Rip zaralek caverns. rares will despawn now

Quick everyone stop arguing over PvP, nerfing DHs, and buffing Shamans and rage about the spawn timers of rares in ancient faraway places. Also, tell Blizz how much we love Garrisons and that it cannot ever be replaced.

We gotta think reverse psychology duh!

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

2 Likes

We need more!!!
:dracthyr_cry_animated:

3 Likes

So instead of reducing their HP to a reasonable amount that people can solo considering the content is now dead, they go and do this instead. Very typical Blizzard move.

^taken from the first page of comments on the wowhead article. Couldn’t have said it better myself. Blizz once again proving that no, they do not listen to the playerbase. SMH.

12 Likes

Blizzard is trying to make other activities from previous seasons able to have somewhat current gear, so why the need to stymie progress in those zones? That sounds highly counter-intuitive to me.

I don’t get it… at all.

Two steps forward, three steps back.

3 Likes

I’m going to need the whole carton, friend. And a gallon of milk.

9 Likes

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

13 Likes

People are still farming them, because Blizzard is dippy and does not understand how people who are collectors work.

Blizzard should have just lowered the hp, just like they should have lowered the hp on the outdoor black dragon area mobs.

6 Likes

maybe someone on the art team is scared of the monsters beautifully detailed assets being demolished by the mobs dying. they want them to remain in pristine condition forever never to be touched. like a museum to something that was a complete waste of time and energy.

1 Like

So… they want to kill it even more than they already did? Must be a big brain move beyond anyone’s comprehension.

8 Likes

You see, this is why we need to have a Metzen vs Ion Mak’Gora.

6 Likes

So let’s recap this stupid timeline Blizz created, shall we?

1. ZC got released and we were all happily forming raid farm groups to do circuits to kill rares. No issues.
  2. Blizz decides this is “not intended gameplay” and so they started staggering the loot lockouts on the rares depending on which batch of WQ’s were up in different areas of ZC. Result? All the raid groups immediately died out because no one knew what their lockouts were anymore. So you would have raids splintering as they went after different rares thus causing RL’s to start kicking people left and right to save the rares for the original raid group.
  3. Blizz now realising that everyone has started bailing on ZC thus making the rares impossible to kill, quickly hotfix a WQ type group auto-list and search function like with world bosses whenever you get near a ZC rare. This helps a little but the horse has bolted and it does little to stem the mass exodus fleeing ZC.
  4. ZC dies a premature death as everybody stops doing all the world content in it due to the over-complication and completely botched band-aid solutions. So now you have all rares sitting up indefinitely with no way to kill any of them due to their gargantuan amount of HP unless you’re willing to afk kill a rare in tank spec for 5-10min or unless you’re a BM hunter.
  5. Fast forward to now, with ZC well and truly abandoned, Blizz in their infinite wisdom decides they don’t like how all the rares being up 100% of the time (thus blatantly showing for all to see the complete failure of the zone) try to obfuscate their shame by implementing a 15min despawn policy for all the rares as a final “up yours” as punishment to their playerbase because apparently we “played the zone incorrectly”.

…WTF??? :crazy_face:

41 Likes

to my knowledge metzen was only ever an artist/story writer/voice actor for warcraft 1/2/3 on the team and then vice president of the company? i don’t think he ever really got really involved in dev work concerning game mechanics.

1 Like

I want to have faith in this dev team, I really do, but it is bone headed decisions like this that give me great pause.

1 Like

Guess if you had crap luck getting the drake unlocks and gear transmog before the zone went dead you’re really out of luck now, huh?

Terrible change, Blizz. Just make them soloable, what on earth are you thinking?

11 Likes

You are so cute I see the cuteness in both your adorable little face and your lovely great mind

1 Like

Yep. Glad I got my slitherdrake heavy scales a little while back, because good luck with all of that now.

The caverns already died. Just a few short days after their release. This is just spitting on the corpse.

Answer: The loon that implemented this change does not play enough WoW to understand how these changes will be a problem, nor why people will be upset.

8 Likes

10 Likes

^^From the CC topic.

My question to this is: are they really letting one person make these bad changes, or do multiple people have to sign off on them (making this change even dumber)?

5 Likes