Rip Hunter PVP. Abusable mechanics (Leeway) Is fun blizz

Your entire argument is based on fake facts! The melee range is NOT 12 yards guy! Just because OP said so does not make it so…

The video with the Tauren it was maybe 8 yds, for smaller toons Dwarf, Gnomes its probably in the 6yd range. You can use the Didn’t read over and over it means nothing.

It is you who are using false data to prove a point that doesn’t exist. Leeway is not 12 yards!

If you read my comments I did say, leeway was to much and both leeway and spell batching should be removed. you must have skipped over it !

Why are you posting so much? I hope you have a lvl 60 character cause why the hell would a 36 rogue offer pvp advice when they don’t even play the game.

2 Likes

What does my level have to with it?

You really shouldn’t ever use Cheetah in PvP, its just asking to be dazed and then die. There are TONS of ways for melee classes to deal 1+ points of damage from range.

Your normal speed is faster than wing clip speed, just run at normal speed and enchant your boots with speed boost.

3 Likes

You are genuinely still at 36? What pvp have you experienced so far? Imagine trying to tell people how to pvp based on memories from 15 years ago.

1 Like

Oh wait Sqaubbles, hate coming your way! All the Pro Hunters will say otherwise, what does a 36 Rogue know!

Its the Leeways fault they were dazed!!!

1 Like

You know nothing about me, or what level I have and as such is very speculative. Even so what would my level have to do with my knowledge in pvp?

I have played the game for a long time too!

Very possible he had a 60 in vanilla.

Thing is with leeway is that I can remember when playing a rogue sometimes I’d have to run a bit further than the player in front of me to hit him. Like his avatar would be behind me a bit and I’d be swinging at an invisible hit box.

I don’t know if we can justify it today. Internet connections are far better. Having good internet in 2004 was almost punishment if you tried chasing someone who was lagging with their garbage latency. Leeway had a place then. Now it just seems like an unintended buff for melee heavy classes and of all classes, hunter suffers the most.

I’m not losing sleep over a video game. But the argument of right and wrong is clear, leeway is wrong now.

2 Likes

I second how terrible this system feels in pvp. Also feign death still taking almost a full second to drop combat isn’t fun

1 Like

EXACTLY! The leeway was implemented because with the lag as such, Melee couldn’t hit playes running from them if even they jumped in the air. Thats why all these people run and jump still to this day!

I hate the leeway, but as long as spell batching is in game its necessary! Get rid of them both! Is blizzard going to tunnel our processors and limit graphic packets to mimic horrible cpu and video cards too…

Its dumb! I want to play Classic with todays technology not make believe im back in 2004! lol

All you have to do is strafe left or right while using melee attacks and you magically go from “out of range” to suddenly hitting your target. It may not be 12 yards but it sure as hell looks like it when it’s happening lol

I suppose I like you have watched the video of the Tauren, and it was more like 8 yds, but I am not a tauren im a tiny dwarf my range is not near as far. I remeber Vanilla as a Rogue chasing people that removed my poison and them jumping like idiots in front of me and I could not attack them. Target is out of range over and over.

When you are chasing people you move from side to side trying to catch them turning so you can get that angle. It sucked.

wow look at this pro rogue. Truly he is the greatest player flexing on a thread about a combat bug on the wow forums

1 Like

I don’t think you understand what either of these mechanics actually do.

1 Like

Im not a pro, or flexing.

No like literally strafe any character from side to side while you’re auto attacking and your range is extended beyond what it should be

1 Like

Telling people to “Sounds like you need to learn hot[sic] to Hunter!” is not constructive feedback nor addressing the concerns of OP

Then Spec for a CC and don’t cheetah in combat against a Rogue? If saying this makes me sound like a pro im sorry!

Its common knowledge.

The OP uses Hyperbole to explain Leeway ( its not 12 yards ) then proceeds to make a comedy of awful decisions and then say joking.

Then admits the Hunter in question is a Gold Farming Hunter and didn’t spec for any of the trees cc, didn’t flare or trap or try to FD.

But we are to remove Leeway because of it?

The thread is about the leeway mechanic for extended melee range. Not skills that would actually cause a daze. It takes no extra knowledge, reaction, or thought to use leeway. There have already been several popular videos explaining this mechanic and how it (adversely) effects the meta.

1 Like