Rescue Laurent from the Ember Ward to continue the campaign

The problem that needs fixing is that other covenants can get their “complete chapter 7” gear set upgrades this week and some of us cannot.

We can get to 7/9 this week, just like every other covenant. We can upgrade our gear to Rank 5/ilvl 184 this week as well. If you’re still 6/9 and you think you finished the quests, you probably need to go back to the Chalice District where you last saw Kael, and kill a Blackbale Racketeer to get another quest to continue chapter 7. This is unrelated to the topic’s “Rescue Laurent” problem that seems to most likely just be a display bug.

I’m thinking the campaign text is incorrect. I think it should say something about getting the next rank of renown level rather than saving Laurent.

He’s already present in my covenant and I recall during the mirrors when I was doing parts of the campaign.

1 Like

Pretty much right. This is the stop point at Renown 18, the renown we’re suppose to be maxed at for this week across all covenants. It’s really just incorrect text. It may or not become an actual issue by Tuesday.

Happening to me too :frowning:

I am on Chapter 6/9- and I am trying to unlock 7. Do you know how many of the Blackbale racketeers you have to kill before it drops? Is it only the racketeers? I also have the message to rescue Laurent to continue campaign.

The best part is, I reported this in beta.

I’m not really sure, when I did it the item dropped for me as I was doing the previous quest, but I’ve seen posts on wowhead from others who missed it. I remember thinking it was a bit odd to have a campaign quest start from an item drop.

Night Fae doesn’t unlock the full set after chapter 7 either.

I don’t think anyone does. Kyrian don’t get their chest until next chapter, so I can imagine seeing a bunch of Kyrians with the helm and shoulders might make you think they have the entire set since Venthyr don’t have shoulders yet, but nobody has their entire set yet.

For me I hadn’t completed the mirror questline, If you haven’t already you might want to check at 24.2, 49.5 That is where I found Laurent and Simone, and got the quests “light punishment” and “When Only Ash Remains” which continues the mirror questline.

Yeah this is BS. That keeps people from being able to continue their storyline and upgrade gears. I highly doubt this is how it was designed

1 Like

This quest is doable. At one point around Renown 16-17 the campaign quest ends, and you can talk to Laurent in ember ward. He has a small quest chain, which ends with 2 quests to gather anima and 10 mirror shards, then protect him an Simone. After that turn in, he goes into Sanctum. Talk to him, and he sends you out for mirror network quests to two spots. I did this part at Renown 19.

i already did all that but its still bugged

same! i did all that and it still says i need to rescue laurent even tho i already did

Confirmed, reached renowned 20 and got the next chapter quests, is nto the chain that is bugged, just the display of the quests. Instead of saying progress you renown, says got rescue laurent. so Keep calm and progress your renown.

2 Likes

Do we need the “Mirror’s Edge” sanctum upgrade for this quest to be available?

There is a bug patch from today that should remove this issue, but probably wont actually happen until restarts.

Lvl 23 renown trying to get chapter 9 questline going, hit 22 & 23 today, but then started getting same message as above about needing to rescue him. So it’s been a week since the last post on here, Is this going to fix itself or what do i do, i really needed to get the chpt9 stuff done b4 raid, now it looks like im goning to be screwed for a whole week. Any Help?

1 Like

Hi, Renown 22 and same problem. Some seem to be able to do it and some are stuck like me.