Ripcord, essentially pulled

Grats to ripcorders.

Most cov abilities, conduits, and soulbinds have been nerfed by 70 to 90 percent on beta. It was the only way Blizz could balance the game enough for launch.

Legos, which will be swappable and recipes be account wide, will be your big power pieces. The covs will be mostly cosmetic. Some cov abilities are so weak that using them lowers your DPS.

One example: ‘‘https://www.wowhead.com/news=318814/shadowlands-beta-build-36401-class-covenant-and-spell-changes-eonars-legendary-r?webhook’’

31 Likes

Is it though? Is it?

7 Likes

https://i.imgflip.com/17iek1.jpg

96 Likes

Thank the Gods.

Literally the only way this hot mess would be salvageable.

25 Likes

Blizzard was never going to admit they were wrong by removing the covs, nerfing them to the point where they don’t matter much was the only way they could fix it.

35 Likes

That’s what I was afraid of.

5 Likes

Probably be adjusted again before launch, like legendaries were. Happens in tuning phase.

7 Likes

Every time I see ripcord posted I think of Chainsaw Man

11 Likes

As, in my opinion, they should have been designed to be from the very beginning. If Blizzard has proven anything over the years, with talents, classes, and specs being the poignant examples, it’s that it cannot balance multiple options well enough that there isn’t at least a strong community perception that certain ones are viable while others aren’t.

61 Likes

Only way to meet deadline.

We called it months ago.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

23 Likes

Except that for many classes, most of the legos are also in the 1-3% dps gain which is absolutely trash for what a lego is supposed to be, not working properly, poorly thought out, or just bad in general.

So no, Legos are not the “power pieces” for most folks currently. There are not any power pieces.

8 Likes

So many people afraid their covenant wont be viable so blizzard ruined it for everyone.

Can’t wait until everything’s balanced and they’re still trash.

4 Likes

Is there a link to the page that has this update? Would like to share it with my friends. Can’t seem to find it, I’m probably super blind.

3 Likes

The one time the balance team actually wants to try their job they find out it’s too hard and give up.

At least now they can get back to youtube at work.

16 Likes

Actually the focus on covenants will go back to the signature abilities. Unless the sims say otherwise…the mobility that venthyr teleport and Night Fae Blink provides is very, very good with how systemlands zones and instanced content is designed.

2 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with going back to just class design!

We don’t need covenants. Soulbinds. Heck, we don’t even need legendaries. We don’t need gimmicks. Give us fun, solid classes. Maybe buff certain legendaries to give raiders an extra carrot later, nowhere near the power creep of Legion’s. More like Vanilla’s Thunderfury max. Tadaa, game is good again.

74 Likes

Honestly Im glad they super nerfed covenants…I didnt want to be forced into an asthetic and skill I didn’t like so that I could avoid being kicked from groups and garbage talked by streamer groupies.

21 Likes

So…it’s good that it’s balanced? Rather have balance than one being mandatory.

5 Likes

Good. This makes me very happy.

4 Likes

A nerf to the ground that players asked for. LMAO…2020 is going in the record books.

3 Likes