Rip zaralek caverns. rares will despawn now

Blizzard: “Eh screw it, let’s make it 2, with a 6hr respawn!”

1 Like

And it’ll be completely random which rare actually spawns zone wide, with each having a 1% chance of spawning at all.

1 Like

Don’t mind if I do. The logic of “It’s rare it should stay rare” needs to die. It’s literally a pixel mob what are you going to do capture it like a pokemon or mount its head on a wall and tell everyone that you hunted this beast for 5 weeks before you bagged it? End story. Mic Drop.

2 Likes

Yes, the logic of “it should do what it’s name implies” is clearly bad.

edit because it obviously needs to be spelled out for you, that was sarcasm.

So glad we agree!

1 Like

r/whooosh.

Blizz “Good thinkin uhh… jimmy?, thats a raise worthy suggestion, sadly, we dont have it in the budget, we spent it on a new sylvanas plushies for the office!”

2 Likes

So what you’re saying is that it’ll cost us a raid tier?

1 Like

Is blizz going back on a anti-player base movement again?

3 Likes

blizzard on a out of touch with the playerbase crusade once again

7 Likes

One of the most tone deaf and braindead changes I have ever seen in WoW.

And I’ve seen some bad ones!

6 Likes

“yes but that’ll also increase our redemption arch story for another villain, but this time does alot worse then sylvanas!”

2 Likes

Don’t think you have the ‘own’ you think you got. The system in place of your so called “rares” is flawed with your logic. If they were truly “rare” they wouldn’t respawn in 2 hours they would take much longer. Rare is a term that defines something especially elusive when it comes to their appearance. Rare is something you’d describe when you sight an almost extinct animal. So why do they respawn in the first place if they’re supposed to be “rare”. Why do they not respawn 2 weeks after their last kill to be truely rare?

The system is flawed in its current state and is of no fun to anyone.

3 Likes

Oh…

Oh god.

This is an absolutely baffling change. That’s a lot of despawning rares since most people can’t kill them.

7 Likes

Yeah, I think the entire system is bad, and should be scrapped going forward.

It’s generated nothing but complaints since they stopped propping it up with AP.

I agree “rares” should be scrapped and replaced with “Special Encounters” that spawn more frequently while keeping their daily loot lock outs and drop chances. Good talk.

Most important.

5 Likes

and soloable scaling from 1-500 players

1 Like

Since you are so determined that they are the same thing, any system of named world mobs that are randomly stronger than others without any direct quest reason attached that have bonus loot for no reason is bad.

Some of the rares in Zaralek Cavern are kind of soloable if you can kite a lot and/or self-heal, but the non-rate elites in the Zaqali Caldera aren’t really if you don’t have a way to dispel things like Slag Armor (and if you switch to a healer spec to handle that then you just run into another problem: a lot of those mobs have absorbs that they can just reapply again and again)

The game actually would’ve probably been better if they just deleted the cave, moved all the rewards to the Forbidden Reach, and let that be the patch zone for 10.1

2 Likes