Rip zaralek caverns. rares will despawn now

I agree. I’ll remind anyone who cares the first thing I wrote about the change - “I don’t agree with this”

1 Like

Blizzard should add power ups that drop from normal mobs like back in The Timeless Isle. And the power ups should make it easier to solo the rares.

The problem is the dilution of the term “rare”. I guess it depends on how long you’ve been playing wow for. If you played vanilla like me, then you think of actual rares as mobs that required large groups to kill that had multi-day or even week long respawns. Highly unpredictable. Of course rares are not like that anymore. Some “rares” respawn within minutes.

I don’t understand this change.

The goal appears to be to limit player access to these rares? Is it to prevent crest and flightstone farming? Or is it really, unironically, to give the appearance of more activity in these zones?

It’s baffling to me that this change reinforces that “old” content should simply be ignored in favor of the newest zone. It highlights the importance of farming the newest content while it’s current, getting all the possible mounts, pets, drake manuscripts, etc., before it becomes last season’s content and your ability to farm it is nerfed.

While I had made good work of the Forbidden Reach to collect the things I had wanted, I had only more recently started looking for rare groups in Zaralek Caverns. I do not intend to wait, or do world quests I no longer need, in the hopes that the rare I want will spawn to give me a chance at the drop they haven’t dropped a dozen times before. That is not how I intend to play this game.

This is not a fun change and does not respect the player’s time.

3 Likes

Welp they’ll be rare as the name goes

:slight_smile:

You’re right that this change brings Dragonflight rares closer to the design philosophy of the past. Not nearly as rare as vanilla or TBC, but certainly rarer.

But if we’re returning to the old ways, I’d like to see them match it with the loot tables. Rares typically only had a handful of unique, flavorful, pieces of gear; gear to which you could find an equivalent alternative half a dozen other places. In our classic comparison, collectables were typically reserved for arduous rep grinds.

I may have collected fewer scourgestones to max out my loamm niffen rep, but it’s maxed out just the same, and on several characters. I would like to feel rewarded for how much time I’ve put into ZC, not punished for unknowingly farming the wrong things first.

Everytime when I’m starting to get the feeling that they’re somewhat listening and doing good changes… stuff like this happens. Changes like these always look like there’s a saboteur sitting in the dev team who intentionally tries to anger players and ruin content.
I so desperately WANT to play this zone and collect the missing cosmetics. I WANT to invest my time. But the devs obviously work really hard to prevent that from happening. Just nerf HP from rares in Forbidden Reach and Zaralek and then let it be.

3 Likes

TLPD was easily soloable back in WOTLK. Argus, ZM, Tanaan Jungle were all end of expansion areas, not mid-expansion ghost towns that were almost specifically designed to drive people away from them. And even then, they weren’t as annoying and hard to solo as ZC and FR rares.

1 Like

Zaralek and Forbidden Reach are just baffling to me.

Let’s design zones that get heavy use for 3 weeks and then become ghost towns.

This decision is just one more puzzling choice. I’m on a dead faction on a dead server so these things rarely get killed anyway but why not just make them solo able.

7 Likes

This may be the most brain-cell-free decision in WoW history when they could just scale them to their attacker and make them soloable.

6 Likes

The rares in those areas should have their HP brought down to the level of rares in Emerald Dream, not overly buffed and now a timesink to find the ones you’re looking for.

That isn’t fun or engaging content in any facet imaginable.

This goes against all of the philosophy about not wasting the player’s time they were churning out about at Blizzcon. How do decisions like this come to fruition?

Are the rares THAT much of a strain on their servers? Doubtful.

Blizzard made the content in those areas somewhat relevant in season 3 and decided to make visiting those said zones pointless. Congrats on one of the most mind-boggling decisions I’ve seen in my nearly 20 years of playing this game.

I don’t get it. Lunacy.

9 Likes

After breezing through the emerald dream rep I’ve decided to go back and actually finish the niffen rep. My god it’s an irritating zone. It reminds me so much of the maw. Where you do actually have a lot of stuff in the zone to do. But you better have a crew with you. As a very solo player, that sucks. That whole western area should be changed to non-elite mobs. And get rid of that shooting you out of the air nonsense! That’s as bad as the eye of the jailer!

Thankfully just three and a half more levels. Then I will never return.

1 Like

Did you saw the new allied race?
They don’t care about no one’s opinion and they never will.

Might as well remove mons from the majority of zones in the game. I often wonder what problem blizz thinks they are fixing

1 Like

If anything, these rares should be NERFED to be solo friendly.

Come on Microsoft, give them the boot - get it in gear!!!

3 Likes

Ive been able to solo all of them except the green crystal guy that tosses you all over the place (and obviously the world raid one in the middle) on my pally tank, but my mage and evoker get trashed pretty easily.

They will probably all be soloable next xpac, when we’re 80.

Honestly as long as they dont remove the mounts and other rewards ill still go back and clean sweep them. Maybe for the ach points too. Idk.

Because demands and sensationalized buzzwords are not effective feedback.

What is the point of this change?

1 Like

Oh here we go again… this is so damn ‘blizzard’ of them! :woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming:

Lets find something unbroken and break it whilst totally ignoring the ACTUAL broken thing… :woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming:

8 Likes

Whelp, I popped into ZC on a new alt to do barter brick stuff. Kob’rok is up, I still need his pet, I do everything Blizz wants me to do: I ask for help in general chat (high pop server). I start a group. I’m clear the pet lists on the AH for 50k as an incentive for even non-collectors.

Literally nobody is interested. But it’s ok, because limiting the time the rare is up will totally force groups to form, right? This is definitely a much better solution than bringing the rare health pool down so I can kill him by myself?

11 Likes