Reset peoples gold on TBC Release

Cool. I’m not discussing “WHAT IS INFLATION”, so I guess you don’t need to respond to me any further.

Well the issue that is being brought up in this thread IS inflation. Who tf thought this was a ‘controlling the economy’ thread. Did you just walk in here and assume that’s what people were saying?

1 Like

The whole point of this thread is to punish the people who have made an obscene amount of gold in Classic by not letting them use it in TBC…because reasons.

In Vanilla, you got to keep your gold when TBC came out.

2 Likes

It’s isn’t punishing anyone. You weren’t guaranteed your gold for tbc. You aren’t having your gold taken away in classic. For the last time, this isn’t a progression server. These are classic servers. Saying “back then did you?” Is simply moronic.

Back then did you start with 1.12 talents? Back then did you have layering with mega servers? Back then did Eu have the game at launch?

No, none of these things happened. Classic wow is a meant to bring you back to that time period to play the game, same goes for tbc.

And I love how disingenuous you guys get with this

Yeah because these reasons are simply just out of the blue and completely unjustified right?

2 Likes

I earned all my gold legit. Why cannot I not spend my gold in TBC-Classic just like I spent my Vanilla gold in TBC-Original?

And yes, this thread is just a guy who is mad about mages having gold and doesn’t want them to have flying mounts early.

Because the sheer amount of gold that is being brought over legitimate or not will completely decimate how tbc is played from the very start. Comparing today from 2007 is so hilariously asinine I don’t even know how to respond to it without being rude.

It has nothing to do with someone having more money than them LOL. Do you honestly think it’s that hard to get enough gold to get basically anything you need in tbc right now? It’s not about a who has what thing, it’s that WHAT people bring over will ruin the tbc play style

1 Like

And going into TBC with no gold is so hilariously asinine too.

I never said no gold, at the very least it needs capped though.

1 Like

That is what the OP wants.

Well either way the thought process is still the same. No gold is better than all the gold.

You can argue how dumb no gold is all you want, it will never be worse than bringing over everyone’s gold.

2 Likes

I disagree.

And simply calling the idea dumb isn’t going to do much to change people’s minds. No one started TBC fresh, everyone had a stockpile of gold/gear/consumables going in when TBC launched. That is the authentic experience.

That is your opinion. Not a fact. In my opinion all gold is better then no gold.

Yep, a stockpile of Pizza, Doritos, and Mt Dew. Plenty of consumables.

1 Like

Most people weren’t even 60 yet when tbc hit. The minority of players hit end level. Let alone had an epic mount, let alone stock piled anything at all.

This is not an authentic and will never be an authentic experience. The ‘authentic experience’ thing needs to die. It’s never going to happen.

And I can sit here and explain to you why bringing over all the gold is the worst idea possible, but I just have a slight feeling it’s a waste of time because you either won’t understand it or stick your head in the sand because “MAH GOLD”

2 Likes

If your opinion is based around wanting to ruin tbc as soon as possible then yeah, this is the opinion to have

1 Like

Then why are you attempting to enforce an authentic economy to what happened the first time around instead of dealing with the reality of the current economy and how it will be?

It won’t ruin TBC in the slightest. At least not anymore then it is going to be ruined regardless of what you do. Removing gold or not removing gold in the end things will be exactly the same. All removing gold does it put things at a minor setback (It is an artificial gold sink you can’t choose not to do) and it simply isn’t the solution you think it will be.

1 Like

I had a stockpile of gold/gear/consumables going into TBC, and everyone I knew did too.

Right now your argument seems to be “I don’t like it, and anyone who disagrees with me is dumb.” So unless you want to elaborate you have really said nothing other than “I don’t like it, and everyone who disagrees with me is dumb.”

2 Likes

I’d honestly favor a gold cap of 1000g going into BC. That’s probably around what the richer people in vanilla had going into BC, and it’d make sense.

Sure it’d hurt me and everyone else that’ll have tens of thousands of gold by end of vanilla, but I’m not sure how you prevent the economic problems that we’re seeing now in BC.

Of course in practice it probably wouldn’t work that well because people would spread gold out around alts or try to hoard valuable mats (like Jewelcrafting mats) and such, so yeah.

I never said I was looking for an authentic economy. I’m saying I don’t want it to completely ruin and make tbc systems 100% obsolete because of inflation. I haven’t said a word about asking for an authentic anything.

Nice try though

It’s 100% the solution I think it will be. Even when inflation happens again, because it will, it’s still a gradual pace that allows tbc systems to breathe and see the light of day. And if they become obsolete it’s not for a long time. If you open the gates with this inflation it’s game over day one.

2 Likes

Alright if you actually need this explained to you I will do it then.

So a quick question, how do you think most people made gold in tbc.

2 Likes

You’re right, you haven’t said anything. You just keep saying it will ruin everything, without elaborating at all. Asserting it to be true with absolutely nothing to back it up.

I made gold selling consumables. Whats your point?