RIP Flamelash

pve servers are the best of all worlds. but there’s a forum full of people calling us carebears. i have yet to be camped, so i don’t care what some rando thinks of my choice. lol

16 Likes

Yes 50% more of 1. Which equates to 1/2 a horde extra. Which is why its misleading. It basically means for every alliance you have 1/2 an extra horde.

When the general public see numbers likr 50% they equate that to having 50% more horde when in actuality its more like having half an extra horde for every alliance.

Sorry, it’s one of the worst.

https://ironforge.pro/servers/?region=us&filter=true

65/35 Horde now and the gap widens each day. Sorry, but the writing is on the wall.

My main toons are on pve servers. Who cares what you get called. If all they can do is calm you names. They clearly need to grow up.

Plus half of them come onto the forums and call people on pve servers carebeates to do with anything pvp because they tend to get rocked and need something to blame

And yes ive called people carebears but its never had anything to do with pvp and everything to do with them being children.

3 Likes

1:1.5 doesn’t sound too bad.

How about 10:15? Possibly still doable.

100:150? Well… that’s looking bleak
1000:1500? Oof.

Thing about precentages is they mean alot more the higher the base is. And with the servers caps being upped significantly from what they were in vanilla? that precentage is -very- important.

3 Likes

there will never be perfect balance. the only way to do that is to perma delete like half of the horde toons that exist on pvp servers right now. i’m sure that would go over well. lol

my server is the same, ghost town, can never play or do dungeons cause its just nothing going on lfg

The thing is. You cant inflate percentages or numbers to fit your data. Thats straight up misleading people.

Yes 1000/1500 is a lot highet than 1/1.5 however the numbers would also have to be a lot different than from what you are using.

It isn’t misleading at all, people just don’t grasp what such a huge gap means. 60/40 means for every 3 Horde, you have 2 Alliance. A 3v2 is a very doable scenario, but we don’t scale with our opponents.

When my 40 man raid rolls into BRM and 60+ Horde await us, no amount of Healing is going to save me from that much AoE, sappers, or single target focus fire. We have finite health and resources, which means it is simply a matter of hitting a critical mass of people to ensure the first one to fire wins.

For Fairbanks, that’s Horde.

1 Like

1.5 to 1 is not unbalanced in the scope of things. In fact, many PvP guilds would prefer to be on the minority side as they have a huge amount of targets.

Problem is, looking at the total sever split is meaningless if many of the players for a certain Alliance…um…I mean faction… that don’t know how or want to PvP.

Of course you can inflate (your word, not mine…the correct term would be scale) the numbers, you have to…you do understand that right?

When someone says the server is 60/40 Horde, that doesn’t mean there are only 100 people online…maybe you understand that, maybe you don’t…hard to tell around here.

So when you consider the actual population, you have to use the same ratio to scale up, no? I await your math Kung-fu…

I’m not inflating numbers, I’m just pointing it out. How it scales.

The servers are significantly larger than they were back in the day, and these 1500:1000 sort of numbers aren’t out of the ordinary for the current classic servers.

Whats worse is some servers are in even -worse- shape. :confused:

3 Likes

Thats not what it means at all. It means you have .5 an extra horde than alliance. Not 1 entire toon. In order for it to be 2v1 you would need 100% more not 50%

This has already been established.

Try reading his post one more time.

2 Likes

1.5 : 1
15 : 10
150 : 100
1500 : 1000

It’s all the same amount, 50% more, but we’re judging servers, not chance encounters in less populated areas.

So the scaling upwards is appropriate.

2 Likes

You cant scale like that though even if the server numbers become higher of the split still remains the same its still 1.5

I have to ask before we continue in your example are those supposed to indicate %, or players?

I said 3 Horde per 2 Alliance.

Do you not understand how ratios work?

60:40 is divisible by 20, yielding 3:2.

1 Like

the 60/40 split is a percentage of the server.

60% horde, 40% alliance.

1 Like

Your math is wrong either way.

40/60: doesnt = 3v2. Inorder for it to be when it comes to population.