Reset Echoes... Please

I feel its more due to the frustration of bad rng + not having enough echoes to get their essences that’s causing ppl to get upset.

This is not the catchup’s fault though. It more due to how corrupted gear and its rare essences are obtained.

Do you understand how echos work? And how acquiring them BEFORE Tuesday if you didn’t have a main worked?

And if so, please describe. Because I don’t think you understand how this basic system works.

I have guildies who have 30k to 40k right now on their mains because they had an alt that happened to have a rank 3 they didn’t have on their main.

You should be able to figure out mathematically why me, a player who doesn’t play alts… and has all essences at rank 4 almost… is behind.

Hindsight is 20/20. Blizzard should have just allowed ALL characters to earn echos regardless back in March.

I am behind because I will be missing out on immediate purchases on content that I have cleared time and time again and if you can not understand that, move on with your life.

3 Likes

I’m bummed because I was a little late to the conflict and strife party and should be getting it today. Was looking forward to purchasing it with my other toons but now the cost will go up and so I’ll have to farm to get it instead of getting it right away. I did it on a different toon than my main, who has been getting 0 echoes this whole time. How annoying.

I’m glad Blizzard is doing something to make catching up easier and very much glad the cloak is going to be easier to level (that was ridiculous for alts at this point). I just wish they would think things through a bit better. Always seems like their implementation is so wonky and haphazard.

Upvoting this purely for the golden usage:

Nya’nya’nya

To be a little fair, the corruption vendor isn’t coming out today, the changes to echoes are, meaning you can build up some before the corruptions hit the servers. And yes I get it, the people who were able to get some before will have an edge.

I am seeing players say they run this and that and have around 20K, so 1-2 weeks behind. Or one rank 3 corruption. Not much, but still behind.

Now if they told us when they released the new currency that you can save it up and get some corrupted gear later I would have played my main more, but as it stands they have zero and unless Blizzard reset it all to zero I am going to keep that character parked and focus on my alt army.

You are behind because some of your guildies have echoes, even though they may not have been lucky with the RNG corrupted gear but just the fact they have echoes and you don’t means you are behind?

What is the race you are running? Who has the most currency?

That 40k advantage would allow me to purchase all the corrution I want for pushing high keys.

I realize I’m in the top 1% or top 0.1% of people that are doing 23s and higher but it’s still a burn from blizzard.

2 Likes

If someone (like me) has 30k echoes it will take someone like the OP 48 horrific visions to catch up. Maybe 36 if we’re generous about getting echoes from other sources. That’s 3 visions a week for 12 weeks, which is closer to 3 months behind.

People were complaining about mains not getting echoes from the start. People were raising the flag to Blizzard, “hey, if you use this currency in the future it’s going to really be a bummer for some people who are not accruing it right now.” They chose to completely ignore this and move forward anyway. I don’t get it. I mean, ok, changing the costs and rate of acquisition addresses it some, but not really. What’s more is that we had less than a day to prepare. Yeah, go buy your r3 essences right away…well, some of us don’t play 24/7 and could’ve used the reset to make sure to do this.

2 Likes

Yes clearly. You caught me. Clearly you don’t understand there are people that are pushing keys higher than a 2 key.

1 Like

They said they do all content though, not just horrific visions.

I think they are delaying most of the proposed changes unless I am mistaken.

I looked at your armory when I looked at your gear. I don’t understand and I probably never will understand what you think you are behind in.

The wheel is turning but your hamster is dead ma’dam.

Move on from me since you can’t figure it out.

1 Like

Yup, that’s how you can get down from needing 48 visions to 36 visions to catch up.

The race is that people like me with 30k echoes can go and buy 2-4 corruptions of my choice and slap them on my gear immediately. Those who have 0 echoes because they already had all essences maxed out get nothing out of the gate.

Yes, everyone is going to do that anyway, but some people get a 2-3 month headstart on having their ideal corruption on gear. That ideal corruption will make 2-3 months of mythic+, raids, and pvp easier.

Are you competing with that person in that race they are running?

Also where are you getting the numbers from.

You don’t know that.

Maybe your corruption doesn’t show up in the first 2-3 weeks.

Yes 10 char

Awesome, what exactly are you doing and how are you competing with them and what do you win if you come first.