Reputation increase + decrease from same event

Took a fresh level 70 to the Emerald Dream to get some quick gear. I’ve got max renown for all DF factions.

I planted a purple seed. We raised it to 50. When it dropped Dreamseed Cache, I got:
Your Warband’s reputation with Dream Wardens increased by 2755.
Your Warband’s reputation with Dream Wardens decreased by 2380.

Is this just a weird holdover due to the old A Worthy Ally buff or is something else going on?

Human character?

Humans are borked with their reputation gain perk removal.

Issues with Human reputation gains now that human 10% rep-gain-perk was removed.

I am no longer bothering to even try rep gains on humans but logging on to all characters just to try and sync the Warband reputations then not using humans at all for any rep grinds as they are not often -10% rep gains with the removal due many rep formulas fudging the human rep gains for some factions.

The increase/decrease rep bug afflicts all races and seems to be random. It is a known bug since at least 11.0 went live.

The increase/decrease rep bug afflicts all races and seems to be random. It is a known bug since at least 11.0 went live.

FWIW I’ve only seen actual rep issues on humans.

All the rest are UI bugs not actual rep gain bugs. That I have experienced at least.

That’s when I check using addons or other in-game menus I can see the correct rep.

Humans though, their gains for some factions are askew due to the removal of their rep gain perk.

If it’s others, not UI bugs and not humans, oof. I have not experienced that. And I hope I do not! With the guild bank bug and others I’m tapped out.

I got this exactly once (IIRC) for each faction the first time I got reputation after the 11.0.0 patch, and I think it’s just a side-effect of combining warband reputation from multiple characters. In your case:

2755 - 2380 = 375, which is what you’d expect to get from that seed with the 50% awakened bonus. So my impression (at least excluding any potential issues with the human racial) is it’s just a UI glitch.

1 Like

It happened on a worgen, actually. So human-adjacent? :rofl:

2 Likes