Revive Pet Cannot be a 6 second cast in PvP

Currently in shadowlands hunters revive pet has a 6 second cast time (I think lock has had theirs increased to 6 sec, not sure about frost mage). This cannot stay in pvp, it will be actually impossible to ever get a res on your pet. BM and survival will become unplayable in arena, with mm being the only one able to function.

If they want to nerf pet summoning (I dont know why its already really hard to get pets back as a hunter) make it 4 seconds or 3 seconds. This is the biggest change we need to hunter right now on alpha.

67 Likes

6 second pet revive is just plain stupid unless pets are ridiculously tanky in SL

39 Likes

I guess they want healers to go back to actually healing pets.
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

same thing for warlock

2 Likes

Is it now faster to dismiss and summon a different pet?

1 Like

Even if it was, you aren’t able to dismiss pets in arenas because it used to get abused

3 Likes

Going to have to work with your pet more. Higher skill cap, me gusta.

5 Likes

6s can remain, its good. The pet shouldn’t be ignored / neglected.

That being said, to that, I would hope they tweak the numbers on pets to have them slightly tankier.

5 Likes

Even if it was 3-4 secs, that would be heaven next to 5! Why is it this high for something so important and key to both Warlocks and Hunters.

1 Like

You’re in every thread posting the most inane crap about skill caps. Get over it. You aren’t a special breed of player because you play classic. Classic is actually easier in a lot of regards and a lot of the so-called skill caps of classic have such little impact that they hardly matter.

Let’s discuss the skill cap of Revive Pet here. How do you prevent your pet from dying? Answer: chuck Mend Pet on it and hope their damage is not enough. That’s about it. You can perhaps use Master’s Call to buy some time, as well as Kill, Command on a far away target, but the fact is if an enemy is focused on your pet it’s only a matter of (very short) time before your pet is dead and you’re stuck with a 6-second revive you have no chance of pulling off in any competitive PvP setting.

This is literally worse than your beloved Classic as there you can talent your Revive Pet to being 4 seconds.

45 Likes

The only way this works for Hunters or Warlocks is if the pets are tankier and our pet heals are stronger than live. Melee can burn a pet down even with your heal on it specially Fel guards.

And as it is I’m reading pets die easier on Alpha.

11 Likes

I play pservers not much classic tbh. I believe vanilla pvp has a higher skill cap due to items and game knowledge and a lot of class nuance. To answer your question proper pet macros and awareness will be a lot more necessary. Not just the mindless KC spam. Hunters are in a good spot especially for how easy 2/3 specs are. If a 6 second revive is the only thing you need to worry about you’re going to be fine.

1 Like

You’re not actually detailing any real skill caps here. You are just handwaving about macros and “awareness” and giving absolutely no details. Newsflash: Hunters are already making heavy use of macros in competitive content such as mouseover macros and pet attack macros.

BM Hunters in PvP are not just “mindless KC spam”. That’s a meme exclusively spouted by people who are totally misinformed about hunter PvP. What in the ever-loving hell is more “awareness” going to address about anything I said? No amount of awareness or care is going to stop a pet from dying to a focused burst. Your pet does not have the defensive capability to survive that and there is very little the Hunter can do to change anything about that.

A 6 second revive is not the “only thing you need to worry about”. Hunters have consistently been unable to keep up with other classes in this expansion, witho our mitigation being weak and our traditional kiting strengths being ineffective. No, Hunters are not in a good spot in PvP. All 3 of our specs are relatively low on representation. Yes, even Survival. MM is practically non-existent in rated PvP and BM is among the least-played; Survival makes it into the middle of the pack. I would actually argue this is Hunters’ worst PvP expansion yet, and it’s about to get worse. This pet change will effectively end BM and SV participation in rated PvP.

I know people will rag on me about this given my inexperience with rated PvP, but I also recall many of the same people who said the same things back before 7.2.5, including Dilly himself, with the enormous list of BM nerfs and insisted it would be fine. BM went on to be one of the most dead specs in PvP after that. Same goes for the 8.0 nerfs. Every single time this crap happens to Hunters it’s the same song and dance: clueless people saying that we are overreacting and it will be fine only for things to turn out even worse than we were saying. I know some people don’t like negativity, but unrealistic optimism has never got us anywhere and has only conditioned us to ignore important issues until it’s far too late.

Every single one of your posts on this forum so far is condescending BS originating from your overly-inflated ego based in your love of classic WoW. You aren’t some demigod Hunter descending from the heavens to spread knowledge among the ignorant masses. Get over yourself.

P.S. There’s actually more to the moment-to-moment gameplay in arenas than most of classic PvP because the majority of the toolkit in classic is highly situational with a proliferation of low-impact abilities. As you said, a lot of it depends on stuff external to the class such as consumables.

40 Likes

No amount of skill will save your pet from dying if its being targeted

25 Likes

You and your team can’t peel for your pet ? Battling this terrible pet ui is a skill in in of itself

1 Like

Why don’t you go tell all those rated PvPers to go get a little skill given that Hunters are currently, months before any change to Revive Pet, by far the lowest represented class in arenas?

Pretty cowardly of you to ignore everything I posted to you and just continue to blurt out the same empty talking points about “skill”. You are not some better class of players because you played classic WoW. Get over yourself.

9 Likes

Cowardly? Dawg I only get on here when I’m taking a sh.t. Ion got time to read all that. Is 6 seconds too long? Probably. But it’s not the end of the world. That’s all I’m trying to say.

3 Likes

Just saying, Pet Rez can be interrupted and back-pushed the last I checked. (Which was a while, admittedly.)

Now throw a 6-second cast on top of that…

7 Likes

I’d rather it be either back to 2 secs on 4 at the most. That and/or buff pets so they both don’t die as easily and have more varied uses in and out of combat.

2 Likes

Gonna be honest, pet management is a long lost skill and this is step 1 of bringing it back. If pets are dying too quickly then they should be tankier or we should have better tools to keep them alive. Ideally if your pet dies it should be due to a misplay on the hunter’s part.

6 Likes