Rise of Azshara Experiences So Far

Why? There is surprisingly little water in Nazjatar. Little pools here and there, and aggro constantly causing you to take 1 hit and lose WW.

Don’t get me wrong I think removing WW from waterstriders is literally just Flying all over again. A mechanism they can gate in 9.0 as part of Pathfinder Part 1 and then give it back to us as a “reward”.

3/10. I tried it, it’s boring. Bring back legendary effects for classes and put them as essences. Then you will have my interest.

2 Likes

Honest opinion? The story time gating is already reminding me of hte “five minute weekly quests” bull stuffing from Broken Shores. Which was bad, and made worse by the poor quality of the story.

The fact its already giving me vibes of a zone I disliked, that doesn’t speak much for its longevity.

Mechagon is grinders paradise. Now if you’re like most reasonable gamers, you consider Grinding something to be tolerated, not praised, or made required for access to certain aspects of the game.

In short, you’re barely mustering a C average so far.

6 Likes

Your husband and i are on the same page, i said exactly the same thing to my wife as well. She persevered long enough to get to gnome island and found a flight master, got bored, logged off and went to bed.
It’s a shame as we were really looking forward to tackling the new zone together, but now it looks like another snorefest we will most likely go back to another mmo whilst we wait for classic, though we might spend a few more hours here and there in naj/gnome, i can’t see us investing much more time in it than that.

1 Like

Legion had better class design than BFA so yes it would have been better received.

1 Like

with the classes the same a new car shell wont fix the engine.

5 Likes

I’m having fun. Spending as much time on Mechagon doing rares and what ever aimlessness pops up as I am in Naz where I have quests and goals pointing me places. I’m sitting here on Mechagon just wanting more to happen, but in a good way. I want to collect the heart abilities but some will take time. I kinda wish they weren’t character based and thank god the intro quests don’t actually take too long when you just spam buttons. I like that the whistle upgrade is account wide, kinda wish wqs were too.

I’ve been feeling a little lost and overwhelmed, but that’s pretty normal for me with new content. I’m not really sure what I’m supposed to be doing at any given time.

Also, I’m getting new mats and stuff and bag/bank space is at a premium. I sure could use a second mats tab in my bank. How 'bout it Blizz? 1000g wouldn’t be unfair for another reagents tab.

4 Likes

I really like both zones. I just wish I had more stuff to do right away. By do I mean more ways to get my reps to revered asap. I really don’t like feeling like I have to stop when I have a lot more free time to kill.

1 Like

I cant speak for everyone just observing, the 2 guilds i am in 90% have WM off…and about the same in my friends list. …but nice try tho…

3 Likes

Not really 8.2 feedback on the content itself because I just won’t do it. Until these get fixed…

• No PvP Vendors
  • Forced PL
  • Titanforging
  • No new M+ Affixes (1 per raid drop doesn’t count)
  • Class Design

…you won’t see me coming back to retail.

4 Likes

8.2 will give you a smattering or things to work toward. However it’s all gated and nothing really wow’s me from it. I didn’t mind Argus because classes felt good, but the new zones are too meh for me.

The problem is that if 8.2 were a meal it would be just a hamburger with no side being served on a trashcan lid. The classes make the game unappetizing and unpalatable.

2 Likes

Well, that depends on how hard the mobs are to kill, Timeless Isle was very good and hard if you didn’t have gear. That I what I want to see. I have yet to see the new zone yet, with the new patch lots of guild mates have come back and what do ya know we know a ton of ppl playing the same class as my main. So I’m thinking of leveling up my alt.

Mechagon is the bomb, literally! I love it. I wish it were the primary story zone and was about twice as big with twice as many quests. It’s just absolutely charming. Kudos to the art department.

Naz is pretty but less engaging. Overall I’m having fun.

1 Like

Having issues with Warmode. 0 Alliance in Nazjatar, making the PVP event uncompletable.

definitely meh. mechagon seems to be the better place, but again, meh

3 Likes

I can’t stand it when people are so disingenuous and knowing shoveling a load of dung. Maybe the very end of Legion was alt friendly, but certainly not the first two major patches. It was hard enough to keep 2 specs AP capped, at the start only you were locked to one spec, and all your time was spent grind AP for that one spec.

Neither Legion or BFA is even close to WotLK when it comes to being Alt friendly. In fact, WotLK was the last truly alt friendly xpacs at all. Alt friendly stopped in Cata Firelands when you were forced to grind dailies and it took an hour or longer just to complete them for one character, this is also the Patch that seriously started to push the AP like grinds, back then it was Rep grinds but they are all the same then till now, they’ve only changed what they call the grinding process and changed slightly how it was implemented, but it’s all meant to do the same thing. Waste your time.

1 Like

Nazjatar warmode is totally unbalanced that your joke is not funny
The horde constantly camp Mezzamere and the guards there are useless

1 Like

So far the only real problem I have is the mobs are way too dense. You can’t take two steps without aggro’ing something. It’s already getting old. Other than that, so far I have to admit it isn’t too bad. I haven’t gone out to the Junker Gnome’s area yet, I’ll do that tomorrow. I’ve just been messing around seeing what I can find and knocking out some quests.

But, I have to say this, I have both Horde and Alliance and I don’t feel like doing all this stuff twice. Sooooooooooooo yeah. Replayability for me is nope. The mobs are too dense, I’m having to fight for every step and don’t find that much fun to be honest, it’s just annoying AF.

3 Likes

I just listened to a guildy pretty much throw away the thought of ever flying this expansion because of Nazjata. It was a sad moment.

Myself, loving mechcagon. Not so loving Nazjata. The WQ system gets dated this far into an expansion. Maybe add a couple of heroic dungeons instead next time, please.

4 Likes