REQUEST: "unique" KSM mount for patch 9.2

That ain’t blue its green

I’m cool with recolors but having all sets across the board for all classes be the same color scheme is so lame.

1 Like

This is the correct answer.

OP wasn’t asking for an explanation for why they give us recolored ones each season. They were asking Blizz to break that mold and give the players something unique.

1 Like

Yeah, and it’s pretty obvious that they’re following the same rule they use for PvP: Every expansion has a unique model, every patch has a unique tint of that model.

Yeah that is pretty obvious. Probably why OP made the thread in the first place.

They can make unique models and throw them in the store but give us recolors as rewards for actual content. It’s a legitimate complaint lol

Agreed.
People are sick of the same models with different colors. There is even a middle ground here where blizz could use the same base models but allowed the mounts to have unique glows/animations/ even customizations, but they won’t because that means they would have to work. Plus their technology is so antiquated that their systems couldn’t handle the modifications in the first place.

What’s weird is that pvp actually does get a new model each season in addition to the Gladiator mount which is unfortunately recolored.

Mythics just get stuck with a recolor and that’s it.

1 Like

I think it truly boils down to blizz just not wanting to spend some of the billions of dollars they’ve earned from the game to upgrade their platform and systems. This is blatant when you see the art of the new sets verse the sets in game.
The leading reason for limitations is always tech limitations. So when you don’t upgrade, your game becomes stagnant.
That’s wow atm.

1 Like

If we do get a recolor could it actually be a drastically different color? Assuming of course that it is a recolor instead of something different for variety.

1 Like

I mean the art quality is fine I think. They clearly have the tech to make some great stuff but it’s just the lack of creativity.

Unfortunately it’s hard to point the finger at someone because we don’t actually know who to blame. Is it solely the art teams fault? Maybe they’re being directed by upper management to make all the sets the same color or theme. We just don’t know who’s at fault.

1 Like

Agreed.

I think it’s a failure at all levels.

I think the reason people are up in arms this time is that usually you can tell each season’s mount apart easily. While you still can, the color swap was barely a tint swap this time. Looks very close to identical for both PvE and PvP this time around.

1 Like

Maybe we’ll get this mount for time-walking Shadowlands several expansions from now. I’m very doubtful this would be the KSM mount. The mounts have so far been color-coded to the seasonal affix. Sintouched was color-coded for Prideful, and Soultwisted was colored coded for Tormented. Most likely we will get a recolor using Gold + Black + Teal coloration.

I really hope that isn’t next season because it genuinely looks exactly like Season 2’s mount

Frankly ksm gets easier with each patch, not harder. I’m actually in favor of them just having a mount for the final patch ksm, just like they do with aotc.

1 Like

I want that

Or increase the difficulty of KSM.

The green one is the season 2 mount.

It is the same color of Consumption a rare in Korthia.

Ok you got me its greenish blue, :angry: