Rescue Laurent from the Ember Ward to continue the campaign

renown 23 today and im getting the same message. Do I just wait a week?

1 Like

Hello there!
I had the same issues and went back to do the quest line: Mirror Making, Not Breaking - Quest - World of Warcraft (wowhead.com)
I noticed that I had not finished the side quest that was needed.

Quest Name: Start and description
1 An Unfortunate Situation Quest start from Laurent 26 49 Revendreth. Defeat Costel 29 48 and recover Laurent’s Belongings.
2 Foraging for Fragments Follow Laurent and pick up Mirror Fragment.
3 Moving Mirrors Free Simone by pressing on mirrors.
4 Light Punishment Free 5 Blistering Outcast by pressing on mirrors.
5 When Only Ash Remains Kill 10 Ashen Ravagers.
6 Escaping the Master Collect 10 Mirror Fragment is drop from mobs.
7 We Need More Power Collect anima until 100% you can pick them up only from Anima Stores.
8 Mirror Making, Not Breaking Follow Laurent to 24 50. Then speak with Laurent and defend him until 100% That is finishing this Storyline. You will learn The Lost of Art of Mirrors.
9 Likes

Been looking around for any answer as to why I’m stuck 8/9 so I’m guessing I’m just timegated a week and behind even though I’m renown 23.

It’s really unfortunate though as I think if that is the case they could’ve done a much better job of telegraphing and explaining what’s happening or what needs to be done instead of something that may cause such confusion. Guess I’ll just wait a week and hope that is the case.

Thanks for the Info completed it and now i can progress in the Campaign

Go to https://www.wowhead.com/quest-completion-tracker. see what part of the questline you are on and then use wowhead to find the questgiver again. i just found them at 24,49. on quest light punishment and & when only ash remains. hope this helps. good luck

This is not a bug. You need to a guest called “An Unfortunate Situation”. This is a side quest. On my main, I did all my side quests my first time through, but on an alt, I did not do all the side quests. Once you complete this questline, you should not have a problem moving on with the campaign.

2 Likes