Rip zaralek caverns. rares will despawn now

Everything you said is a bad take and you should feel bad for typing it.

Bosses are the rule to max player content. RARES, however, have never been. Not even in classic.

2 Likes

I don’t think people mind a single (as in, 1) “World Boss” style rare being featured in a zone, the problem is basically every single rare in the map having “World Boss” levels of health while also hitting like a truck - it’s just not good game design, and not fun for the players visiting the zone obviously

9 Likes

The issue here often isn’t the devs themselves
 it’s the people above them. Someone up in the management structure has a little too much power to make decisions that ultimately don’t affect them, so they screw over people without really thinking about how it affects the game overall, or the community behind it. Until those people in management making these decisions are removed or reassigned to more menial tasks (with less power), nothing will fundamentally change.

1 Like

Argus? ZM? Timeless Isle? Tannan Jungle? TLPD was an elite back in wrath

I would argue that rare farming being possible in general is bad game design. Rares should be actually rare, not just random named mobs.

Blizz clearly wanted that place to be neglected and soloing for transmog with the new zone gear just got harder with the timelimit despawn

1 Like

People have tried organizing groups and raids for world content but that has been frowned upon (eg WoD, Legion).

So I am assuming the expectation is a small group aka delve size to be doing this content. Except for the fact that BlizZard hasn’t explicitly said so.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

I knew it! This is Bobby Koticks revenge plot as he leaves for good because we cheered on our new Microsoft overlords!

All silliness aside I do hope the Microsoft takeover brings about a better change.

Oh boy do I have NEWS for you. Back starting in Legion they stopped calling them rares and started calling them “Special Encounters” in the achievement log that has you kill them. A small detail most people missed.

So the term and phrase “They’re rare so they should stay rare” needs to die.

5 Likes

LOL I know you’re joking but blaming Bobby Kotick probably isn’t the most well-informed decision in this case, joke or not. He probably had nothing to do with it - I doubt he even plays WoW.

I’m talking like people who are in charge of the systems departments or encounter design departments - somewhere along those lines. (I only mention this for sake of clarity for everyone else, you probably already knew this)

1 Like

Yeah I know. I was just pointing to an old threads about people blaming kotick for the problems in the blizzard workplace whether in game or in office when it was more specific individuals within the teams themselves causing all the fuss.

2 Likes

None of those were switched to “they can’t all be up at the same time and will go on WQ rotation of what’s in the area, making it harder to find and kill.” Which in turn killed group listings, which in turn killed the zone, which means no one is around for these, which means tanks are the only ones doing this, which means after 15 minutes of killing one rare, the rest of those that they were hoping to get to are now gone— and quite possibly gone for days until those WQs come back up.

5 Likes

Regardless of this, Blizz does also still call them ‘rares’ themselves. I mean it’s right there in the hotfix. ‘Rare elites’. I’m not saying I agree with the person you replied to, but it’s definitely not a term that’s been retired on Blizz’s side.

Which is not what I was addressing here.

They all had a substantial number of rares tuned for multiple players, which directly contradicts the claim of what I was directly responding to.

Incase you missed my nugget of truth.

I was wondering why my rare scanner didn’t have a seizure when entering the area like it normally does. No one kills those things on my dead server.

3 Likes

Typically I wouldn’t say something like this, but
 Whoever made the decisions for Zaralek Caverns needs to have their ability to make decisions for game zones removed.

8 Likes

I mean, someone had to say it.

Devs, we need some logic here behind why the change was made. Whatever your logic was, it seems like it goes against everything you have claimed recently to be about. It disrespects player time. It is making content even more irrelevant.

This change is so effing stupid. I am so mad that I am so mad about this. And, I’m saying all of this knowing that I already have all the rewards from the zone. I had to sit soloing a BUGGED Invoq for weeks trying to get the last collectable from the zone. I’d never wish that pain on anyone. Soloing that stupid ‘rare’ for 10 minutes at a time was not fun. It was not engaging gameplay. I had just enough gear on a handful of characters to do it. But evertime I started to solo that stupid rare (or any other), I had to kind of sigh. it wasn’t challenging, it was frustrating.

Now here’s the thing about scarcity: for ONE mob/rare, this would actually be cool! But for an entire zone of rares where the spawning and reward setup has already been f-ed compared to the rest of the game, it is incredibly stupid. Especially given you already screwed with this area already!

Let me be clear:
-How rares functioned in this zone (post changes) was a failed experiment. Yet, this is even worse.
-No one will like this new change.
-
just, seriously, WTH?

7 Likes

I used a quote to address this whole, “It’s not a problem, because there are rare elites in other places” to point out how nonsensical that is due to the actual problem of ZC.

1 Like

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/147086047057149952/1176746448478539777/image.png

Go on

1 Like