Ret Paladins, How viable will they be?

Shame has nothing to do with it. Retribution as a talent tree is fairly meh aside from some utility. Holy shockadins had better burst for pvp, but 31 point Ret specs will never outperform pure dps specs simply due to the way Vanilla was itemized and how gear sets worked.

1 Like

Amazing tell me all about how you got to Naxx40 as a Ret… Oh wait you aren’t one of those my bad.

Where as those who did have theorycrafted a decent enough spec build that could very much do perfectly fine in a raid enviroment and hardcore guilds did infact TAKE 1 Ret pally along.

Rets are useless trash. Remove the sarcasm from your post and you are dead on.

Yikes. Mad?

Wow, a whole ONE!

If you played Ret for 15 years I imagine in 2004-2006 you must of been treated very badly that it has scarred you for life concerning Ret in classic.

OP wanted to learn how to be a Ret pally. I have him a legitimate info source. Arguably the best. You are who tried to belittle it. No one says Ret is or ever will be #1. But DPS is not everything when it comes to it. They bring a ton to the table, and Esfand is a fantastic source to learn from.

Just no. just stop. Some super hybrid cross breed shockadin that takes max effort to master VS a class already balanced that does equal or better DPS. Come on.

You may get dragged a long as a charity case but no min/maxing guild is taking a ret paladin because “omg if we dont have one!!!” (nothing will happen)

1 Like

You’re bringing up hardcore raiding when most of this thread has not been about hardcore raiding.

Are you okay?

DPS isn’t everything unless it’s everything. Like on a boss that’s a DPS race.

OK, you can be Ret in a 5 man and grind and level.

You won’t be desired in a Raid environment.

That better @Slyvaun?

Hey OP, be whatever you want, Slyvaun takes anyone.

1 Like

if all youre looking at is raw dps , you are right.

if you look at the total package, however, you will come to a different conclusion.

stop boxing yourself into such a small minded role and broaden your horizions.

People who keep saying things like this are just completely full of it. You act like every guild is going for world first. In vanilla I was in one of the better US guilds and we were doing bosses in Naxx with complete morons in our raid. A competent Ret pally would be more useful than 90% of the huntards out there.

Classic Raiding was not hard the only thing that made it difficult was finding 40 people that were above average IQ.

4 Likes

+1 for understanding that not every damn guild in Classic is a world first hardcore minmaxing raid.

2 Likes

OK, I’ll try sir.

I’m still getting over the removal of seals.

Been playing every spec of Paladin since 2004, but you go ahead and remind me to broaden my horizons.

Tell that to the 115,000 Horde I killed as Retribution before I retired.

2 Likes

Imagine bragging about your PVP statistic’s in a PVE thread or if it
actually proves any kind of point.

1 Like

Nowhere did I say or hint that, nowhere. That is your own interpretation and not at all what I suggested. I’m being realistic here and pointing out the expectations people are going to have for the class/spec, that’s all. If you think people are going to be more willing to accept Ret Paladins now than they were then, so be it, we’ll agree to disagree.

I never said they were, but hey, keep grinding that axe. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

U mad bro?

No ones saying you can’t go as Ret raiding.

There have been players in the NBA under 6’ tall.

Doesn’t mean it was DESIRED.

You kids keep lying to each other that you can be anything you want in this life, go ahead lol… hilarious.

2 Likes

You don’t DPS as a Shockadin. It’s a healing spec mainly with some DPS focused on PvP Support. If you go the shockadin route you miss out on vital DPS talents like Vengeance in the Ret tree.

Not only that but you’ll OOM yourself like crazy. Shockadin is very mana hungry.

3 Likes

Point is Charlie, he’s talking to me like I don’t know how to play Retribution Paladin. I’d say lopping off the heads of 115k horde might suggest I do. K bro?