Request: Bring Back GDKP for Phase 3 (4 now)

It isn’t specifically noted in the ToS is it? Please reference when you get a moment, because I can’t find it.

How about this then: Sod Server with gdkp and sod server without gdkp. You can stay on your server, I can play on both.

Let’s see where the cards lay.

You’ll see if you get banned, and there’s your answer

Yes. But this is the same problem as classic to begin with. These players want you to play exclusively their way. They also don’t want you to have any other option except to play there way, for fear of player bleed. It always breaks down to insecurity. Fear of others being ahead, being "left behind, fear of inadequacy essentially.

I’m afraid that if others have choices, they won’t pick my choice. Same reason these exact posters decree in game polls. Now why would you ever do that huh?

It’s exactly why we didn’t get classic for 15 years.

Hey, I’m really glad you took the time to write this post. This post of yours has made me think more than any other post here in this entire thread. That must have been a horrible gaming experience for you and no one should ever have to experience what you did. Fortunately for me, when it comes to GDKPs, I’ve had the complete opposite experience as you have, even with my friends quitting with the GDKP ban which you can view in my earlier posts in this thread or post history, but that’s not what I want to get into right now.

Oh man. I just wanted to discuss the SoD economy. This wasn’t the aspect of GDKP I was anticipating on discussing, but here we are. Your post alone has convinced me that GDKP, in its current form, should never exist in any iteration of WoW. I don’t want any player to experience what you went through.

For every single one of us who are in favor or against GDKPs, I believe we all have a common enemy: Predatory GDKPs. By predatory, I mean the very same toxic GDKPs that you mentioned who are asking for budgets and intentionally seeking out “whales”. I’ve recently found myself hating these predatory GDKPers probably more than anyone else here.

Anyway, I have to continue with what I believe is right, so… by now, we all know that GDKP itself isn’t the issue. When it comes down to it, GDKP is just a loot system, and just like any other system, it shouldn’t be banned. It should be regulated.

With GKDPs around, what if we banned all advertisements of GDKP in all forms of public chat in game? I think that RMT is a MUCH larger issue in these predatory GDKPs. This GDKP ad ban would heavily restrict their goals and should cut down on the majority of predatory GKDPs, while protecting all the regular pugs in trade chat/LFG, and also allowing legitimate and privately organized GDKPs to continue. Do you think this would improve your experience with the game in phase 1?

PS: All the GDKPs I participated in during P1 had an average pot size of around 100g. I would have liked to invite you to those.

I still don’t get it. What does a GDKP ban have to do with my questions? How are the two connected?

Start a new realm that gdkp is only allowed in that realm will be a good idea.

1 Like

That would have been a much more effective experimental test that would yield more accurate data for us to see the differences between servers with raid activity, inflation, etc.

If this current GDKP ban was a test, what are we even testing?

Seems like the sentiment is changing. Grass isn’t greener on the other side.

It’s not hard to make gold in any sense in P3 to afford your consumes, stop trying to gaslight people.

Your mental stability.

You are correct, it is not “hard” to make gold as you can just spam incursions. It is time consuming and that is the problem. Instead of having multiple methods of making gold at arguably competitive gpm we now have only one method of making gold efficiently as Incursions out pace every other gold making method and by a large margin.

If you only have an few hours a week outside of your raid night you fall much further behind on gold than you would have pre incusions.

Pre incursion
Player A: farms 10g an hour doing X has an hour to play a night (70g by end of week)
Player B: farms 11g an hour doing y has 4 hours a night to play (308g by end of week)

Post Incursions
Player A: makes 100g doing incursions 1 hour a night (700g by weeks end)
Player B: makes 400g doing incursions 4 hours a night (2800g by weeks end)

Difference in gold pre incursions: 238g
Post incursions difference: 2100g difference

Not exact numbers, just intending to illustrate the issue. Hopefully this makes things more understandable.

If your reason for GDKPs existing is because you “don’t have enough time” why are you playing the version of the game that requires a commitment to make any progress at all, that’s just a lapse in logic in itself

You also already have multiple outlets to make gold, you just want one that requires little to no effort to reap from gold buyers.

So no I don’t see how this “makes things more understandable.”

You’ve made up your mind so it doesn’t matter what I or anyone else says. If they disagree or hold a different opinion they are a gold buyer or want to benefit from gold buyers. I’d ask you to try and be a bit more open minded.

I never said anything about a reason for GDKP existing, in fact I never said anything in my post about GDKP. My post was about inflation and the effects of Incursions widening the gap of wealth between players with more time vs players with less. Again you are correct that making gold is easy, but the ease of making has created its own problem via inflation/the devaluing of said gold.

You are also correct that I personally don’t have a lot of time to play the game, I never said anything about my specific circumstances however so that was a bit odd. And why am I playing this version of the game? I play it because I enjoy it. I started playing wow in 04 and classic through Wotlk have been my favorite times in the game. Your whole bit about lacking time making playing something I enjoy being a lapse in logic is also pretty weird.

I’m really confused how you came to your response, you seem to be heavily emotionally invested in your point of view. GDKP is tangentially related, I do want GDKP back but I’m also not against it being banned to test how that effects the social structure and guilds and if it is in fact making catching gold buyers easier.

Anyway hopefully this helps further clarify. If not, then best of luck to you.

Amazing that the argument against GDKP is no longer about buying gold. How could it be? Gold buying is more common than before… Instead we’re debating farming gold vs getting a gdkp payout. How does that have anything to do with the ban?

2 Likes

It is? How do you know?

I won’t claim to know one way or the other, but with current inflation caused by Incursions I can definitely see the argument that the incentive to buy is greater.

Do you think the people who had no issues buying gold for gdkps which buying gold was already against the TOS all of a sudden have an issue buying it now that gdkps are banned?

Do you not see that for most classes there is like 5,000 gold in bis BOE items off the AH?

So do you think removing GDKPSs somehow removed the need to buy gold?

3 Likes

Exactly the point I’ve been making since January when they first announced this cringe policy. Bots farmers don’t care about the ban, at all. They are making more money now than they did in P1.

1 Like

then by your definition you should be against the AH,Consumes,BoEs,Mounts and Professions as those too also go hand in hand with RMT

lets be real here, the anti GDKP people were never trying to stop GDKP because some people RMT. that was just the crutch they used to push what they really wanted, and that was simply to push around others… they are just like those losers in school that become cops simply to be able to feel powerful and push people around and thats all this is
they are nobodies IRL so they want a outlet

4 Likes