Retribution

Retribution paladins need a buff to help them right now! They are the only dps spec that is damn-near unviable, that isn’t a meme-to-frick like Sub or BM. But you don’t want to buff a class balanced around an end tier set bonus. So, just give us that set bonus! Replace one of tier 8’s bonuses or with tier 10’s 2pc effect. Voila! Ret is fixed.

7 Likes

This shouldn’t a shocker to anyone. We all knew this was going to happen.
Warrior’s aren’t any better.

T10 2P will make rets much stronger and more competitive.
Paladins are still go-to Tank spec
And go-to main healer.

and then bricked in T10…hows this any better? Because yes, if T10 given to T8, T10 gets T8 bonus.
What about T9? Give it T10 2p bonus as well?

5 Likes

No!
/10chars

Did we? Because there are a lot of rets who might say otherwise. Now the difference between warrior and paladin performance is that the warrior’s has already been solved incidentally by the ulduar ilvl boost. Finally, i have said nothing about swapping the bonuses between sets. Just cut out the current 2 or 4 set bonus. (2p probably the best to allow longevity into ToC) I doubt anyone would miss 10% crit to exorcism

Yes, you did.
That simply means they had a bad source.
All they had to do is either look up old guides/content from OG Wrath or look at private servers rankings for T7/8/9/10.
It’s like being surprised that sub is absolutely dead in all forms of PvE, or that Fury>Arms starting T8. Or that BM is also worse than both Surv and MM.
It is public knowledge. It’s 15 year old game mate. It’s all known. Inside and out.

Swapping bonuses for ret…why stop there? Its a slippery slope.

2 Likes

Why? serious question
They didn’t buff all the trash specs in vanilla classic (aka 70% of the specs in the game)

2 Likes

As a proponent of Ret buffs, I’ve thought about this point a lot.

Here’s my view. (Speaking from a DPS perceptive only).

First, I remember Vanilla as the wild, wild west. Everything was crazy, and when Vanilla Classic was announced, I never expected balancing changes because that’s how it was. In a similar way, TBC overarching design wasn’t to even out damage, it was to give certain specs (ex: enh, feral, ret) uniqe and valuable buffs that’s ensured they had a raid spot even though their damage was subpar.

That changed in Wotlk. OG Wotlk was designed (this is documented) to spread buffs and utility around and reduce the disparity in damage to try and ensure every class has somewhat comparable damage. I think the famous quote was something like the goal was to keep classes within 5% of each other.

This is what’s frustrating. Classic Wotlk isn’t remaining authentic to the overarching design of OG Wotlk in a way that Classic Vanilla and Classic TBC felt like they were.

That’s at least my perceptive. And I was a rogue player in TBC. I get it, it’s a bummer feeling like not the most useful class, but at least as a rogue in TBC I could deal decent damage.

(*All that said, if they ever release the trilogy again, I hope they try to balance stuff better. I always felt it was a mistake, and in truth, pure laziness on Blizzard’s part, to release the final patch and act like it’s authentic and perfect).

6 Likes

It is pure laziness. There is no other reason for them to allow things to stay the way it is.

1 Like

Hmm lets see where did i put my video reply to ret paladin needs a buff threads…

Aw there it is.

Why though? What is the argument outside of trolling that a spec that is clearly underperforming should not be adjusted?

2 Likes

naw there is its called 3.3.5 patch this is the state you guys are in. stop whining about buffs. its annoying when we get to icc you guys will continue to whine for buffs. you guys always whine about something there isn’t a patch cycle where ret doesn’t whine. stop whining.

4 Likes

It’s really weird to me (and in truth, pretty pathetic) that you’ve dedicated a hundred times the energy to be toxic toward a class as I have to fixing it.

1 Like

Yeah…no. I was around for original wrath. We were not whining until they started taking away abilities mid expansion.

2 Likes

Don’t respond to either of these people. I already regret doing so. They are two of the most toxic people on the forums and it isn’t worth your time. I don’t even think they play WoW. I think they just lost to a single Ret in a duel ten years ago, and like, lost the mental capacity to ever move forward with their lives.

2 Likes

It isnt underperforming though.

It brings enough dps to pass every hard mode dps check and it brings amazing utility that the raid will want in those hard modes.

Its true raids wont stack rets. But there is more than enough reason to bring 1. And considering paladin is already averaging 20+% of a 25 man raid, the class overall doesnt need more representation either.

Divine sacrifice/aura mastery is extreamly important on some of the hard mode fights, let alone the other paladin utility a ret brings.

And lastly, there is always a bottom dps.

I played hunter in classic vanilla. I wasnt crying in naxx 40 when my dps wasnt keeping up. I had utility that was important. Trank shot. There was enough reason to bring me to raid even when i wasnt a world buffed warrior. There is plenty of reasons to bring a ret paladin to raid.

1 Like

bro was there in wrath. there wasn’t a weak where a ret wasn’t whining. as long as i have played you guys have continued to whine. its obnoxious. least blizzard never left your dps spec completely crippled 2/3s an expansion. ret could be good all xpac and you’d be complaining and whining all day long over one bad patch. and act like it persisted through the entire expansion. and good i mean top 8-10 dps specs. you pink boys are the whiniest dps of them all.

4 Likes

Dont fix what isnt broken. Ret is fine. This is coming from someone who was a hunter in classic vanilla raiding naxx 40. None of my specs were good for dps. But i had valuable utility for the raid. Its just rets turn to fill that niche this time around, but at least ret will do good dps in icc. Hunters didn’t even have that for naxx 40.

Can a raid suddenly not clear ulduar N if a ret joins?

1 Like

Tell me more about a Ret raiding in Vanilla. Or Even TBC. Wotlk was actually the time we were okay. That was stolen. It is BS.

Not giving you or that toxic DK another moment of my time. Late.

3 Likes

toxic? its not toxic when you tell someone to stop whining. literally there is a new buff ret thread created literally every two three days. its annoying. at this point its spam. legitimate spam. i’d say the rets are the most toxic of the community they spam us with buff us please threads its legitimately toxic behavior you perceive anything that can’t be class stacked as under performing. btw 8500 dps is just fine. its well over performing what you could in ulduar back in the day.