Right click report function being blatantly abused

just like more than 1% of the people who repeatedly safespotted in gadgetzan, everlook, and light’s hope chapel got punished?
oh wait, they didn’t

1 Like

People already get punished when they abuse the system.

There’s stream footage of it. Asmongold once got everyone to report someone to test it out; the person mass reported was squelched. A GM investigated it, undid the squelch, and silenced Asmongold for instigating it.

I don’t know what else you want. In the rare case where someone is falsely squelched by mass reports, GMs look into it; almost always, the squelch is removed and the people who abused the system get punished.

Most of the time, though, the person who got mass reported deserved it.

If they deserved it, I have no problems with it. But the punishment for abuse does not seem high enough to be a deterrent.

1 Like

It’s not like Blizz broadcasts that they banned Person X, Y and Z. Seeing, as that’s more of a problem on a PvP Server than a PvE one…

Speaking to a GM, he’s trying to justify why I shouldn’t run to Blizzard after I get falsely banned with proof of the ban system being abused against me. Compared to the GM that wasn’t ignorant yesterday, absolutely hilarious. And the people that’re falsely reporting me, are mad their best DPS’s left the guild after an insane amount of sexual harassment + racism.

Unbelievably questionable, he took me calling the guild “bad” as a reason for them to want to mass report me. He legitimately tried to justify an entire guild mass reporting. I emailed the transcript too LMAO.

I got unbanned again, but that was an actual disgusting thing to say especially when they’re sexually harassing someone etc. And the only thing I even said was how bad they are, and yeah they are absolutely terrible at the game. You’re allowed to say that, and it doesn’t make mass reporting right.

"Ankunine at 16:17, Apr 9:

I’m not saying it’s against the TOS. I’m telling your going to pick fights with an entire guild, they do not have to take that form you either. You both need to stop interacting with eachother."

Absolute worst GM I have ever encountered in the 6 years that I’ve played this game and he absolutely needs to be fired ASAP. He tried to justify it in other things too, and literally told me to “Don’t come running to us when you pick fights.” LMFAO, I HAVE TO? I GOT BANNED FOR 2 MONTHS.

1 Like

No you can squelch anyone with mass reports. No strikes needed.

It’s how we kick lotus campers. Mass report them in game till they DC. Easy.

Yep, its really kringey that you can even do that. Does it make you a scumbag? Yes. Is it your fault that you can abuse it? No.

Now let’s compare that to right click report:

Oh hey, virtually no complaints about it since Classic released because it’s not a huge issue. Like I said, spell batching affects every single player in the game in a negative way.

Every single time you go to sell things to a vendor, accept quests; fight mobs, interrupt; try to Vanish and get taken out by auto attacks, Elemental Mastery combos with double crits; every single one of these complaints you see, that all ties back in to spell batching.

Well, here is a post from a player claiming the system is being abused. As always a Blue steps in and shows that is not the case. Vrakthis does explain the squelch system though

We don’t need to see a blue post, a GM literally admitted to me that there’s literal evidence of it being abused. And the players are STILL playing the game, this should honestly just be a perma ban for the people doing it.

Yeah, of course they did.

:roll_eyes:

You are wrong. People are getting suspended from mass report system.

No they aren’t.

Yes, they are. It just happened to my guild master.

It also happened to people doing the scarab event. It is all over the Internet. Blizzard even apologized and took action on the people who falsely reported. Do your research.

lol

Read carefully.