Rip zaralek caverns. rares will despawn now

Oh that’s why the map was suddenly empty.

2 Likes

doesnt the zone feel so much more active now that those rares are off the map???

no rares = active zone

1 Like

Yeah, a few of them are, but one in particular that IS soloable is incredibly annoying to do so. I won’t forget my many kills of Kapraku anytime soon.

And here i wanted to try them out with my new raid gear…

1 Like

Like I’ve been saying the current devs are awful and don’t play the game. They just buy/sell boosts.

2 Likes

You didn’t miss anything as you still probably wouldn’t have been able to solo them unless you’re a tank or a BM hunter.

Agree to disagree, but it was nice having you here. You can still have some of the old left over cake and punch before you leave but as for the rest of us we’re going to advocate for a freshly baked pie.

2 Likes

Taking one of my tank characters through stuff and I’ll often pull them and announce to general that I’m killing it. People come flying in from all directions just to get a hit.

It’s insane that they would make this bizarre of a change now.

That appears to be Shadowlands.

1 Like

I’m not in game rn, getting ready for bed. But Maw apparently has that achievement while base Shadowlands zones; Maldraxxus, Revendreth, ect do list the achievements for killing unique mobs as “Special Encounters.”

Which is after Legion…

Adventurer of Argus which is Legion has it listed as special encounters, so you were correct anyways. Also yes, Reven, Arden, bastion etc also list them as special encounters.

It also lists a bunch of stuff in Zaralek Cavern as special encounter under “Adventurer of Zaralek cavern” as well as for Emerald dream for that achiev.

2 Likes

Ok, yes I logged in just now despite trying to settle for bed to make this.
Behold the majority of Shadowlands:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1165317130078666823/1176753219129585776/totallycalledrares.png?ex=657003d6&is=655d8ed6&hm=290ba4426672f5c2a0142ce3143f21b671704352da1a0933ba1e19d224b0ed5a&

7 Likes

and Dragonflight too. It seems pretty clear they’re not considered ‘rares’ anymore but Blizzard also can never get on the same page for communication as well as many employees not knowing how most of the things work.

3 Likes

I try not to say things that’ll get me in trouble on the forums because I like having my account in good standing, but what the actual hell Blizzard?!? I came back towards the end of season 2 after a long break and have been working on getting caught up.

I’m still trying to get a couple Drake manuscripts down there, a couple toys, and the damn mount from Karokta, plus the mount from the Forbidden Reach rares and a couple of the pets from the rares there as well. And don’t even get me started on the one that can drop from the damn Dragonscale Expedition bag that costs 2k Elemental Overload. I just now got the last quest from Sniffenseeking, I’m still working on getting the hat from the scam artist that wants Barter Boulders.

I usually hit up the rares when I go down there to do the Dragonriding WQs. Gonna be a lot harder though because camping rares is not “fun and engaging gameplay.” It’s boring as hell and not what any of us want to be doing! I don’t even want to try doing the Emerald Dream stuff on my Druid with how stupidly low the droprates on the cosmetics are and how long the respawn timers on the rares are.

COSMETIC STUFF SHOULD NOT HAVE LOW DROPRATES AND RARES SHOULDN’T HAVE STUPIDLY LONG RESPAWN TIMERS OR REQUIRE GROUPS TO KILL! IF PEOPLE WANT TO LORD IT OVER OTHERS THAT THEY DID CONTENT WHEN IT WAS “HARD” AND “CURRENT” THEY HAVE A FREAKING ACHIEVEMENT AND FEAT OF STRENGTH FOR IT!

8 Likes

Even less incentive to be down there. No one is gonna wait for them to spawn with the long spawn time it takes.

3 Likes

They remove AP, and suddenly every version of rares, or special encounters, or whatever you want to call it is getting massive complaints.

At this point, just scrap the system entirely, and find another way to give people their re-color of the questing set.

1 Like

I’m not opposed to saying kill special mob x amount of times to unlock the special shiny on a vendor. But something does need to be done about the current system in place.

1 Like

I don’t lurk on these forums often, and don’t think i’ve ever posted. But I am really upset about this change. Clearly they don’t respect all players time. Ludicrous

6 Likes

Well there is also the chance to get the dragon cosmetics and I’m concerned if this is how they plan to move forward with future mounts they wanna have this system for. The delve mount I’m hoping is all delves only last thing I wanna do is sit there burning daylight just to gamble.

1 Like