RIP Flamelash

Stalagg was well known for being one of, if not the most, imbalanced server for Alliance. We’re to the point now where if I take 10 guildies to PVP in ANY 50+ zone, there are 20 or 30 or more horde there. It’s not just a local issue, isolated to BRM, it is worldwide, being substantially worse in the hotspots like BRM. The horde on our server camp Ironforge in groups of 10-20, (often 3 or 4 groups at a time) because it’s not feasible to farm honor in many other places (lot’s of alliance only raid log now due to the imbalance, and won’t go outside)

Worrying about overall population of the server versus localized numbers isn’t really a fair interpretation anyway, because at this point, there are 5 end game zones where you can accomplish anything from a character progression standpoint (open world I mean), and all of them are unplayable for non-stealthed alliance characters in groups of less than 40.

4 on 6? Sure.
10 on 15? Not so much.
20 on 30? Definitely not.
40 on 60? You’ll get some, but you’re all going to die.
60 on 90? Hahaha

I’d delete every alt I have on the spot if 4 v 6 was all I had to deal with.

https://classic.wowhead.com/item=8846/gromsblood#gathered-from-object

You can find gromsblood in Blasted Lands, Desolace, and Felwood, apparently. All of which are nice and far from Blackrock Mountain.

And Dire Maul has just as good gear as BRD, perhaps better for some classes. You chose to go to a PvP server, and you chose to go into the Mountain. If you really must go to the mountain, then accept that it will take longer because people will be farming you on the servers where you’re explicitly listed as a farmable resource.

So all Alliance are expected to be “hardcore pvpers”, that can win a 4vs6 consistently? Are you saying all Horde are bad or all Alliance are/should be superior at PvP? (2400+ in TBC, just to preclude the ad hominems)

I’d love to fight 4 on 6. But Stalagg is long since worse than 40/60. I duo PVP with my brother and we love 2 on 3 or 2 on 4. But we get that once or twice a week, with the much more likely encounter being 2 on 7 or 2 on 10.

2 Likes

PVP happened on what used to be a PVP server.

5 Likes

So basically we had an experiment and this proves that the horde are indeed the best and strongest faction. (Yawn)

Stay Ez alliance.

Hate to break it to ya, but that’s what you signed up for. Any character progression in PvE is a luxury on a PvP server, where the endgame is in killing the other faction. Which is why I’m on a PvE server.

2 Likes

You’re adorable. I’m really liking the Desolace suggestion too… do you even play this game?

Dire Maul doesn’t have HoJ or raid attunements. Again… super adorable, especially since you still think BRM is the only place these servers have issues.

1 Like

You mean full of the people that wanted every advantage possible, including best racials and at least 1.5 to 1, if not 4 to 1 numbers advantage in every fight? Yup, we absolutely proved that.

you have the option to reroll pve at any time. pvp servers are not fair. maybe eventually (i hope) they’ll offer transfers to pve servers for you guys. the way it stands though the only thing you can do to improve your situation is to reroll.

What use are raid attunements if you can’t get into the raid? HoJ is nice, but there are other items that are almost as good. Plenty of places to go and things to do that don’t involve diving head first into a woodchipper.

Or you can always just reroll, and enjoy the far more civilized life on PvE servers.

I’m well aware, and it’s ok. For me the epic moments usually make up for the frustrations of being horribly outnumbered. If they don’t for that particular day, I log off and do something else.

It’s just funny to see one side claim there’s no issue, or that the alliance somehow brought this upon themselves, when there are just far more people playing “easy mode” pvp when their side controls the entire relevant world.

Your comment made me chuckle.

somehow us saying “reroll to the server type you actually want” is trolling. some of us had the sense to roll pve to start with. the grass really is greener though on pve servers. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That’s because on PvP servers it is painted red with the blood of the ganked. I hear that on Herod they want to remake the Path of Glory using the bones of Alliance to go from Thorium Point to BRD.

2 Likes

You gonna send me a Pristine Hide of the Beast and all the Skins of Shadow and Abom Stitchings I need when I get there? You sending my guild over too with their Bindings and gear? We’ve been pretty lucky to get as many Mageblades as we have, those coming too?

You’re right! I should be thankful I can slaughter Defias in Westfall!

Thanks

No I don’t think you’re trolling Dekkar, that’s an absolutely valid suggestion. I won’t do it because of the time I have invested on my main and primary alt, instead I’ll just deal with what we have going on. Honestly, I managed to have a day to level in Un’goro on my druid the other day, and was able to limit my pvp involvement to 1 on 1 fights with even level folks, and it was fantastic. Most fun I’ve had in days. Probably not something that I could have had on a PvE server, but that’s ok. You take the good with the bad.

1 Like

people weren’t expecting this. it’s the server caps though. in vanilla a 3v4 fight is now a 3v40 fight in classic. there are less alliance wpvping and more horde camping flight paths. most people were alliance in actual vanilla.

6 Likes

Please continue to spread this message…you nailed it.

1 Like