Ripcord, essentially pulled

Anyone who’s sad about this, it’s mind boggling.

You know what would have happened if covenants stayed insanely good? Everyone would have flocked to whatever was best for their class, then some nerf would have made it worse, and the top end raiders would have been forced to either re grind covenants or be benched. The mid tier wannabes would be stuck in an ugly covenant (to them) with trash tier benefits. The casual tier wouldn’t have cared anyway.

There was literally no way to win with Blizzard’s original “design”.

29 Likes

They should’ve focused on optimizing baseline classes in the first place.

I feel like my time on beta was nothing more than a prolonged stress test

26 Likes

I think of a cord literally being ripped.

It certainly wasn’t about balance and class design.

2 Likes

Either way I love how they say covenants will play a huge role, and now the talents are basically cosmetic.

:+1:

It reminds me of last years blizzcon when Ion said: “We hear you on class identity” , and then they proceed to add a few old abilities, along with 99% borrowed power.

Nice one blissy, nice one.

15 Likes

Exactly, but they insist on this forced carrot on a stick and, when there’s no borrowed power, like now on pre-patch, we can see how truly broken are classes and specs…

6 Likes

Which is what many of us wanted in the first place. If this is true, this is the best news from the beta yet.

4 Likes

I hope it’s true. I skimmed through the latest beta build and didn’t find much but like I said I’m blind. :sob:
Was this done in an earlier beta build and I just didn’t know until now?

This is why I hate people they whine until they ruin the fun.

9 Likes

So we’re going to have armor that can be upgraded via universal multi-colored interlinking blocks?

2 Likes

Your fun =/= to others fun. Your fun is merely an opinion of what fun is.

11 Likes

Seeing the amount of feedback provided that was just blatantly ignored almost puts a tear in my eye.

Systemlands is looking like another expac I spend mostly frozen based on what I experienced in the beta.

9 Likes

Not just upgraded, but made entirely from them.

1 Like

“But everyone will just stop playing once they gear their mains, if we don’t design systems that ensure they’ll feel like they’re Messing Up if they aren’t playing their mains all the time!”

or i’ll go back to enjoying alts like i did in MoP, that could be fun too

10 Likes

About time! There better be instruction books though because I’m not exactly a Lego Master Builder or anything…

1 Like

In the original design, I would have (as an example, I know the tuning was basically changing day by day) as a MM hunter who wants to raid, needed to go Venthyr for a flayed shot. But Venthyr looks horrible. I hate vertical zones, hate vampires, hate gothic grimdark aesthetics. Also, a Vulpera is the most hilariously unfitting race for the covenant ever.

Now I can go Kyrian or Night Fae and chill in a pleasant, organic-looking hub and choose one of those hubs for some of the gorgeous new pet skins there without sacrificing most performance.

2 Likes

WoW Armor is now minecraft, our transmogs are made by blocks and fully customizable?

1 Like

Oh, as I have said before, and I will say again, I refunded. Class design was completely disregarded. They “unpruned”. Which is a laughing stock to reality.

What they have done to classes just to justify their band aid systems later was the final straw for me. This team does not have the past knowledge to create a great game. They only know how to make time metric based non sense that keep you coming back to spin on that hamster wheel when we really just want to play the game and not the systems that inhibit it.

10 Likes

systemlands is going to be great for ffxiv so many people will be heading to a game with devs who hear what the community wants.

7 Likes

LK was my favorite because I was able to play multiple classes every week the way I wanted without some non sense hurdle to overcome other than gear. The way it is supposed to be.

6 Likes