REQUEST: "unique" KSM mount for patch 9.2

That’s actually cool lol, legit or photoshop?

You get credit for collecting a new mount. If you’re a mount collector, you care that your number just went up by 1.

Maybe they should create a unique, outstanding time-limited mount and give it only to the top 3 scorers in the game. Wouldn’t that bring players back to the game? /s

New model? Can you expand on that because im not sure what youre referring to
Seasonal pvp armour sets have been recolours of raid tier since like WoD S2 or S3, and mounts have all been recolours of existing mounts (except for shadowlands) with armour added onto them (netherwings, frostwyrms, twilight drakes, cloud serpents, gronns, storm drakes, proto drakes)

The vicious mounts, which have actually been really unique in some cases.

1 Like

Nah, just some lazy hue change really lol

Oh those, yeah i miss when the vicious wolf/steed were rare-ish and character specific lol

I wouldn’t call them truly unique though since multiple of the vicious models exist ingame in non armoured version. Vicious warsaber/warhorse might be the exception, and of course vicious wolf/steed when those released until wod made like 10 reskins of the wolf

If m+ got an equivalent participation trophy mount for completing a dungeon above 500 IO it would follow the same trend of just adding glowing swirls like the ksm mounts onto wolves and horses

I’m not thinking of any other :thinking:

Edit: vicious hippo i don’t think exists elsewhere

Where is this from? I’m not too savvy with digging thru wowhead to find buried/hidden stuff

Usually I just skim the front page

What expansion are you playing where leveling sets look like that?

Never seen glowing wolf pelts, mirrors covering the face, or anything half that fancy on any of the leveling gear before.

Also PvP gets a unique mount every season, not sure why it’s a lot to ask M+ does too.

Yeah I meant more as like they’re unique for each season as in it’s not just a recoloring of the same mount the entire xpac. Although they did have the war saber/skeletal horse recolors

1 Like

Not about a mount, but this has been an issue two expansions in a row, now with inscription.

Two inks in BfA had icons so similar in color (one slightly darker red than the other) that it was really hard to tell them apart. We had a blue ink, a green ink, a red ink, and another slightly darker red ink. Really? You couldn’t make it yellow or purple?

Same in Shadowlands. Two of the three inks we use have icons SO CLOSE that you really can’t tell them apart except one is green quality and the other is common. The border on the icon is how you tell them apart. They’re both a light peach color. The third ink is a darker, almost red color. Seriously?

It’s sheer laziness.

With mounts, it’s even more egregious. Sure. Give us recolors…but use DIFFERENT colors in the recolor.

What were the mount rewards for the first couple seasons in BfA and Legion?

The oribos cloth set looks very similar to the cloth tier sets shown is probably what he’s implying. Also the general aesthetic of the other sets are similar to the leveling gear.

Idk why you are even bringing this up sarcastically as far as I know there is no precident for anything of the sort in game.

They are giving a title to the top .1% of mythic+ scores. Do you think that is going to bring in new players to the game, turn players who never do mythic+ into those who do, or turn those who do mythic+ but don’t push keys into key pushers?

In fact, as casuals continue to leave, linking it to a percentage basis of mythic+ participants means that even fewer (in number) will get this title as the overall population declines. And they are doing nothing to change that.

That and the fact that the future seems to hold an ever increasing emphasis on FOMO as a means of retaining people who that appeals to. Which, again, has no appeal to new players and will bring no one into the game.

Isn’t there a gladiator title? I don’t pvp but from what my friends have told me there is. It’s just the same but for m+

Gladiator title hasn’t changed. The mythic+ title is a brand new thing. They are, however, giving more gear ranks to top performers in PvP, which will arguably make PvP far worse for many players who are not in that position. My feeling is that these changes are intended to motivate the top elite players who are leaving just like players of all sorts, despite the fact that devs thought they were giving them exactly what was needed to encourage them to play.

1 Like

lol @Wariya

I think the Ele mounts are actually pretty neat looking, despite having never gone for KSM myself.

But yes I do agree with you that a UNIQUE modeled mount for completing an actual difficult portion of the game is worthy of something new!

MoP Phoenixes? Some cool stuff like that would be awesome!

Right. So they are adding a m+ title to match glad. I don’t see how this is a big deal.
For people who want to push for it it is something to do. For those that don’t they will continue as before just like I do with glad.

They made a big deal about it. Did you miss that?

The number of players who will be getting it is directly proportional to the number of participants. Since the number of elite keypushers is a tiny part of the group “people who ever do keys”, as the number of casuals leaving the game increases, the number of elites who will receive that title is going to drop dramatically. The only people the addition of this title will effect is the tiny percentage of the playerbase that push keys.

Now personally, I think it makes sense to try to get as many players as possible to play. You don’t agree, so we can just leave it at that.

Who are “they” the players or Blizzard?
For players like me (almost 2600 and aiming higher) it is a big deal. It gives me a goal. For players who don’t key thebeaybibdont pvp it irrelevant.
Blizzard made a big deal over a selfie camera in a game where you can press screenshot on your keyboard. I wouldn’t take them trying to hype something as anything meaningful at all.

I never said that. I would appreciate you not trying to put words in my mouth thanks.

Yes and no one is complaining about gladiator so why would anyone complain about this?