Request: Bring Back GDKP for Phase 3 (4 now)

MS>OS where everyone rolls on even the most marginal of upgrades is not a fun pug raiding experience either. Bring back GDKP.

3 Likes

This is a pretty ignorant assumption. Over the last 5 years in classic I’ve met more players who were gold buyers in Loot Council guilds than I met who bought gold in GDKPs. It’s honestly very clear you have no idea what your talking about.

1 Like

it takes over all experiences - why do anything but when GDKPs always reward you for your time. Nothing else compares.

1 Like

Wow. In my past 5 years of experience, I’ve met far more players who were gold buyers in gdkp guilds!!

And the guy who ran the gdkps was a major gold seller.

It’s pretty ignorant and it’s honestly very clear you have no idea what you’re talking about.

6 Likes

If the RMT is the part that bothers you than maybe you should encourage them to crack down on that instead.

If anything banning GDKPs for the sole purpose of limiting RMT is them admitting they can’t properly enforce their own ToS and they instead had to limit a symptom rather than the real problem.

Go after the bots and the sellers/buyers instead of the players. And if what you say is actually true and they are all just swipers then GDKP would all collapse overnight.

1 Like

been a huge w so far

7 Likes

Yeah people are forgetting that because that stuff was clearly happening even without it lmao

Amen brother

I found you fun and interesting. Now I no longer do.

Retail has no GDKP, you know ?

Because the rampant botting clearly slowed down right?

All it really did was stop the rate of gold inflation.

“Huge W”

P3 is already slated to be incredibly rocky. An undesirable level bracket with a raid that most people don’t even enjoy the instance variant of… With 20mans, 7 day lockouts, etc? More STV event that people already don’t enjoy? Datamined runes/changes showing no improvement to lowest performing classes game wide? Invalidating every Alliance-benefit racial/spell such as Salv, Fear Ward, Sword Spec, etc - leaving complete 100% Horde dominance due to racial inequality + map economy/mobility?

PLUS launching during PoE season launch week - which Blizzard has repeatedly shown inability to take the player’s attention from PoE with their content (diablo 4, dragonflight raids, wotlk, etc) - weeks 1-3 are going to be VERY anemic.

THEN add in that dual spec isn’t going to be a “discovery”, quest line, or anything realistic but just a generic boring 50 gold sink cost?

Re-implementing RMTKP may actually kill SoD. GDKP being banned is the single silver lining SoD has going for it atm.

4 Likes

GDKPs and cheating are inseparable. The facts have been laid bare by the lead developer. Unfortunately, the GDKP community was unable to say no to illicit 3rd party gold. There are other version of the game that allow GDKP if you need it to enjoy the game. Retail and WOTLK still allow people to RMT for gear. Perhaps try those versions. Its time to move on from GDKP if you want to SoD. GDKPs have been a cancer directly leading to and covering up illicit activity aka cheating.

7 Likes

Sod let’s you rmt for gear.

A lot of bis is boe.

Please explain. Are you saying that you RMT for BOE gear in SoD?

1 Like

If they bring it back, if someone gets banned for gold buying, the entire raid should then be banned with their money and items stripped. It’ll put an end to illicit gold buying quickly.

3 Likes

Stopped the aq40 bypass pretty quick.

Iirc they banned the entire guild for being complicit.

That is the only way I would advocate for GDKP to return: if there’s illicit gold in the pot, everyone who received part of the pot gets the same ban as the buyer.

If we think Log-checking for Pugs is bad; imagine the McCarthyism in the GDKP scene if everyone’s account was at risk because of a commi…err…gold buyer in the raid.

(It wouldn’t work because the amount of ‘falsely banned’ threads would spike and it would be bad for business and image for blizzard, but it would be a hilarious bonfire to watch.)

3 Likes

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Anyone claiming they were falsely banned would simply have to realize they were in a GDKP and received illicit gold. It’s like when you see them say “I got banned for the words I used, I didn’t say anything!” Then the forum moderators come in to explain how they used some extremely racist, sexist, or other terrible words. You get what you put out.

2 Likes

It’s very popular with swipers.

2 Likes