Request: Bring Back GDKP for Phase 3 (4 now)

Lots of people are, ackshually.

Their GDKP only pays out 2 gold and is totes legit.

The answer is still no, join a guild if you wanta community or go back to wrath of lich king servers. stop crying about GDKPs that system is bad and will always be bad has long has players can have unlimited gold with real money.

What’s preventing me from just reaching out to a RL on discord offering to Venmo him for a raid spot and loot prio?

Can’t I completely skip the gold part and still have mass success in RMT goals?

I didn’t skirt around anything. There are things in place that help combat illicit gold on the AH. Are they perfect? No.

There is far more visibility and with the 1 hour wait, it gives Blizzard time to investigate the sale. Again. not perfect, but far less off the rails than you are trying to claim it is.

Have you see the going rate for a Righteous Orb?

nothing, but go ahead do that. I for once dont want to return to not find a group that is GDKP so thank god they put that new rule in.

But whats the difference for you between someone joining a GDKP or just paying the raid directly?

You mean the item that drops off of 1 mob currently in the game, making it an extremely rare item currently?

The level hyperbole is off the scales with you.

1 Like

You are being ignorant on purpose.

If I sell a high ticket item, like a Righteous orb, is Blizzard going to take that gold from me?

Why would they take the gold from you if you legitimately farmed it and the buyer legitimately paid for it?

You’re the one who is being ignorant here buddy.

Go back and read.

If the purchaser of the orb got that gold illegally, am I as the seller receiving the gold for my legal farm, going to have that gold removed from my inventory/mail?

Do you see how now I, the seller, have massively benefited from RMT indirectly and in a way that doesn’t violate ToS?

I the seller, now have thousands of gold, which will cause direct issues on other players in the economy.

Glad to see someone still fighting the good fight for GDKP.
Especially with how insane the economy has become this phase. A lot of players really need it back as it was the primary source of gold for many. Can’t afford enchants or consumes as things are now.

1 Like

They refuse to recognize a vast majority of the economy that is tied up in raid preparations and it’s incentive for RMT.

And again, the hour wait is there to try and catch these illicit transactions. What part of that do you not care to understand?

I can’t answer exactly how Blizzard takes these instances into consideration, but again, the 30-day hold on new accounts will limit the ability for bots to use the AH illicitly to make more gold to sell to people. They go hand-in-hand with combating RMT.

Also, like most things, the idea isn’t to stop the minor one off issues, but to hit as many targets as possible. It would be nigh impossible to catch every single instance of RMT. While that creates issues in the economy, the goal is to remove as many instances of this as possible.

I think you don’t understand the concept that GDKPs don’t cause issues in the economy.

Bots and inflation of raw gold farms are the culprits.

GDKPs are supported by bots because the majority of gold being added is bought illicitly. Blizzard has said this themselves.

How do you get rid of illicit gold in the economy? Get rid of the incentive.

Blizzard should add more resources into the game that provide materials for crafted consumes. They have, but adding in more would lower the demand with more supply.

lol

This thread is still popping

Makes me want to listen to Guns and Roses

Repeat after me

“Alexa, play Deadhorse by guns and roses”

Thank me later.

2 Likes

And I’m asking you to not be ignorant.

Again, ignorance. The AH is a larger incentive for RMT compared to GDKPs.

Try to look at GDKPs or the AH in a vacuum and understand the prices in them wouldn’t be so inflated if it wasn’t for the bots and raw gold farms.

Exactly why GDKP SHOULD STAY BANNED, that exact explanation apply to GDKPS, and people are not being honest, EVERYONE know that 90% of the people buying stuff in there didnt farm their golds, they swiped for it. and when this become the MAJOR mean of raiding cause all the poor people can leech of the whales yes that stuff is BAD for the game.

2 Likes

So what about someone selling high end items on the AH right now? The comment you’re referring to already gives a great example.

Do you believe anyone selling high ticket items on the AH should be banned?