Restore Gilneas Because

I don’t know why Dev will make another capital when most of the alliance hang out at SW and Ironforge. No one was ever there in teldrassil and no one can even be seen in Exodar. Would be waste of resources .

1 Like

I brought this up a week ago to no avail. Gilneas should return as an alliance populated area at very least after what’s happened. Undercity was the horde’s only real hold on northern kalimdor. With that gone, the pressure on Gilneas should be gone, and reclaiming it would be not only a smart move strategically (a highly defensible area on what could be a major northern port), but a relatively easy one. Hell, in terms of gameplay it’s the right move. It’s an amazingly designed area with unique assets and style that sees no use. It’s got importance to players. Its a clear feeling of war progress, and even winning.

3 Likes

It was a waste of resources to destroy Teldrassil.

2 Likes

No one was ever there either … another desolate capital . Atleast the burning tree provides a nice background when you fly by …

3 Likes

not to mention it is an important part of the worgen story, returning back home like we promised at liam’s grave

4 Likes

Bring back Gilneas. This time a full-fledged capital. So many advantages with that land…and restart the starting zone to have both Liam’s death and then fast forward to the future (Legion or BFA).

I am willing to bet nothing will happen in Gilneas. It lost its luster back in Cataclysm. But it would be nice to house both Night Elves and Worgen. And I don’t mean as a War front.

1 Like

A kingdom for dogs? That’s being too generous. A kennel would be more along the lines of realism, but even then I’m being too kind. Those feral animals need euthanization.

4 Likes

Leave a few for the new Alliance mount. No more horses!
:smile:

4 Likes

ok but goblins have to get kezan back

1 Like

I agree, just kill them all off. They are mutations made by accident and have no place. Gilneas being destroyed was natural selection trying to do its job and the Alliance toyed with the balance of nature by keeping them.

And they call US the beast faction.

3 Likes

So Void Elves, Worgen, and Orcs are not natural, if you’re thinking that way. Orcs drank the blood of Mannoroth, we were cursed by the druids, and the void elves…no comment.

Still, Gilneas must be repaired and have it ready. Heck, we would be happy to give Silvermoon some resources. That way we can go to your place and destroy it permanently.

1 Like

It would be great if during 8.2 or 8.3, gilneas started to come back to life!

But I feel like the devs do not seem too interested in doing anything that brings any joy or sense of achievement to the alliance, connected to actually getting a city back from the oblivion !!

3 Likes

I know they’d never do it but I’m gunning for the war to last more than this xpac. Have the final raid be all about taking down N’Zoth, yay we won, then Sylvanas took advantage of the distracted Alliance to attack Stormwind. Exapnsion ends with the Horde marching on Stormwind.

1 Like

They probably wouldn’t be happy about it, but they’d deal with it better than the Blood Elves would. Void Elves have an alternative magic to lean on and in the past the High Elves conditioned themselves to do without it, instead feeding on ambient magic and residual energy from nearby moonwells.

I think it would actually pretty interesting if the Blood Elves’ failure to truly solve their dependency problems come back to haunt them so soon after they had been “solved”.

Didn’t Kezan get wiped out by the Cataclysm?

Motherlode’s still there.

I know, nobody actually tells you it’s on Kezan instead of Zandalar. But it is.

well they can have Kezan back and leave Azshara, forever.

1 Like

What Cata did to Azshara is nothing short of a travesty. “It was boring! They had to do something with it!” Yeah, sure… but not that.

3 Likes

I rather enjoyed to forlorn feeling of the zone. The ruins, the autumnal look, and farming Azuregos :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like