Right Click Report is a Bad Idea

Give me an email. I will forward you the actual system email upholding the “wtf” ban.

What is an RBG?

rated battle ground

no this is classic

Blizzard has no jurisdiction there. You were probably violating reddit terms which you were also ignorant to.

1 Like

? was that in response to me?

So here is the point you are missing.

I wouldnt report that because i do not find it abusive.

But what happens is in competitive matches, tempers and emotions run high and people act foolishly. When there is a simple right click report feature, it gets abused as an emotionally satisfactory vindication if you lose.

So, in the normal course of play your behavior wont get you banned, but when you stepped into ranked, it would because it was being abused that way.

Do you understand the point I am making?

The report system needs to take some effort to use in order to weed out the abusive reports. People wont type a paragraph to get back at you as quickly as they will right click.

1 Like

Useless fear mongering.

Until we know numbers saying anything of the above is useless.

I sincerely doubt 5-10 people reporting you is going to result in action.

Nor would Blizzard find it abusive. They would disregard your report because I’m not in violation of any terms.

See how that works?

Again, that wasnt the point.

The point is people keep saying “I never see the innocent claims” and I am explaining that because they get deleted on both reddit and hots.

My guess is you never have played HotS ranked, because I can tell by your behavior you have a little toxic flare and while not really that big of a deal, how you are behaving now by trying to find ways to call me ignorant (while missing the point yourself), would have gotten you banned quickly.

Kind of ironic I think.

Ok. Read this slowly.

It actually does violate ToS. The ToS is vague and states that “any abusive” behavior. They could find that abusive.

The entire point you seem to not be able to grasp is that the system in hots was for it to be automatic, and when reviewed, it was ALWAYS upheld because they could cite the vague ToS.

If you called people ignorant in HotS ranked, you would get banned. You just would.

You realize we’re discussing WoW, right? HotS is not the game in question.

1 Like

you jumped into the middle of a conversation I was having with someone else about my experience with the system in HOTS. in fact I stated I havent played WoW since the auto report system was put in.

So…you are jumping into my conversation about HOTS with someone else…

Ok. So you have no personal experience with the subject of the thread. Why are you even here?

Actually, experience with the system in HotS is relevant because they are ran by the same company, Blizzard.

If you do not care about my experience in HotS, why did you jump into the middle of a conversation that wasnt even addressed to you when you knew it was hots to begin with?

I mean, is there someone forcing you to engage in a conversation not directed at you?

I’m confused at what you’re trying to accomplish here. Are you trying to drum up support for the removal of Blizzard’s rules? What is your goal? To whinge about Blizzard enforcing their ToS? Or are you trying to convince Blizzard to remove their rule enforcement systems because you don’t trust them and think they came up with vague reasons to ban you?

1 Like

You haven’t played since TBC? How are you level 100 then?

1 Like

Different games get different systems for handling issues…
HotS =/= WoW

So punishments in HotS mean nothing to a discussion about WoW punishments.

Discussing a Ban is a Bannable offense so they were right to remove those threads.

Calling someone Ignorant is not abusive, because ignorant is not an insult.
Calling someone an idiot is abusive because that is typically an insult.

The reason the ToS have to be vague is because language is flexible and if you do not put vague language on it, then you are possibly leaving a loophole that a creative wordsmith could take advantage of by completely attacking someone with language that does not violate the ToS.

Something changed in how Blizzard handled reports about a year or two ago.

They introduced a new Silence Penalty system in the Legion pre-patch. Before then, if you were squelched and they reviewed the reports and determined the squelch was justified, they would often hand you a ban. Now, they apply a silence that doubles in duration every time a GM applies it.