RFD is needed

especially with the upcoming grind for ulduar 10m HM gear people will want to get from the vendor

I disagree. I think somebody should test whether they can post on a new starter account in EU instead of just arguing about it.

Level my warlock to 80 during JJ, with 4.2K gs I cant do any H+ because 99% of group wants 4.6K-4.7K gs + for H+.

So this is the “social for classic”, no wonder why ppl quit.

RDF wouldnt fix that. Its not like H+ would be an RDF option.

Also, if everyone that posts on forums or social media how they are gatekept everywhere just formed together, then they could run all the groups they want. How is everyone gatekept trying to join a group? You’d think you guys would spot each other in the LFG tool and just make your own group.

You would, however, have a genuine avenue for getting badges.

You know, the thing we actually do heroics for anyway.

2 Likes

normal heroics don’t drop badges? Or is it heroism? I guess it works to a certain extend but you wont get far with heroism gear.

They do, but no one runs them, so what’s the point of them dropping there.

They drop the same tokens H+ does outside of the bag.

2 Likes

I haven’t really played on my 80’s since November and I’ve only recently been playing on an alt with a friend. I remember hearing how that bag used to only drop for one person in the group, did they change it so everyone gets a bag now?

I brought this up back in tbc. A lot of ppl quit playing because finding a group just wasnt fun and the amount of time they spent setting around in a major city was a waste of game time. Back then we were given the same response every time and it was the ONLY response by anyone that replied. It was “WAIT UNTIL WOTLK”.

So that is your answer. Wait until wotlk. They will be releasing a classic version of wotlk supposedly and u have to wait.

1 Like

Thankfully yeah, that was relatively short lived. I’m almost tempted to think they made a genuine mistake there.

If that had stayed no one would’ve run H+ :stuck_out_tongue:

Vanilla comes out. Everyone’s happy, relive nostalgia. Nobody asks for RDF because it’s vanilla and it’s popping off.

TBC, things are still fine but population starts to taper off as people are geared and raid logging, alts are still possible but definetly on the annoying side, summoning stones implemented so that’s nice, but people still don’t really wanna run to the dungeon. People ask for RDF “Wait for wrath!”

Come wrath, and now the same people asking for RDF are being told to go to retail or something. Either that, or wait for ICC. The goalposts keep moving and it’s actually annoying. Yes, ICC patch gave us RDF, but let’s not pretend we don’t have a lot of things that weren’t added in later, dual spec being one that was early, and queueing for BG’s anywhere, and not to mention the token.

7 Likes

Blessing and a curse, seems like that change is what killed normal heroics honestly. Before, you had a reason to not bother with H+ or do it if your group/premade felt like it.

But now it’s objectively worse in every way. Except for maybe time spent.

I suppose that’s one way to look at it, hadn’t really considered it that way.

Overall I think H+ is probably the worst thing they’ve done in classic so far.

I haven’t done it so I can’t really comment on it, but what I can comment is from seeing the forums, people only want people who outgear it, since it rewards Naxx10 gear, people are asking for people in full Naxx25 or Ulduar at this point and it’s like… I knew from the start that it’d be content with a confused playerbase.

Is it catch up? Rewards feels like it, but it’s harder than Naxx, with worse gear than Naxx. So, is it just harder dungeons? Then it’s just abyss crystal farms for people in BiS, not accepting the people who could actually make use of the gear.

Yeah but when they release the real clasuc wrath, the one that is the same version if wotlk AS IT WAS THEN, the one we asked for, it will be based on the final patch. Not the content, like raids, but all of the features that were added in the final patch will be in at launch.

Man, I miss Blood DK dps. I loved it until ICC patch came and basically made it tank only.

I wasn’t the best player in the world back in like 2009 but I certainly could tell they absolutely decimated the spec.

Rerolled Frost and quite enjoyed it a lot for Cataclysm.

I wish it was even this, but since enchanting isn’t a meta profession most of it just gets vendored even.

Blood dps is perfectly viable still, so if that’s your jam do it :stuck_out_tongue:

I dont agree. Ppl ran heroic plus from the start without even knowing any would drop at all. They would have continued to rum them if only one bag dropped. Having a bag drop for every person was a mistake imo. This entire remake has been like this. They have been cramming gear down our throats from the beginning. On one hand, its just a redo and ppl just want an easy, no stress, casual experience. They got that. Unfortunately, everyone is stacked. They get stacked very early into each phase, and nothing really feels exciting.

Even the heroic 10 man gear from ulduar. Our guild was deciding to do a hardmode boss or not this week. 2 ppl needed the hardmode drop, but they agreed it wasnt worth the additional time and effort since in a few weeks we will be able to run heroics and get those drops from a vendor.

Like I said…who cares?

A number of posters in this thread were curious enough to comment on the claim that a free starter account can post in this forum if they have a paid account in EU.