ROFL @ all this RET PAL misinformation

Stop believing all the bull hype that I see SOOOOO many people posting lying about and streamers lying about. All they are doing is giving you false hope.

Here is the SOLID truth from a ACTUAL TBC PALADIN FROM THE ACTUAL TBC ERA … not some private server BS which ALMOST ALL THESE PEOPLE ARE who are LYING TO YOU !

Ret paladins are only good in PVE ON SHORT FIGHTS ! “NA UH BIG DADDY WE CAN SEAL TWIST NOW THIS IS UNPRESIDENTED AND NOW MAKES US GOOD” no … NO … you are stupid shut up

Ret paladins having boths seals DOES NOT CHANGE THE REASON RET PALADINS SUCK IN PVE ! IF ANYTHING IT MAKES IT EVEN HARDER !

BECAUSE … wait for it … this was the same reason it was in vanilla TBC … YOU CANT SUSTAIN THE MANA COST NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO NO MATTER HOW MANY CONSUMABLES YOU BRING !

“NA HUH BIG DADDY PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO PLAY NOW AND ARE BETTER THE FIGHTS ARE GONNA BE SHORTER AND WILL MAKE IT VIABLE WITH THE MANA SHORTAGE” … No you are wrong shut up

You guys are giving false hope to the most desperate to be good class and spec in the history of the game … it happens it does come but you still one expansion away from it. Stop believing these FAKE PRIVATE SERVER idiots who are just pretending to know.

“NU UH BIGDADDY I SAW A VIDEO AND THIS PALADIN WAS PULLING SICK DPS AND MANA WAS FINE YOU ARE WRONG” no you poor desperate sad meat puppet the only way thats true is if they were on a private server and guess what unlike classic private servers who somewhat got the numbers right NOBODY HAS MADE A EVEN REMOTLY CORRECT TBC PRIVATE SERVER.

“OK BUT BIG DADDY RETADINS ARE STILL AMAZING IN 2S PALADIN SHAMAN IS A THING AND IM TOLD ITS VERY GOOD” No OMG no it is not … you have no MS if you go up agianst any team with a healer WHICH MOST WILL you CANNOT WIN unless the shaman gets super lucky shocking in your very small window of blowing your load and once people figure out the strongest comp is mage/lock followed by warrior/druid thats all you will face and YOU HAVE NO CHANCE AS A PALADIN NO MATTER WHO YOUR PARTNER IS TO BEAT THOSE 2 COMPS

Im not here to kill your dreams retadins im just here to cut through the TONS of BS out there so you dont go deep into this expansion just to find out you screwed yourself.

38 Likes

sshhh don’t tell them you’ll ruin the surprise

20 Likes

Sounds like you have a l2p issue. Stopped reading when you started talking about 2’s. “YoU dOnT HaVe An Ms duuur, hOW CaN U PosSIBLY KiLl AnyThInG Duur” yep huge l2p issues.

4 Likes

what about prot or shockadin. Teach me big daddy?

The ret paladin self-loathing is so strong I almost feel bad

4 Likes

As someone who ONLY played a ret paladin until Wrath I can confirm most of the time it was pretty underwhelming and I was on the C raiding team and barely achieved Rival in PVP, only at the end of the expansion did people call me overpowered and a million ret paladins popped up.

6 Likes

If people can make it work on private servers who have harder/longer boss fights than what regular TBC is going to have. Then I think people will be able to make it work in TBC Classic.

Also I don’t think anyone has been stating that ret paladins will be toping the meters.

I do agree on PVP though. I am not 100% sold on ret paladin/resto shaman being top tier in 2s. That comp just seems like it would be horribly weak to anything with a mana burn.

All in all though its definitely a wait and see moment. People definitely have improved since original TBC and there will be a lot of stuff that happens that didn’t happen then.

2 Likes

With alliance getting Martyr and now most of the community knows about actually using consumes for raiding, I don’t think mana will be an issue at all for rets. Judge wisdom, shadow priests, mana from being healed, and mana pots will be more than enough for a ret to stay mana healthy during even long boss fights.

I just think OP wanted to play ret and had no idea what he was doing.

5 Likes

Yeah you’re definitely the kind of person to trust with any sort of reliable information.

4 Likes

Sorry to burst your bubble but im 100% correct and you are not

2 Likes

Thats it? You’re right and I’m wrong? Nothing else? Your post is nothing but opinionated slander on things you apparently don’t understand, or you REALLY don’t know how to play your class.

7 Likes

Boy, OP is sure doing a really poor job of making me, someone who hasn’t played Paladin in TBC, actually want to look at them as an authority figure on the class instead of a joke to /point /laugh at

2 Likes

Well no offence im sorry but if I spent any more time the you got on people who are wrong when im right id never have any time :wink:

1 Like

I’m for sure not a ret expert. But - I feel like in TBC they do get competitive in Sunwell, but prior to that even with seal twisting/blood it’s still fairly underwhelming.

I can’t imagine putting a ret pally in the Spriest group though. I could be wrong.

Ret pallies have their place to be sure. But if you didn’t have one the raid wouldn’t be lacking in any capacity.

dude just because it make the target take 10% more holy damage i feel ret as a free spot since prot pal are just god and you want you prot pal to have a good time so you will invite one ret so ur prot pal as is favorite debuf on taget.

BTW YOU NEVER NEEDED WINDFURY AS A WARRIOR YOU GET IT BECAUSE IT FUN ITS A FUN BUFF SAME FOR PROT PALE 10 % HOLY DAMAGE DEBUFF NOT NEEDED BUFF U GET IT CUZ UR MAIN TANK NEED TO REMAIN HAPPY

2 Likes

Ret paladins do have a spot in TBC, unlike classic where the drastically low DPS didn’t make the extra blessing worth it.

Rets not only provide an extra blessing, they give a crit chance debuff to the target, and refresh all the judgments of the other paladins in the group, plus an aura.

3 Likes

Thats a very interesting world view you have there.

2 Likes

Ok ok ill give you some more time only because you are SUPER WRONG.

Not because what you said about what a ret paladin brings … no no thats correct … but … who cares … no seriously who cares those are such MINOR things compared to what a shaman or druid will bring and this is probably what you are not getting but there are only 5 groups you can fill the ret paladisn spot with a class who is far more beneficial like again shaman (and no horde classic players not talking about Wind fury totem … no no its this NEW TOTEM maybe you have heard of it its called WRATH OF AIR TOTEM and it gives SPELL POWER !) as for refreshing judgments … so what … the prot paladin already in raid can do it as well as the holy. Druids bring melee and spell crit (which is buffed in TBC) so they are more important then ret as well. Its viable to bring a ret if it was just for buffs alone but the damage from rets on long fights are so low you wont be parsing with the rest of the raid would will be fighting for top DPS against the hunter pets.

2 Likes

People are really under estimating the effect of dark runes. Especially for Paladins.

4 Likes

Feral bring melee crit, boomkin bring spell crit, only to the group that player is in. Ret paladins bring both and the debuff effects the ENTIRE raid, not just the group that player is in. Also, you dont want your holy paladin wasting mana and a global to judge the boss on cooldown, you want them healing. You REALLY have no idea what you’re talking about, do you?

4 Likes