Rise of Azshara Experiences So Far

I shall have to do this for my shaman…its nice to know something is helpful when you have to drop into ghost wolf form instead of just for mobility.

Guys it’s fine, this is just an advertisement for Shadowbringers

Fr though they made me buy a copy, I wasn’t planning on playing it before.

2 Likes

no negativity in the dojo

3 Likes

I could sum it up in one word but the forums won’t let me. So this goes along with my one word.

/Yawn…

3 Likes

Design and aesthetics are really well done. The wall of water around Nazjatar was a cool idea. I really like all the neat things I can find while I explore. Mechagon seems cool too! I only have one day in there, but its will be fun to collect stuff and do some dailies in there.

The major CON is that you made essences only obtainable in pvp and rankable through pvp activities. Please stop doing this. By all means, add essences that are obtainable in pvp, but also make and alternate way to obtain them in pve. I don’t avoid pvp because you haven’t given me a reason to go. I avoid it because I hate it. The most frustrating thing in MMO games is when developers feel they need to put pve content in pvp to get the community active in pvp.

As I said, don’t exclude pvpers from getting stuff, just put an alternate path for pve to obtain things so we can avoid pvp if we’d like to.

2 Likes

i can’t be negative in this dojo, so I can’t say.

When has new zones introduced in an expansion ever NOT been primarily daily hubs?

I guess Wrath had a pretty good philosophy of just barely release world content.

Would like to see more varied drops from rares; a majority of them drop pets, especially in Nazjatar. How about some cool, unique transmogs instead? One of those big mystery bags stuffed with the new materials?

Here’s my “Experience”. I have a World Quest named Azerite Madness in Zuldazar that’s phasing in and out between Azerite Madness. I get the damned thing 50+% complete, it phases to the other WQ, which shouldn’t even BE UP, and sets my progress back to 0%. 3 times now. That’s it, done. You can’t be bothered to QA your sheise, I can’t be bothered to pay you some change.

3 Likes

Hmmmm

/10char

1 Like

everything was fine til tickles the moron showed up

I will say that I love the zones and I’m having a blast exploring. What I would have wanted to see more of is vulpera content though, so I’m hoping they will swing back into relevance soon since they’re my favorite addition to BFA.

The whole of Nazjatar is very pretty. I’ve been loving the scale of the place as well as the depth. Being a DH has been particularly nice and you can just glide over a lot of the areas and see the scenery sprawling out below.

Content wise it’s been enjoyable playing with a friend although most of the content seemed to be done after but an hour. I did particularly enjoy just finding the various resources for my new allies.

It wasn’t a particularly special quest, but not knowing where (and not having pointers or area beacons) each of the different items spawned was really cool. Instead it was one of those things we were just actively looking around for whilst doing our other tasks.
We were thinking of things like “does this area look like somewhere that would have kelp or seaweed?” And that additional (admittedly very tiny) amount of engagement made a huge difference to the quest.
It turned off the auto-pilot.

Manapearl rewards seem to be highly variant from rares, and chests etc. My friend and I did the exact same content, looted the exact same chests, and killed the exact same rares yet at the end of the time he finished with 11 more mana pearls than me. More something of note rather than a grievance, my bad luck with drops etc in WoW is something of legend amongst my peers.

Hopefully will get to do some Mechagon tonight.

Will possibly do Nazjatar again on a different character, see if it holds up in solo play as well.

I’m finding it to be actually good.

The daily-quest change system is not bad. The maps are nice (tbh I had 0 hopes for Mechagon, I stand corrected).

The War Campaign was great. Specially the finishing events that remind you of “better” times.

The “minigame” WQs however need a nerf. Reaching that squid atop the jellyfishes is nigh impossible. Aligning 5 runes of a same color with the current movement mechanics is hellish. The ley lines are not as bad but at first I was at total loss regarding what to do.

Hard to play alts lmao the only time the game has been more alt friendly was Legion.

It’s an RPG not super smash bros

1 Like

Really appreciated this. Too often people read someone’s comment about how they are disappointed and immediately ju.p to calling them a crybaby or some other equally reductive judgement born from sociopathy.

You’re right that a break for awhile to gain some perspective may be useful. I hope you, and others, continue to enjoy it. Hopefully there will be content for me at a later date.

Truly, I do appreciate your words.

2 Likes

Biggest issue im having is that you guys inflate gear so much that if I havent been subbed for a month i get 1 shot by the other faction. Calm down with the ilvl ffs

1 Like

So glad you reduced the resource’s needed to win from 10,000 to 3,000, however even at 3,000 it feels way too slow.

I cant help but feel that a 45min world PvP is a ploy for your time spent metric!

So same as the entire expansion basically /sigh Good luck with the Armor, you’ll look badass!

As a filthy casual who can never ever be in a raid, but have lots of small time windows to do world content, I totally disagree.

1 Like