Rogue raid spot- How hard will finding a guild be?

I want to play rogue in TBC, but the raid spot situation is really discouraging. I mained rogue in classic up until my guild fell apart at 12/15 naxx which caused me to quit raiding. So I would have to find a completely new guild going into TBC. I’ve seen people say things like “don’t sweat the meta, play what you want, etc”. But the truth is even mid-level guilds are going to adopt the 1-rogue meta comp just as every guild in classic adopted the wbuff meta.

So it just comes down to numbers, there are going to be a ton of a rogues, and not a lot of raid spots. Regardless of the “play what you want” mentality it will STILL be incredibly hard to find a guild because of this IMO. Not sure what to do. I mean sure there’s always arena where rogues dominate, but the idea of doing nothing but arena and never getting into any raids makes me not want to play TBC at all.

I’m not really 100% sure I agree with you Zeuz.
It really does just come down to the guild mentality… Here, I’m pretty lazy, but if you’ll tolerate, I’m gonna copy and paste something I said a day or so ago in another thread. It is out of context because the reason for the thread and the conversation about the guild was not in an effort to convince anyone to join in. It was merely informative.

All you need to do is look for a genuine guild that is not crazy on the meta. I am confident you will find one. But I do feel like they are going to be few and far between this go-around.

He addressed that. That brick really didn’t do much for him.

Op you need to get in with a guild as soon as you can. Rogues spots will be at a premium so the sooner you get in with a group the better. Some guilds will carry 2 rogues but as you said 1 is the average amount.

One thing to keep in mind is that every raid team is splitting. 40–>25m has forced this which means a lot of new raid teams are currently forming. If I were you I’d be active in trying to find some of the new forming teams

Unfortunately, it doesn’t tend to work that way. You don’t start with 40 players, grab 10 random people and end up with two 25-man raid teams.

What actually happens is you start with 40 players and shed 15 players to form one 25-man raid team. Those remaining 15 players are inevitably going to be not remotely close to what you’d need for a 25-man raid comp, so they’ll be sitting on the sidelines for a long, long time while you try to recruit the same in-demand specs that everyone else is eagerly snapping up.

So you dont think that 40m raids breaking down to now 25 man raids will lead to new raid teams being formed? Because I sure as hell do. My raid team has already split into two separate raid teams for TBC. Im finding it hard to believe

1 Like

What are your options?

If you are someone who consistently shows up for raids, I’d be surprised if you are unable to find a raid spot as a rogue.

On the other hand, as you’ve even said, Rogues are great in Arena in TBC, so there will be a lot of rogues, and there will likely be a lot of rogues wanting raid spots.

If you end up rolling a class/spec you don’t really like, then I can almost guarantee you’ll find yourself in a raiding guild looking at the boomkin, and thinking… “Man… I should have just played what I wanted. Look at this guy playing what he wants! He’s got a raiding spot.”

Honestly? who knows. all it boils down to is the raiding guild you are in and how many raid teams they have. No excuse to not really take a rogue in a raid tbh. Same with a ret pally for classic. Yes I went there.

Your opinion is wrong and your guild name is redundant.

You can’t have the best of all worlds with any class. There isnt a lesser of evils.

If you want a guaranteed raid spot, if its that important to you, roll tank or healer.

Before you reroll anything just remember the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, no matter what side you are on.

Rogues enjoy benefits no other class offers.

1 Like

If rogue is the class you wany to play you should play it. It’ll be tougher to find a spot than most classes you just gotta be patient. Also if you want to do arena on a rogue you really have to raid as you’ll be wearing a ton of pve gear in pvp.

Just like in vanilla, there will be dozens and dozens of guilds just looking to fill the raid and not caring about making a perfectly sweat-stacked raid comp.

You can find a guild quite easily.

The hard part will be finding a guild that matchs what you expect in regards to progression. The more they focus on quick efficient clears, the fewer rogues they will have

Most guilds won’t though. At least the kind of guild most people want to join. Most guilds are going to shed their dead weight. In most guilds not all 40 members are pulling their weight. There’s a good 5- sometimes 10 people who are doing the bare minimum and are being carried. In tbc you can drop those players.

Yes they will. And what will that “dead weight” do?

anybody?

Oh theyll go find/form new guilds! See its really simple math. You have 10 raid teams (400 members) and now those 10 raid teams can only house 250 raid spots. That leaves 150 players on the outside (give or take a few bench slots). Those players arent all just quitting the game. They will move off and form new group, new guilds, and new raids.

There will be new raid teams forming. Thats all I’m trying to say here

Yep.

We have an weeknight team, a latenight team who is splitting into another guild, and we have a weekend team which has a lot of alts, but also a lot of different raiders.

So what I expect to happen is we will have at least 1-2 other raid teams that occupy different time slots where people will offer to raid lead and go from there. Especially now that raid times are not tied to world buffs to an extent.

easy answer is if you want to play X class and you dont have a guild then you need to start making your connections NOW. Making connections and finding a guild that you feel that you will be included in raids needs to start now.

Remember back when classic was announced, and these forums first came up and everyone and their dog was telling people stuff like boomkins will never exist in nax, hunters will only be brought for the tranq shot, and something like an ele or enhance shaman will basically be non existent?

Look, every class, of every spec, of any race, will be raiding in tbc. If you are in a guild that is full of super duper hardcore mouth breathers, and you want to play a rogue but they won’t let you, then why do you even want to be in that guild anyway. Pugs won’t be worried about what class you are, but your gear or experience (unless they have a ton of melee if they specifically need something).

Just roll what you want and then go from there man.

It’s the same with Fury warriors. But really, it’s also the same with all these newly fixed high demand hybrids. Yeah, every guild will want an elemental shaman, enhancement shaman, boomkin, feral druid, arms warrior, ret pally, but probably only one.

Luckily, there will be twice as many guilds/raid teams out there, so while your likelihood of getting into each particular raid group is cut in half, the number of raid groups out there to apply to will double. See how the math works?

The only classes/specs in TBC that raid groups will probably want more than 2 of will be hunters and warlocks and probably resto shamans. Everyone else is applying for 1-2 slots. Although more casual guilds may take 3 or more of you just to fill a slot with a warm body.

So, IMO, if you are a good player who puts in high effort and has good attendance, play what you want. You’ll likely earn a spot somewhere.

But if you’re a lazy player who doesn’t put in much effort, you probably want to play one of the FoTM classes like hunter or warlock. Because guilds will be reading metas and taking those classes even if the player is bad. I predict that there will be a ton of awful hunters and warlocks running around in TBC.

But those dead weight guilds won’t last very long. Those aren’t the kinds of guilds most people are looking for and you know it. Op clearly wants a raid spot for his rogue in a good progression focused guild. The kind of guild he wants to join will be cutting out dead weight not adding more.

And tons of hunters (and warlocks) got to raid and see all of the content, even though they weren’t competing with fury warriors and rogues at the top of the damage meters.

Those classes switch places in TBC. And then hybrid dps classes get thrown into the mix (one of each per raid). It will be fine.

If you are a bad/lazy player who lacks confidence, play a hunter or warlock. If you are a confident, good player, play what you want.