Right Click Report is a Bad Idea

Sorry, but a single report does not cause a squelch. Also if it happened “often” in WoW (which it has been in effect for quite a long time), then why are the only ones in the CS forum shown to be legitimately deserved?

I sincerely doubt that you were getting actioned for that and there is a lot more to the story.

Oh, your problem is with Blizzard GM’s enforcing the rules then.

1 Like

K. So not in WoW. Got it. :+1:

2 Likes

What they do is sneaky. The ones complaining that are actually deserved, they refute with a CM.

The ones that are actually undeserved they delete the thread and then ban the poster for TOS abuse. You cant post about actions according the TOS.

In fact I will probably be banned from this forum for even typing this.

I actually posted that occasion on HOTS forums and a CM deleted the thread and then banned me from forums for a week.

As for what it takes on WoW to get banned, I dont know. I havent played it since WOD where they werent stupid and had an auto system in place.

You may want to believe that so you can keep confirmation bias, but I put that on the HOTS forums when it happened like I said and a CM did not refute it. Just deleted and banned me.

I still have that action note in my msgs if you want me to forward it to you in an email where the only thing they noted for my ban was saying “wtf”. In fact in that game, they were actually abusing me harshly because they did not agree with something and were telling each other in the match to all report me.

This sounds made up. What sorts of “less incentive” are there in retail? I would also argue that the risk of getting banned and losing access to Classic characters, which require far more commitment to level, gear, and buy mounts and such would give people “less incentive” to fake these things over small events.

Sounds like you actually did things that could be considered worthy of a timeout/silence/ban.

1 Like

I actually had to laugh at this a bit. Dude is outright admitting he violated terms and then claims that it’s an issue that action was taken against him.

:rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

If you think complaining about someone going afk in a ranked match deserves a ban then what can I say lol?

Lol ok buddy.

People post about this sort of stuff on other forums like Reddit and it’s never found that they are being truthful.

Again, if this stuff can happen to random nobodies like you or me, it WOULD happen to pretty much any streamer with over 50 viewers all the time, and we would hear about it on here and on reddit and through other sources all the time.

1 Like

“choice words”

“wtf”

Do I need to explain why your example (outside of the fact you’re not even talking about WoW) doesn’t validate the fear mongering as it relates to this discussion?

You used language that is punishable under the ToS - that’s an example of a correctly functioning system. Thanks for your input.

1 Like

It actually happened to streamers in HOTS.

Grubby had it happen to him and the only reason it got reversed was because he was a streamer and it was bad publicity.

Of course people said “well he is a streamer of course people will abuse it against him”.

What can you say when people want to believe what they want to believe?

All I know is that I personally experienced how broken the HOTS system was. Not only were people abusing it as a form of toxicity, they never reset measures.

So if I took a break for 6 months and came back, I am still on course for a perma ban the next time it happens. Doesnt even matter if its a year, if you had 2 silences and get a 3rd a year later, you are perma banned.

Broken and the only motivation to have such a terrible system I can think of is to force people to buy new accounts in what was a financially failing game.

3 Likes

you do realize that according to the TOS you can be banned for saying “wtf” right?

In fact the TOS is written so vaguely, they can literally support any ban they want according to it. It literally states if you say something that anyone finds objectionable, i.e. if anyone has a problem with what you say, its grounds for ban.

People were banned for saying “please get out of mid lane and help with the objective” as the CMs said that was toxic for telling someone how to play.

I mean if this is Candy Land online, sure. But again most of us are 20-40 here.

1 Like

Most of the complainers are those who believe they can run their mouths with impunity and tell people to get a thick skin.

2 Likes

This is almost certainly a lie. Please provide proof. I would be willing to bet my house that nobody was banned just for that, they certainly throw in toxic trash talk half the time as well.

I’ve played HOTS before and the number of players just slinging insults constantly leads me to believe that if they are still active, the people who never do so aren’t really in danger of getting permabanned.

1 Like

People did.

If you were active on the forums you would see the threads and then they get deleted and the poster a forum ban for talking ToS.

I had that happen when I posted about my “wtf” ban. In that match the other 4 were already being toxic and saying the were reporting me afk because I sat in a lane farming for a few seconds while someone was respawning.

The only reportable thing I did (and I was careful in that amtch because I knew a report was going to be abusively sent out) in that match was type “wtf” when the Leoric dove 1v5 and died. So after those 4 abused the system and reported me, the auto msg cited the “wtf” as the grounds.

And I appealed and it was upheld. That was my 2nd silence in a year and I knew my 3rd was going into game bans so I quit.

If you are ok with a game banning you for saying “wtf” then we will never agree anyway so there is little point in discussion. No one was offended by the “wtf”, they were in fact abusing the system as a stronger form of toxicity and that happened all of the time.

When the report system takes effort to use, the reports are more accurate and valid. When its a simple right click, it will be abused as a quick form of emotional gratification by emotionally challenged individuals aka toxic people.

That should be obvious

1 Like

Publicly discussing actions taken against your account is a direct violation of the ToS.

But if you’re ignorant as to why action was taken against your account for cursing at someone then I wouldn’t expect you to be aware of that.

You should probably just stop and take a moment to actually read through the ToS. And it doesn’t matter if you like their rules or agree with them. If you violate them that’s on you.

Hey, I could report you for using the word “ignorant” and it would be upheld. That could be viewed as abusive.

And how could I be ignorant of it being against ToS when I literally stated it was against ToS? lol

My point was in response to someone saying they never saw valid complaints. Thats why. They were deleted from not only HotS forum, but they started removing them from Reddit because they asked the mods to.

I posted mine on reddit and it was removed.

Valid complaints were removed consistently.

1 Like

Go ahead. Let’s see what happens. :sunglasses: