Reset peoples gold on TBC Release

Imagine being punished because you prepared for what everyone knew was coming in advance.

We should take away everyones Nature Resist gear for an authentic AQ experience. Reset all war effort mats while we are at it.

1 Like

Hmmm, people having a lot of gold doesn’t ruin the economy by itself- Access to more materials in the world, dungeons, elixir and buff restrictions, viable new professions, and of course Arena will put an end to a lot of the pvp consumable inflation.

I’m partial to the idea of having some servers as fresh starts. This would allow the community to choose if they want to go try-hard or start over. But I promise within a month the same people who have a lot of gold now, will be right back on top and in a position to exploit that if they want too.

Is TBC coming out this year? Everyone is talking about it but i cant find anything from blizz

1 Like

This doesn’t punish anyone. You made your gold in vanilla, you keep your gold in vanilla. I didn’t get punished for rerolling on vanilla when I had gold on retail. Classic vanilla should have just as much ties to tbc as classic has to retail right now

4 Likes

I would agree that if TBC server transfers are allowed there should be some kind of account wide gold cap.

3 Likes

It’s not about epic flying. There’s plenty of gold to be made in Outland and everyones gunna get it in a relatively short amount of time anyway. It’s about controlling the TBC economy from day 1 because you farmed absurd amounts of gold in classic.

If they just progress classic servers into BC everything should be left untouched. If they have seperate BC servers there’s has to be a limit, I’ve suggested 3 characters 5k gold and no additional bank slots, because it’s being treated as a seperate experience. Your hard work in classic isn’t going anywhere, the fruits of your labors are still there for you on classic realms.

2 Likes

>There’s plenty of gold to be made in Outland and everyones gunna get it in a relatively short amount of time anyway.

Cool. So your suggestion is ultimately pointless because players are just going to make gold “in a relatively short amount of time anyway” \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

2 Likes

It’s almost July and AQ isn’t out yet, I very much doubt we’ll get BC this year. If we assume phase 5 drops mid to late July, that puts Naxx somewhere around Christmas, give or take a week or 2.

I’d assume they’ll alternate. 2019 was classic, 2020 is shadowlands, 2021 is BC, 2022 is next exapc, and so on.

2 Likes

I assume you failed at quoting me. I don’t see your point. If you had a 5k limit people would be able to buy epic flying pretty much as soon as they hit 70. People who start fresh would take about the same amount of time to get epic flying as it took to get epic mounts in classic. It’s a small advantage for playing classic, but not gamebreaking like bringing 100k gold in on day 1 would be.

1 Like

Could one of you “THEY’RE GONNA CONTROL THE ECONOMY” doomsayers offer up ONE plausible example.

What? One person is gonna “control the market” on Primal Might? On Fel Lotus? On Adamantium Ore? On uncut epic red gems?

One plausible example.
All Danarigg could say is “INFLATION, DUH.” and offer no examples.

Idk how many of these convos you’ve been in. But I’m just going to warn you that these people will never understand the severity of issues that come up with what you’re bringing up. They all think it’s just people not wanting to farm gold for their flyer, as if anyone can’t get 7k gold in a month easily already.

When it comes to ‘removing’ something from a WoW player, all their reasoning goes out the window.

3 Likes

Do you actually want an example of how inflation hurts tbc or are you just here to troll and talk in caps

1 Like

Oh look, another “MUH INFLATION” an no examples provided. ELL OH ELL.

I asked you a question…

1 Like

No, you didn’t.

There’s an entire thread of somebody else doing exactly what you’re doing now.

Here are the simple facts. One player will never control the economy of a server. However a group a players can if they so wish to. Resetting gold, taking away resources, or even wiping the slate fresh with a new realm is not going to stop them.

The Mafia is going to Mafia and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

The only thing inflation does is make the gold sinks in TBC a bit more… meh in their effectiveness.

If the Mafia wants to set the price of Fel Lotus at 100g a stack. Guess what that is exactly where is going to be regardless of what the inflation is.

Resetting the economy actually makes this worse because the non-mafia players will have less resources to work with to combat any strangleholds that happen to form up.

I asked if you actually want examples. Do you want me to explain to you what will happen with it? Or do you not care and are just here to troll and spout nonsense.

Because if you actually want help understanding I can try.

1 Like

Jeddite: Hey, could somebody provide an example of this mysterious “CONTROL OF THE ECONOMY” canard being bandied about?

Rorshak “WoUlD YoU LiKe 2 N0 HoW InFlaTIoN WoRKs?!”

That truly depends on how they roll out BC. If classic servers progress to BC you’re just removing people’s gold for “fairness” and I’m 100% against that. In this case its an already established economy and should be left untouched

Seperate servers are a seperate experience though. People bringing in 100k+ gold into a fresh economy is a horrible idea, and those players you’re talking about just don’t see that. It would completely destroy the economy from day 1

1 Like

I’m not discussing controlling the economy that’s unrealistic outside of items like black lotus.