Ret aura removal

I dont think having ret aura ever was a heavy consideration for comp for any last boss, it was just an extra bonus. Is too unreliable, is probably the last thing in your mind when making a group to kill the hardest bosses.

They will never admit it, some of them just want to see ret sink and they will do anything and say anything.

Not really. It moved ret into a tuning/fight design slot, the same as to all other DPS specs. Sometimes we’ll get an immunity stacking fight, and ret suddenly becomes sought after.

1 Like

Ok so you argue removing Ret aura ruins the spec, but somehow its not important anyway. Make up your mind. Ret is still the only melee with a constant 20y range, it’s far from a bad option to bring your devo aura.

You can go down the list of CE guilds and I promise you the vast majority had 2 paladins on their first kill on Fyrakk :slight_smile:

1 Like

I asked you a reason for the aura has to be removed, where is your proof, save the rest non sense, since you appear to be a firm believer and has been bothered by our aura right?

3 Likes

That is what blizz posted, it is not your reason, show me something you post PIROR to blue post, that you have been hot and bothered by our aura. Or like I said, you LOVE to agree.

I think all raid buffs/debuffs should be either removed, or spread among several classes (like it was in Wrath). Ret Aura is just one off the list; glad to see it gone.

It’s the same reason. Ret should be something that’s judged on it’s own merits on whether or not to bring it, not mandatory because of a raid buff.

Class specific raid buffs: generally good. It’s healthy for the optimal play to require one of each class.
spec specific raid buffs: very bad.

Boohoo paladins dont have 2 automatic spots anymore welcome to every other class.

2 Likes

Like warlock without summon and cookies or gate? Lawl!!!

We are talking about retribution paladins, not 2 paladins. Ret was in 2.6% on the top 50 world Fryaak kills, second worst melee dps.

Dont even look at Raza, where it has a 0.2%, doesnt seem like a requirement to me. :dracthyr_shrug:

You bring 1 warlock. You don’t necessarily have to bring 1 Affliction warlock, just 1 warlock. Bringing more is just a sign that either warlock’s kit or tuning happens to be strong on a particular fight.

1 Like

Didn’t you read the previous posts, is ret aura the factor for mythic kills? Go read some numbers before speaking.

Or better yet, show ONE post or comment from you before blitz’s post that ret aura is a problem. I’m waiting

Not that you have any experience with this, but when you go for a progression mythic kill, you take every advantage you can get, because of how hard the bosses are.

If logs showed the damage that ret aura brings as the ret’s damage, the spec would be in “get nerfed yesterday” tier.

1 Like

Show me one comment or post of you voicing concerns about ret aura before blitz’s post I’m waiting.

This is just not true for ret aura, it wasnt worth it to bring over other utility. If it was as good as you guys are saying it would be in every top 10 kill at the very least, but is not.

Don’t worry, blizzard is going to keep people wanting to bring ret in TWW by eternally over-tuning it. That’s what they’ve done for about 80% of DF.

1 Like

Ret aura was never under your radar before the recent decisions from Bliz and you can stop pretending it is an issue for you for the longest time, right about now.

Ok, so what?