Rets, calling all rets - pvp/pve buffs? thoughts? ideas?

It’s an iconic ability that brings something more to the dull and soulless tree. AW used to be special but now every single class has it’s own wings. Even better, use it outside of the burst window to give us more ST and in certain circumstance line it up with AW for big burst moments. Guardian is also un-targetable so it can’t be slowed, stunned, or deterred in anyway, which in PVP, would allow us to connect our damage while we’re stapled to the floor.

It’s the first step in creating decisions as a player and adding flare to the spec. Maybe you’re into counting to 5 with 2 buttons and keeping simplicity. Other classes have plenty of variety in offensive arsenal. Ain’t no way Ret stays this way forever.

2 Likes

For the most part, I like the rework. It is a shame we have to lose 30% damage in either direction when choosing between AOE and ST.

They really just need to give us our regular tuning buffs throughout a tier. Should have been about 12% in the beginning, 12% middle, and 12% at the end of each tier. That would have kept us close to where we were in those 2 weeks after the rework where we were finally good. We weren’t op. We weren’t amazeballs. We were good. Too many prog deaths skewing its performance in raid, and too much whining from the pvp community made for rash decisions across the board.

Now with the Dec 19th class tuning buffs, we truly are behind quite a bit. Blizzard should give us a buff of 30-45% in order to bring us back in line with where we were.

Ret mastery? Well, an obvious answer could be to revert the nerf to it, but to be a little more creative, we could roll Divine Purpose into it. Replace DP or even just remove it with no replacement, and let our Mastery be DP with proc chance and damage increase being increased on a 1:X:1 scale (Proc chance: Damage increase: Mastery %)

3 Likes

100% Agree. Revert Mastery or alternatively turn Mastery into DP proc chance/damage increase. Can also have it do both and tune around it if it gets out of hand. Mastery should be never be a worse Versatility.

2 Likes

They could easily replace divine arbiter with guardian, make it more of a choice. They would simply need to redesign the radiant version.

1 Like

I mean, they just removed Seraphim to tone down on stacking damage modifier.

Personally, I don’t like the idea of my power coming from an outside source/pet.
If people like that idea there’s Demo Lock and BM that plays with pets.

Usually choice nodes have kind of a connecting thematic going on.
In this particular instance, there’s nothing connecting the 2 either in design or purpose.
If anything, calling down an ally from the sky has more to do with FR/ES in my book.

Putting aside how “good/bad” an idea is bringing this thing back, I feel like it’d be more of class tree thing than a Ret spec thing.

Odd, considering your calling down an HOLY ally, with a HOLY blade, to STRIKE opponents with said “HOLY BLADE” have nothing to do with a holy strike build that includes forming a holy hammer in your hand and tossing it at foes that deals “HOLY STRIKE” damage.

weird.

Tier needs to be looked at, it’s kinda worthless.
Unbound freedom and extra pony duration should be a choice node, unbound freedom should make freedom undispelabe, it obv would come at the cost of longer ponly. Double long pony and undispelable freedom is too much.

Unfortunately, mobility wise, I don’t think more changes are needed. What really needs to happen is a reduction in mobility for every1, we were just left a bit behind when every1 was getting 4 blinks, 4 charges etc.

Expurgation timer should be added to a current active expurgation instead of just resetting it, the dmg should stack (with a cap, maybe up to 3 times) , that’s a decent dmg boost outside cds.

Removing the mana cost from wog sounds tempting tbh, we shouldn’t be able to spam selfheals endlessly though. It only seems necessary because other classes have way too much healing w/o being healers, that also needs to be looked at.

My 2 cents.

2 Likes

So a pet.

Yeah because DA is totally a little pet hammer.

Not really, pet’s are permenent.

DA mechanically, and thematically is trash.

Yeah, we can call DA all that.
Unfinished seems like an other word that could fit.

Still not a pet though nor is it anything close.

You can argue semantics about guardian not being a pet.
Everyone knows what it is in the end, doesn’t really matter what other synonyms you want to use to describe it.

I don’t agree that Divine Arbiter is bad thematically (this is way less of a concern to me than how it is designed).

Divine Arbiter has serious potential, it just needs refinement in my opinion. If we gained Divine Arbiter stacks per target hit with Blessed Champion it would be available a lot more. Whether or not it should be able to crit I’m not sure but it needs to be supported better, like many of the other nodes in the tree. It was tuned very harshly prior to the release of the rework but for a short window during PTR it was looking very promising and even drew the attention of top M+ players.

1 Like

By all means if it was gaining stacks with blessed champion, it would go a long way increasing the AoE damage of the ST build and the funnel.

The fact that it gets a stack for each enemy hit by the blessed hammer of adjudication while not giving any for blessed champion seems like an oversight.

There’s no scenario where pressing DS is better that a DA, providing it hits a similar amount of targets.

1 Like

apparently you don’t. Minion/pet’s are different categories. guardian is a minion (uncontrollable once summoned and only there for a limited time)

Pet’s are permanent unless dismissed and are controllable.

Bro havign guardian is not gonna add skill to the spec what? It is literally another offensive cd to prop up our burst in the opener even more and then desync it entirely throught the fight.

Also the crowd thats crying about button bloat would just explode about adding yet another offensive cd. What would a 5 or 3 min cd add to the spec in terms of depth? You literally popped guardian, waited for it to stack str a d then bursted wow so many layers of skill

5 Likes

Sure, w/e.

Personally, I like when there’s more distinction between builds. I want the ability to make a complete solid Holystrike Build, a complete solid Radiant Build, or the option to choose a mix.

• Crusading Strikes vs Fires of Justice (CS)
  • Holy Blade vs Templar Strikes (BoJ)
  • etc…

Obviously I’d change a lot more with Paladins than this, as I think they still need a good amount of polishing. However, in terms of the capstones, tunning aside, the concepts would be:

Imgur

1 Like

I know it’s just an example but they would never ship something where a talent would negate another one completely.
I say completely because we do have something akin to it in namely CSAA and Swift Justice.
Pretty sure the 2sec CD reduc doesn’t apply on CSAA.

Templar Strike and CSAA can never be dissociated in that regard.

I like the take on ES, Light decree effect was always a winner in my heart.
Thought this was suppose to be what touch of light was supposed to do when class tree was released.
How mistaken I was.

If the spec tree was designed properly, we wouldn’t be bloated with offensive cd’s. Being able to get 90% of end talents in the ret tree is sad.

Where is our weekly 3 % ?

5 Likes

We are not bloated with anything, I was just pointing at those saying there is button bloat