RIP Flamelash

Nah it’s not.

Here, have a cookie. You seem like you need one. :cookie:

1 Like

60:40 can be represented as two different percentages.

Alliance says “They have 50% more players than we do”
Horde says “they only have a 33% deficit to us”
An idiot says “There’s only a 20% difference”

13 Likes

Clicking that link leads to guaranteed comedy. Thank you so much

We were both wrong with the percentages its 66.66666667

I thought i had multiplied by 100 in the original equation must of only done it by 10

40/60=.6666666667 ×100 = 66.666666667

Okay, that’s another way you can equate it, and makes alot more sens than 6%.

But the original 50% difference still isn’t wrong.

60/40 is still a 50% difference, between the two. Because to match it evenly back to 50/50, you’d have to increase the approx. Population of the lower end by about 50% and leave the higher end completely still. with zero changes.

Both iterations are accurate.

3 Likes

No the Horde followed them to Earthshaker they are still doomed.

Oh, the irony!

That 50% and 66% is a little misguided also it doesnt equate to 2 for ever 1.

In order for their to to be 2 for ever 1 the split would have to be closer to 33/66. You would need 100% more horde than alliance. In actuallt its more like 1.5 horde per alliance.

2 Likes

That would be by far the most amazing oki-doke ever if ALL of the alliance that move from Flamelash doubled back while all of the Horde that went got stuck.

1 Like

Trying to use mathematics to convince people who have trouble doing arithmetic isn’t going to go well. The most likely outcome is both sides will be frustrated.

2 Likes

Stalagg might be one sided but the Alliance we have are tough as nails. I think 3 hardcore guilds hold down the faction from disappearing.

Preach the gospel brother!

1 Like

I don’t believe that the rules, EULA, etc. are the same for US and EU realms.

Which is what 50% is… it’s 1.5

Yeah, I made a mistake earlier basically call it 2:1, that was my bad but 1.5 is still 50% more.

1 Like

i just read that thread and need some eye bleach. dear lord you can say whatever you want on that site. XD

“What is best in life?”

“To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!”

“Good! That is good!”

2 Likes

Blizz should just open up xfers and let the populations solve themselves. Horde will get farmed off Alliance dominated servers and vice versa. No point bothering with faction balance once Cross Realms are released in a few days since you can PvP from a PvE server.

1 Like

i’m enjoying ateish. how is mankrik? you’re on mankrik, right?

1 Like

Indeed I am. Mankrik is going strong, and as far as the PvP scene, TM vs SS has been pretty much continuous since P2 dropped. Honestly, if we could just push BGs back until, say, Valentine’s Day, that’d be great. Give me time for a few more guild runs through MC and Ony.

2 Likes

Nope, Phase 2 hits in 4 days. :woman_shrugging:

or at least BGs do. haha