like

I say we focus on keeping that 1400+ thread at the top until we find out for certain that we’re not getting one

7 Likes

This is very true. I think we would all love for there to be more than 1 RPPVP server released for such reasons. But even right now it seems we may not even get a single one. Big bummer.

Shhhh

5 Likes

This.

No unofficial servers. It’ll end up a watered down experience where 90%+ of the population won’t be playing by that ruleset. Most of the community doesn’t frequent forums. You’ll never get all the RPPVPers in one place unofficially.

Opening up RPPVP servers after the fact makes no sense. It simply forces people to start over (which sucks) and also drains population from other servers, potentially leaving them hollowed out.

Get it right from the start with at least one official RPPVP server. The best experiences I had in WoW were on RPPVP rulesets. It’s not best fit for everyone, but it best fit for more than enough of us.

5 Likes

As much as I’d love an RP-PvP server and would 100% main one if they added it, I also agree I can’t really imagine going on an unofficial one. Feels like it would be taking over another server.

3 Likes

Trust me, I argue very loudly FOR RP-PVP SERVERS. This is a backup-plan and if you’re interested in a plan b this is a starting place!

1 Like

If someone rolled on your unofficial rp-pvp server and they didn’t follow your unofficial rules what could you do about it?

1 Like