Request: Bring Back GDKP for Phase 3 (4 now)

Hello, cute Luigi

1 Like

Yeah, the whole pug scene is noticeably more active with GDKPs around.

There’s one thing that I’ve never seen anyone on these forums mention. There are many legitimate DKP guilds that struggle with putting together an alt run, not to mention the chore of having to use an alternate loot system because it’s an alt run. It was much much easier for guilds to host GDKP runs for their alts instead and also used this as a way to scout out new recruits.

This was how I was recruited into one of the top guilds on my server back then and used DKP for our main runs and GDKP runs for our alts. There were many in our guild who found themselves enjoying the alt runs more than our main runs :slight_smile:

I preferred playing my carry healer for extra gold and the opportunity to get offspec items that I wouldn’t be able to roll on in a ms/os raid.

I also dont like playing with rmt players, and I feel like it poisons the pool.

Your point is mute to Gdkp enjoyers-
Stop oppressing my people. Try to make better points with less blanket assumptions.

If people only play to get paid they are doing it wrong. Also I don’t raid to be carried, I raid cuz it’s fun to do so.

Godspeed, and I hope if there is a legit form of GDKP that shows up and is officially supported that the bad actors don’t ruin this one for you as they ruined the first form of GDKP.

BoP gear…

A GDKP raider never touches the BoP gear, neither does someone on the AH? That’s also not the point of the question you linked. I literally asked about the acquisition of the gold and understanding where it came from.

Your sunglasses are on point fam.

how about this then. gdkp is against tos bottom line, end of discussion

Have a nice day.

I do neither myself… however, you saying the way YOU play should dictate how others play?

Just try running a GDKP and you’ll have your answer, if you’re that curious.

What would running a GDKP answer and what does that have to do with my question? Can you elaborate?

GDKPS took over classic, tbc & wrath. you have your own product to run gdkps in. Leave sod, you dont like sod you like the flashing your gold in bags experience. go to the super destroyed economy games wrath or classic and sit there and realize this is the reality your playstyle created. have fun paying 700% markup for raid consumes weekly.

honestly i see you asking for this to trade your sod gold for wrath to get ready for cata gdkps. no thanks

you can gdkp in classic or wrath. leave sod alone

lol crap aint cheap in sod with out gdkps the mark up is real, cause all these players have made 1000’s of gold from no kill loops and other means simple as just questing the pay is huge now. So ya SOD prices aint no better then tbc/wrath

its dying cuz pvp is in a complete state of horde favor. When you kill end game content for 3 phases whos gonna play the game

No. Forget GDKP and anyone who wants it. go play classic era. bots and gdkp can go f off.

Hi Wiglop. I’ve seen various posts that bring up the economy in the same way that you do, and I’d really like to understand the thought process behind it.

So far, what I’m understanding is that a good economy has low prices and a bad economy has high prices. Does that sound about right? Is there anything more you’d like to add about what creates a healthy in-game economy?

yea but first let me give you a a quick read
When i first started wow in 2019 i never touched the product before. When i got to max level and wanted to raid. there was not a single raid that would take nor guild. I had spent 15 days in game time getting to 60 and once i was pre raid bis, i had spent nearly 2 days of gametime looking for a raid. I had less than 100 gold in my bags and 60% mount. All the raids i looked for were GDKP or GBIDS only the GBIDS wouldnt reply to taking me and the gdkps kept asking how much gold i had, not knowing the process of a gdkp. i assumed it was some type of clear type. There was no such thing as a MS > OS or any sort of its type. If i tried to join a guild i was met with some undesirable people i did not want to socialize with. Once i was accepted to a gdkp a desperate one be it that. I made it through the entire raid performing quite well for being in only pre raid bis with world buffs / consumes. I had performed as top 3 dps. The cut was top 5 dps / tanks / heals with some %. I did not bid on any item due to it being outside my price range rather quickly. Remember i had 100g nearly. Most items that were bid off were to the price range of 1-5k. At the end of the raid, when cuts were being distributed. I was jerked out of my cut, My dps on a raid logging site (warcraft logs) showed i was not only top 3 dps but nearly 2nd dps only a few hundred dps under the next mage. The raid leader assuming i didnt know these tools existing said i was lying and i had no way of proving. i posted the link, Instantly i was ignored by raid lead. and following that shortly after i was banned from the game from being mass reported by players in the raid that were the raid leads friend. I put down the game at that point for a few months i was so frustrated to spend all that time leveling, gearing up, getting world buffs, performing extremely well for my first wow raid and then being met by that. The overall experience is insanely toxic for what wow i believe was meant to be. The only thing these gdkps are good for is to pump BS gold into the economy, help lazy players farm the gold to kill the open world, be ran by toxic egotistical maniacs who have nothing to show irl, and not even play the game to gear a toon that wont even play in BG matches, just afk in and then meme people for not having good loot. Its beyond toxic and not needed in the game. It in 2 other game versions of wow CLASSIC AND WRATH. THOSE GAMES HAVE GDKPS GO PLAY THOSE GAMES IF YOU WANT THEM BUT REMEMBER YOURE PAYING NEARLY 700% MARK UP PRICES FOR CONSUMES, Flask of supreme power in classic at its worst was 72g i believe the average going price on a classic era server is 700g+. I dont want to deal with insanely high prices of items to go raid in these version of wow, i wont swipe my card and i certainly wont run / join a gdkp to make that kind of gold just to raid. Items in phase 1 BFD were getting to the price range of 600g in a level 25 raid !!! i will not stand for that kind of behavior on this sod game. Its unhealthy and unfair to the majority of the player base who d not want to do or be apart of that kind of wow.

I had mom and dad gamer friends in phase 1 of wow that couldnt join pugs bc they were all gdkps and had no idea of the concept and were not interested. along side guilds not taking them to raid because of conflicting schedule or lack of game knowledge / skill. Theyve long quit the game now believing gdkps still run the game, imagine having to call up a bud and say “hey man that sod game got rid of gdkps, come back to play”? its a joke!

Ban bots with gms in game and perma ban gold buyers
now i understand perma banning a player will take away that player from the game and possibly their friends. however i say so long to that type of player. If their friends or that player likes the game enough for what it is, they will come back. (this includes people from cross game / realm gold trading. (I.E WTT WHITEMANE GOLD FOR FAERLINA GOLD)
Keep banning gold buyers till their existence is null. The only gold on the server should be farmed on the server in that current version of the game. strip ALL gold from players who server transfer as well. Then and only then will i happily accept gdkps in the current game. YOU EARNED THAT GOLD LEGIT, YOU CAN USE IT ANY FORM YOU WANT INCLUDING GDKPs. At the end of the day i am going to contradict myself and say if you want gdkps fine but only if the servers are watched like a hawk, all gold buyers are banned Aswell as the bots. otherwise get lost! you have 2 whole other products of wow to run your gdkps. STOP TAKING OVER WOW RELEASES AND KILLING THE SERVERS MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE TO RAID FOR CASUAL JOES WHO DO NOT WANT TO SWIPE TO RAID!

Ballers in chat