"Requires Level 70" Issues since 10.2.7 Release

I just tried the rostrum and the valdrakken portal from org on my 63 horde warlock and both worked without issue. They were both locked to level 70 as of last night.

I also have the dragon isles icon on my minimap again.

Interesting. I just tried again on the monk and itā€™s no good. My mage is 63, and it doesnā€™t work for her.

In case itā€™s server-specific, I tried my 67 paladin on another server, no luck there.

In case itā€™s faction-specific, I tried my 68 Horde warlock (on a third server), no luck there.

I note by the way: Sheā€™s got her winding slitherdrake displaying Void skin, which shows that I was able to select it on her after I completed the Harbinger quest on a 70 the other day, so the Rostrum (and Iā€™m guessing portals, world quest rewards, etc.) definitely broke after the 10.2.7 patch and not when it dropped.

You might try deleting the cache folder in the retail subfolder of your WoW installation (I also moved the WTF folder and Addons folder out to the desktop, but then put them back after loading the game, checking for the DF button, and then closing the game again, so IDK if that part was really necessary).

I had to do that just now to see the Dragon Isles minimap button again. IDK about the rest of itā€”the Rostrum or the portalsā€”but the button is back, and the WQ rewards are displaying properly now as well.

4 Likes

Holy crap! It worked!

I just deleted the Cache folder ā€“ did not touch my WTF or Addons folders, figured Iā€™d just try Cache first ā€“ and now rostrum and portals work and WQ rewards look like normal!

Spread the word, folks! Thanks, Mystraele!

3 Likes

Some things seem fixed after the maintenance for my characters between 60 and 69, like the reknown button is showing on my minimap, but unable to do the weekly quests which is a huge bummer especially for timewalking.

Can confirm, deleting just the Cache folder fixed most of, if not all, level 70 required bug issues.

2 Likes

This is a good workaround for ā€œA New Set of Hornsā€ turn-in.

This worked too! Thank you!

Deleting my Cache folder worked. Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like