Right Click Reporting is out of the beta. No official word yet

Pretty sure he’ll just beat the crap out of anyone who questions him.

My point is that “gypsy” is not universally offensive to the Romani people, not even remotely.

All I’m suggesting and all I have ever suggested is that account bans need to be done deliberately and not reactively. That’s it.

3 Likes

You’re right.

This is WoW and the rule is don’t report people having fun. Literally there really isn’t anything said in game worth reporting. If it offends you then just be thankful you now have something you need to work on.

Anonymity gives so much machismo

4 Likes

This is one of the things we want to do away with, and get our community back. If some knucklehead is spouting off racist gibberish in chat, people will ignore him (even if they don’t report). The more he’s ignored, the less people will see him when he’s begging for groups. The problem solves itself.

4 Likes

I’d rather deal with the bots and gold sellers than having to prevent myself from writing because someone will get offended over a joke.

Some jokes might be borderline but some people are way too easily offended as well. And it has been shown that you can abuse this system and in Classic, it is especially harmful as communication is needed for almost every aspect of the game.
The cons outweight the pros in this case and I really hope this right click report system will not make it to the game

4 Likes

That’s only a small part of the reason it shouldn’t exist. It gets abused where people can mass report 1 person to get them suspended or banned. This would be used the most with people competing for raid progression.

Frankly, I don’t think reporting should exist in any game, not for language anyway. I know how annoying idiots can be, but that’s why there’s an ignore feature. Dunno why devs put them in games if they’re not gonna have people use it. I however have this strange feeling that there’s instead gonna be an algorithm that monitors in game chat and reports it, lets hope they don’t still have AI handing out the punishments for those reports too.

Ignore seemed to work just fine though…

I don’t recall right click to report ever being up. I could be wrong though - when I checked I don’t remember if I was on the stress test or the beta.

All this speculation of it not being there is ultimately meaningless IMHO - having report systems not hooked up is fairly regular occurrence for Betas and/or PTRs IIRC. I remember having to poll my blue contacts on how people report people for many a beta …

6 Likes

Looks like we made a difference. Just hope its a permanent situation.

Now all we need to fix are the 1 zillion new bugs and reduce the time to “loot trade” down to 5 min max.

That eliminates a lot of sore issues.

Although I could really go for pre 1.3 dungeons, 1.5 to 1.7 AV, and pre-1.11 tanking.

That would make my day.

1 Like

the most you can do that way without a GM intervention is the squelch, all other penalties are handled by a GM, you cannot suspend or ban just by mass reporting.

it’d be cool for these to be in effect until the appropriate(approximately) phase.

had to do it

1 Like

This.

Especially since they like to move so fast you can’t get their names to open a ticket.

JUST LIKE THE OLD UNDERGROUND MINING BOTS. Yay! /s

Google “green blackboards penny arcade”.

Alright boys let the trump jokes begin!!!

this may have been changed due to them changing some UI functions

1 Like

It’s very unlikely for that to have anything to do with it.

First off that’s restricting addons from calling report functions , mostly as a response to a flood of false positives from BadBoy.

Secondly that’s for 8.2 which is at a different build number then Classic and a completely different code base.

Lastly that’s for Live - is Right click to report disabled on Live ? That thread is about UI changes in 8.2 so logically if it was connected then RWR would be also disabled on Live.

1 Like

I can manually report nearly as fast, and I will.

Cuz words hurt your feelingz :cry:?

Cause I prefer folks following the rules. IDC, what you think that means.