Ret Paladin Deserves Slight Buff

Most of these rets are garbage fotm rerolls anyways who are so tunnelvisioning about parses they dont even realize they get a free invite to raids anyways, unless said raid leader is running a meme comp or is an absolute moron.

Its the same rets who never even bother to buff in bgs, let alone use their hand spells to help peel enemies off healers.

2 Likes

Hmm so it’s a moron RL that realizes all the buffs a ret has are covered by either prot/holy and or by a different class that does higher dps. I haven’t seen to many people call efficiency moronic so that’s a new one.

1 Like

dunno, but i mained ret in tbc. it sucks seeing your spec go from pretty good to one of the worst and not worth bringing to raids over other options because our post nerf spec was balanced around having set bonuses we do not have access to nor will have access to for nearly a year.

2 Likes

There are 4 blessings. Prot pal is immediately gonna default to sanc (running 2 prot pally is a complete meme). 1 hpal is gonna default to wisdom, and raids will often run 1 hpal, never more than 2. So there is room for at least 1 ret pally.

This is just blessings alone btw, ignoring the other buffs ret brings.

Theres also aura mastery stacking, which is utterly bonkers this xpac.

If ur not getting invited as a ret, then that means a better ret took your spot. In which case: its a l2p issue.

the only blessing paladin brings specifically is kings. everything else is covered by other classes. even sanc damage mit.

Yeah, that’s my assumption as well.

Sanc, wisdom, and might are FAR easier to maintain than their alternatives. This is also ignoring how good aura mastery is this xpac.

If you’re not bringing at least 2 hpals to Ulduar, especially if you’re running hard modes, then glhf.

Apparently you cared enough to join this thread.

and none of that matters when theyre covered easily by prot and holy paladins as well. nothing ret does specifically warrants a raid spot

You obviously don’t understand what ilv increases in weapons do for warriors as opposed to other classes. Why not just step out of this conversation, about a class you don’t play, when you’re obviously ignorant about the machinations of your own class.

Just buff everything so they pull Unholy DK 11k dps. Problem solved.

Posting here for even more activity :laughing: All the haters here adding discord are driving the thread up to the top. grabs popcorn

I think it’s pretty fruitless to argue with some of these people. Half of them got through the first sentence of OGB’s post and got enraged by saying “WAH MY CLASS DIDN’T GET A BUFF”. Guess what? This isn’t about YOUR class; its about RETS that happened to be punished by an item that we CANT OBTAIN. Stop pulling out straw-mans and support your fellow players.

Spriests for example have a similar gripe in that their SW:P isn’t affected by haste (I think… dunno my sweaty SP friend was talking about this); if he made a thread and complained about it, my first reaction wouldn’t be “Well get F***ing used to it at least you aren’t RET”. NO, I would internally say “yeah that seems kinda stupid that they balanced your skill on limitations of server side logic from 13 years ago. Makes perfect sense to look at the skill again.”

We need a blizz community lead or mod to at least step in and shut down the convo by saying something like “nah f*** you rets” or “we are looking into it… soon^TM”.

In the meantime, continue to troll, trolls. You are only helping our cause.

1 Like

Disagreement isn’t necessarily “hating”.
You want an echo chamber? Maybe hiding in your class discord is safer.

1 Like

most people’s response is simply ret/holy to good lul stay bad ret.

Beautiful post

That’s why I said SOME. There is definitely good disagreement and then there are strawman arguments like “GRAB A SHIELD KEKW”. The latter is not helpful and doesn’t bring upon any helpful discussion. Just like you cherry picking one line from my comment.

Regardless: one more +1 reply :disguised_face:

1 Like

Lol no need to get personal. It’s not my fault rets garbage. We both play bad specs. You’re crying that yours is bad, I’m accepting mines like an adult.

1 Like

The biggest thing is your class will/ does scale very well in the upcoming phases. Ret does not. Ret is also based around a tier bonus that we don’t/won’t have for quite some time. That’s it, plain and simple.

Dude, it’s pointless to beat a dead horse. We’ve explained this to them countless times at this point. They’re either feigning ignorance, in favor of levying insults at us for not being as masochistic as them, or just truly lack reading comprehension.