Rescue Laurent from the Ember Ward to continue the campaign

From what I can see, Venthyr does not get shoulders until chapter 8, I have the same message too and just seems like a bug in the text, we just need to get to 20 next week to start chapter 8.

My bet is that text should not be sitting there… that the quest, like all the covenant line, is time gated. My guess is through some means we don’t know, we can pick it up next week. AND complete that chapter (via a whole bunch of quests) and I bet you gain a renown. Along with the capture of soils in the maw, that is how we get our 2 renown levels next week.

IMO

Is Renown 18 the cap this week?

Yes it is.

1 Like

Got the same problem in needing to rescue Laurent from the Ember Ward but I have done so. Sucks we can’t go further.

For anyone that was just as confused as I was trying to “Rescue Laurent”. You will just have to wait till next week to complete it, for some reason the UI is saying to “Rescue Laurent” but that’s not the actual requirement, and we all just have to wait till next week and wait for the weekly quest to reset to get pass Renown 18

7 Likes

Ya, its mildly confusing but the renown window says R19 is the next quest unlock.

Rescuing Laurent is part of Campaign chapter 8/9: Envy. In order to do that quest you need to have 20 renown.
We’re time-gated to only being able to receive up to 18 renown this week.
Next week (week 7) we can receive up to 22. Meaning, we have to wait until next week to rescue Laurent.

4 Likes

Was this issue ever resolved, or is it just worded poorly and I have to wait until Tuesday?

Edit: I just read the response above mine. Thank you

upgrade your mirror network to get the quest

1 Like

It is 100% a bug.

I have already rescued Laurent. I’m 7/9 in the campaign and there are two more “Unlocks next campaign chapter” Renown levels.

You can also kill Dredgers carrying crates of weapons. :slight_smile:

For clarity — i posted that w/o fully completing thought. You can kill Dredgers w/ crates for the MLDXN Weapon quest. i’m still on the hunt for Laurent issue. lol.

It would be up to R21 next week since it is 3 per week.

you dont get the next part of the quest until Renown chapter 20…

So after some playing around and some research, I think I got it figured out. The bug is gone once I did this questline. https://www.wowhead.com/quest=57532/foraging-for-fragments

Once I finished that he gave me a quest in my Covalent hall to do some more mirror quests. Basically it either unlocks or is part of the travel network I think.

2 Likes

Pretty poor form since it prevents us from our gear upgrades :confused:

I got him into my sanctum and did those 2 mirror activations, did not complete chapter 7 of campaign and still says i have to save him from the place i already saved him from. Still bugged.

Im hoping they fix this or it resolves itself before reset, have like 5 pieces waiting to upgrade after finishing quest and will really help pugging for mythic +

There isn’t much to fix. It’s a display bug. It should say “You must increase your Renown to progress the campaign.”

The next chapter isn’t available yet. Chapter 8 will happen at 20 Renown (Next week) and Chapter 9 at 22 (the week after).