Rich Thorium Veins only dropping 2 thorium

It’s supposed to be 3 or 4…

13 Likes

What makes you think some troll didn’t tap it already?

People pull everything but the 1 crappiest item out of chests all the time…

3 Likes

This man does have a point hahaha Not to mention the person mining may have been attacked or died/ran/walked away and said F it because they got a skill point? who knows, test it more on freshly spawned nodes and see if you find a real pattern. If you find a pattern, at least post which zone you found this problem in even if it’s multiple zones (list them.)

All rich thorium veins that I have come across so far in Eastern/Western Plagueland, Un’Goro Crater, Burning Steppes and Silithus. I’d like to hear if anyone has been able to get more than 2 out of a node, rather than come up with reasons why I should only get 2. So far I have not gotten more than two out of any rich thorium node.

Just got 3 out of one in Winterspring.

3 Likes

I noticed this to and was about to make a post about it last night but didn’t, i mined all the time in vanilla and TBC and rich thorium was definitely 3 to 4 taps. Also, small thorium mines sometimes only have a single tap and i recall that those were always two taps to three taps.

I agree rich thorium seems bugged

Also, I’ve gotten 1 arcane crystal in my entire time in the game with probably north of 50 rich veins mined.

Spawn rate is way off too. I spent 3 hours in Ungoro and only found 2 nodes each with one hit. I even made sure to change directions and what not to make sure that I was not being out lapped.

same stuff for me, getting 2 hit rich thoriums and in most cases small thoriums only give me one hit (not a case of someone tapping once and leaving either, i waited for a few to respawn in front of me)
i got a 3 hit rich thorium a grand total of once, never gotten a 4

1 Like

Freshly spawned rich thorium contains 2-4 hits. It should be 3-5

Where are you getting 4? I’ve never gotten more than 3, and that was out of a single node in Winterspring. The rest of all the thorium I’ve ever farmed was 2.

1 Like

From the old version of the wiki, small thorium is supposed to be 1-3 taps. Rich Thorium is supposed to be 3-5. I’ve never gotten the 3 or 5. I just did a rich thorium that I personally watched spawn and it only had two taps. This is bugged and needs to be fixed, because it’s ridiculous. Two hours of mining and didn’t even get 20, and I was the only one in the zone. This is not classic like.

2 Likes

Most rich thorium I find are 3-4. 2 taps happen, but not often.

Its a rich vein because it can contain an arcane crystal, nothing to do with the amount of taps or ore it can hold.

I swear I got a 4 tap last night and I was so unironically excited. Almost as rare as an arcane crystal.

1 Like

I’ve gotten 3 arcanes from one rich

1 Like

Blizzard investigate this orc for hacks.

I got 4 from a rich thorium in the infected scar in eastern plague yesterday. It was the first time ever and I’ve farmed hundreds of nodes.

I’ve had mostly 2s and a few 4’s. They messed up the spawn rates and output or they are compensating for people jumping layers or some bs.

1 Like

Completely wrong.
Arcane crystals drop in Small and Rich veins.
The percentage chance per hit is the same, even.
The only difference is the number of hits.
Small 2-3 hits. No more, no less. Avg: 2.5 hits.
Rich 4-6 hits. No more, no less. Avg 5 hits.

At least this is what they SHOULD have.

Small Vein: https://classic.wowhead.com/object=324/small-thorium-vein

[Thorium Ore]
1-3 [Dense Stone]
[Black Vitriol]
[Star Ruby]
[Blue Sapphire]
[Huge Emerald]
[Large Opal]
[Azerothian Diamond]

Rich Vein: https://classic.wowhead.com/object=175404/rich-thorium-vein

[Thorium Ore]
1-3 [Dense Stone]
[Arcane Crystal]
[Star Ruby]
[Blue Sapphire]
[Huge Emerald]
[Large Opal]

'https://classic.wowhead.com/item=12363/arcane-crystal'

Found it.

As of 2.0.1 these can now be mined from Small Thorium Veins, but at a much lesser rate then Rich Thorium Veins.

1 Like