Return Ranged Survival. Please

Rofl. It comes down to something very simple: “I enjoy this, so I want to keep it”. There’s zero reason for me to care about what some other random people want, when they’re arguing to delete the thing I enjoy. I know the immediate response will be “but RSV was deleted, it’s unfair!” and yeah, it was. Sucks for folks who preferred it, but it happened 4 years ago. Time to maybe stop sitting there stewing in their own gamer juices as they get angrier and angrier… it isn’t helping.

You going “we should bring rsv back as a 4th spec so nobody loses out” is all fine and dandy; super idealistic, (especially when blizz talked about wishing they could prune down to two specs per class), but it’s fine and dandy and would make everyone happy.

3 Likes

You think all people want RSV back want the MSV to be deleted. Some of us wouldn’t mind both existing. You’re just here to constantly stir pots without making any points on why both can or cannot exist together. You also say you don’t care about what other people want but yet you come here to attack what other people want. Kind of weird.

8 Likes

I mean it doesn’t have any sense to have 4 dps spec. If Blizzard would ever add 4th spec, would be either tank or healer but not another dps.

Honestly I would support:

1. To keep msv like we have atm.
  2. Bring back rsv as a Mobile ranged option.
  3. mm as a turret hard hitting sniper.
  4. Bm as the the new tank spec.

4 specs. Everyone is happy. Except that one guy.

9 Likes

And yet, you’re at the same time arguing that we should stop asking for RSV to come back, period.

You’re telling certain players to stop advocating for the removal of the spec that you like, but at the same time, you’re also telling those same players(and others, like myself) that we shouldn’t get what we’re asking for?

That we should not get what we enjoyed playing?

Why not?

Considering the class is meant to be a pure dmg class?

4 Likes

Because it is redundant IMHO

Based on what?

2 Likes

Based on we have all dps niche covered already since we have 3 different playstyle adding a 4th spec would feel redundant.

Rsv was a Mobile ranged spec right? What Mades survival Hunter unique? Beast mastery is as Mobile as rsv was.

What Mades survival Hunter unique?

The playstyle and fantasy of it, the focus on DoTs?

10 Likes

Bm is focused on dots as well. Your pet is a dot if You havent noticed it

I SUPPORT bm as a tank and the return of rsv and keep msv like now

Off the top of my head?

The old RSV was about consistency.
It was about utilizing DoTs. Not high instant dmg and burst.
It was much about non-physical dmg.
It’s natural path of development if taken into Legion, would’ve been doubling down on the DoT-concept, themed for the hunter class ofc, which would’ve allowed for us to have a spec with a fitting mechanical design which catered towards the concept of “multi-dotting” or “sustained spread cleave”.

Those mechanical strengths, are currently non-existent within this class.

All three of the current hunter specs, are very much about burst windows. About various degrees of high instant damage potential.

RSV, if brought into the modern game, would provide mechanical strengths (and weaknesses) which we currently don’t have. These happen to be some of the base criteria which need to be met for an additional spec to be considered.

As for other ways to focus on how RSV would be unique to existing specs? I again invite you to check out my suggestions, for you to get a feel for the aesthetic differences as well as the mechanicals:

I can guarantee you that you will find both elements which cater towards the general class fantasy(such as options to make use of pets) as well as defining elements intended to make RSV unique, even when compared to a spec such as MM, which in itself is about the use of the ranged weapon.

8 Likes

If you can get it without taking away what I enjoy, that’s fine. But the forum whiners have spent 4 years trying to get what I enjoy deleted, and still do, so they’re going to get mocked for their failed, useless tantrums.

More like I make fun of them for being whiny babies about it. Sane, well-adjusted people quit the game when blizzard makes changes they loathe.

2 Likes

Oh look, you’re now linking the same stuff you’ve been posting. Even better… Blizz has repeatedly said they will not add 4th specs. The only reason druid got one was because they didn’t want to remove feral when they split feral/guardian into two separate specs.

2 Likes

And?

For over a decade, they also said that they won’t bring original WoW back.

They even went as far as to put into words what they assumed that we(some players) actually wanted or not. I refer to the phrase “You think you do, but you don’t”.

They never specifically stated that removing one part of the old Feral was on the table. All they did, was splitting the two focuses.

And, even if this would’ve been the case, it even further highlights how monumentally bad of a decision it was to do that exact thing for another class a few expansions later. That being, removing an entire specialization from it. Heck, it was even worse than what it would’ve been for Druids at the time. Since that would’ve only been about removing half a spec.

6 Likes

Our posts and the ones we were replying to were all perfectly relevant to the thread, and we didn’t make the thread. You might think our posting on this topic is excessive (it’s not because it’s a topic we deeply care about and we are entitled to post about it whenever we see fit) but that doesn’t make it irrelevant.

Oh, good. Only 30 Survival Hunters have cleared Mythic this tier (LOL). Which one of these is you?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/23#boss=2299&class=Hunter&spec=Survival

And yes, investment in the class matters because common sense dictates a class’s development should not be catered towards people with minimal investment in the class. I don’t go around dictating what changes get made to Rogues because it’s not my class.

Yes I’m sure there are a few other people with absolutely no content participation to speak of besides about 100 random battlegrounds who adore Survival, but unfortunately for you we can look at the participation of Survival in relevant content back through several years. Long story short, it is perpetually one of the least-represented specs in the game even when it is performing very well.

Even MM, which has been in a dreadful spot this whole expansion, has far more representation than SV. Hell, it took SV being the very best single-target DPS in the game and MM being almost totally unviable as a DPS spec for SV to pull ahead of MM, and even then it was by a miniscule degree and it didn’t last. The thing about MM is that it has proven to be able to be a widely-enjoyed spec. Melee SV has not.

Lol!? A random survey that asks people what spec they enjoy with 400 responses? This is your proof?

If you like surveys so much here’s one from Legion’s launch:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1O2lYLBdgbR41nTSQyycT20WZLteYoAA91ESTQVKXCoE/viewanalytics

It’s not the only one like that either. Note: you get tons of people online who praise Survival as God’s gift to class design, but when the time comes to actually play it hardly any of them show up.

The difficulty gap between BM and SV is much smaller than you think it is.

Plus, Blizzard thinks it’s because the spec is melee:

https://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog/comments/gamescom-2017-world-warcraft-legion-patch-7-3-interview/2

Clearly Survival is not as fun for Hunters as you think it is if it is so underplayed.

How about NO because no one wants this.

Ah yes I forgot about how I could apply my pets to multiple targets for additional damage.

What a breathtakingly misinformed statement. This is what happens when you get people with minimal investment in the class talking about Hunter class design.

At least we got Legion Survival deleted.

13 Likes

Keep whining baby
And look at the survey. Sv Hunter is classified as a “fun spec”

2 Likes

Pst, bubbles

you’re saying the quiet part out loud

you’re giving away your whole game plan bud

You’re proving my point.

1 Like

I don’t raid as SV. Not because I can’t, but because my guild is melee heavy and I’m actually a team player and not a whiner. I could just as easily do it. You aren’t getting a 4th spec, nor are you getting ranged SV back. Enjoy whining incessantly on the forums.

i’ve mostly checked out of this whole thing, but i laughed reading this. those “two” you’re talking about aren’t the ones making all these threads. and you yourself seem to have a habit of following them to every thread just to complain about them.

i think maybe you also need some form of support group since you can’t handle any discussion that you don’t agree with.

9 Likes

I’m not going to bother linking all of the melee sv threads they’ve railed in over the past three years because you either can’t read or are delusional. Neither of which is a good look.

2 Likes