Rise of Azshara Experiences So Far

Never had this happen.

Normally the players on my faction don’t want to get involved at all. This is my experience on BOTH factions. There’s hardly a difference in player availability or behavior.

I agree. The art is legit. It’s a cool take on what the ocean floor should look like. I do feel like the ocean is a little shallow. It seems like the water walls should be much higher than they are. I’m not one for rainbows and butterflies but man I really like the design. Mechagon Island seems really tiny though. You open the map and it looks huge but it takes your character 30 seconds to run from one side to the other.

4 Likes

Right?

“How many of you aren’t progressing as much as you are too busy being crushed beneath a wave of the opposing faction while trying to attempt a world quest? How many of you have been attacked by your own faction simply for requesting aid against the bad guys in /1?”

Fixed his question for him.

4 Likes

Okay, except a number of them are walking around on two legs. And a number of the formerly aquatic creatures are now capable of breathing air and flying.

I could handle the terrain issues though if the mod density was better balanced.

:cookie:

5 Likes

Well I did everything I could until the artificially placed gating mechanic of putting quest completion behind rank 3 of bodyguards, but only giving us enough dailies that grant bodyguard xp to get us to rank 2. That was fun.

Then I went to Mechagon, did everything available and ended up 100 faction away from Friendly. Considering Mechagon has no emissary, and there are far fewer dailies than Nazjatar, I don’t see how we’re going to unlock Pathfinder 2 in a couple of weeks as was hinted by your own people.

I do hope Thrall’s “Thunderbluff will burn, just like Teldrassil” is a portent of things to come, and not just a tease to be stopped by another round of “Horde + Alliance band together against the Warchief” that you’ve repeatedly said would not be happen in this expansion.

13 Likes

I would expect more of the same. Were you look for a completely different kind of game?

Not sure how much they would change the formula for WoW. If you’re not enjoying the game, give some examples of what you want to see instead.

1 Like

I think its pretty decent so far! I just came back to the game recently and hit 120 a week ago. Some of Naz is really nice to look at!

I miss having Maximillian out questing with me from Legion. So I appreciate having some new followers to level up.

While Naz is cool, it seems a touch small. Seems maybe it’d been better being a couple zones big or even as big as Argus. Mechagon seems rightsized for what it is. I really like the idea of essences and punch cards. I wish Jewelcrafting profession was more like punchcards for all your other gear that can be socketed.

This might seem odd, but I think its ridiculous how fast I have geared up. I went from fresh a 120 to ilvl 377 or so nearly overnight without any islands, dungeons, or raids. I played catchup both in 7.2 and 7.3 and I don’t remember getting geared up this fast. I’ll take it, but it seems to bypass a lot of other progression systems.

edit: By the way, I imagine i might be in this gear for a long while upgrading via currency. The thing I dislike, is I’m a jewelcrafter with no gear to put my jewels in. Seems really off. It would be nice to be able use those manapearls to buy some sockets.

2 Likes

I’m very annoyed and a bit frustrated with the task facing me at the start: the need to go to the Angler’s Wharf to buy and then mail, one by one since the equipment is unique, 20 pieces of mount equipment to all of my 20 alts so that I can then log in to every one of the 20 alts to put it into their mount tabs so that, in the end, I can finally make a couple of strider mounts that I grinded out in the past have the same ability they had on Monday.

That is not what I call a fun and engaging feature of the new patch.

/moo :cow:

19 Likes

The mob scaling in Nazjatar feels terrible especially because the areas are densely populated. It was tedious on my main, I dread to think what my lower geared alts will experience.

31 Likes

Sometimes I feel like life is too time gated too. Sometimes I finish my day around 6 PM and wish I could just start tomorrow now. That 24 hours in a day is holding me back from living to 100 years old right now.

Nazjatar has been a lot of pain, death and corpse runs. Overtuned mobs traveling in packs, way too close together so I can’t kite without pulling adds. The zone is beautiful so good job art team but I shouldn’t have to essentially take a body guard to survive non elite world trash while picking herbs.

9 Likes

Zero. Zero people are being held back by so much killing in warmode. Zero. Just read the forums. Horde have stepped up their “why won’t alliance turn on warmode” game exponentially.

15 Likes

I fixed it for you.

Mob scaling in general sucks. What is the point of improving your character if the world gets stronger right along with you. instead of a journey, its just a treadmill …

34 Likes

Quote of the day.

1 Like

Move on then?

I’m doing the quests with a friend, so I’m not anywhere near done since I’m waiting on him. However of what I’ve seen so far…

Nazjatar is GORGEOUS. I love it. Navigation is killing me (thank goodness for my friend), but I’m thoroughly enjoying it. We sit on Discord, chat, kill things, get lost and are generally having a blast. I’m looking forward to doing it on my two healer alts as well with friends who are taking alts over there too.

Mechagon I’m not so fond of. It has a cluttered feeling, and visually it’s unpleasant. There aren’t many quests there from what I’ve seen, which means that getting the appropriate level of rep is going to feel exceedingly grindy.

I don’t like the change to mythic+ to increase the difficulty before we can start acquiring the gear to overcome that. I ran Tol Dagor 11 last night with a group and it was a miserable slog. Changing the cannons was really silly for those of us playing at an average level. STOP nerfing things for the MDI; I’m begging.

I do like that Islands give you an essence for your neck piece. That was a pleasant surprise. I also enjoyed getting the map fragments. I do wish you’d added more to the Dubloon vendor. Seeing nothing new was disappointing.

1 Like

Haven’t touched warmode as Horde since “Against all odds” was implemented.

Mecha is a cool zone, but I can’t see killing each other over “rare” spawns with 1/3rd the life they should have being any fun. Especially when they are all tied to rep (of which you need to get to revered to be able to fly).

Naz I need to spend more time in, the back and forth through winding passage ways is… It’s just not what I like to do.

As an aside… I am pretty disappointed with -Weapons- or the lack thereof.
Benthic armor, hits all the spots you already have gear for, but nary a mention of where to get a weapon.

Back to doing emissaries so I can land a titanforged out of a honorbound box am I?

3 Likes

It’s trash and I uninstalled. No rares in mechagon so nothing to grind, and the bejeweled/candy crush garbage is the worst. Spent over an hour trying to match 5, as did two of my friends I play with. We all uninstalled and unsubbed. Regret spending 15 dollars to resub for this trash.

14 Likes

Have not gone there yet but just happy that when i did sign on last night i got a 410 dagger from mythic+ cache. Prob will explore tonight or tomorrow since my timings to go in are diff today