Reported. Reported! Gah

Yep, they do. However, if they choose to alienate their customer base to a degree that they can’t turn a profit, that would be the consequence they pay. Simple, right?

1 Like

I agree with this. There are definitely shades of gray and quite frankly responsibilities on the part of the customer base also.

I have seen the phrase “grow a thicker skin” used here in regards to people being told to basically ignore marginal behavior. I would counter that with telling a player to grow a thicker skin when he is disciplined for doing something he knows is against the grain and not tolerated.

Like others have said, and as applies to me, I have not been squelched and I have not been banned, banished, booted…whatever you call it. I HAVE been reported, actually on this thread. I used some language that the bot didn’t like. I didn’t make the rule, and I can’t say whether or not I like it. I can say that I want to continue to have access, so I edited the post to within acceptable guidelines in accordance with the rules. This is the key, I want to keep playing this game so I try my best to stay within the rules. Priorities.

Since “unacceptable” has been subjectivised, where does the “company” draw the line? Is it a greater risk carrying out the consequence of breaking a rule, or allowing the rule breaker to alienate even more players due to their toxicity? I present the current state of LFG anything…especially anything PvP. I believe toxic behavior does more damage than any game mechanic or gear disparity.

Needless to say, it is definitely not a simple fix.

Refreshing to have someone own their own behavior and frustration! I think we all could do a better job of it.

1 Like

Yes but thats not what happens with one side of the aisle. The blizzard side.

Not sure what you’re talking about here, to be honest.

If their “belief” is that they refuse to follow labor laws then yes, they can get action taken against them which may financially hurt them enough they close. See the current legal situation with Activision Blizzard and the State of California.

The idea that anti-discrimination and fair labor laws is a “left” thing though is kind of interesting. It means you feel that racism, sexism, religious discrimination, unfair labor practices are “right” values or beliefs.

Pretty easy to see why you might have issues with people accepting that.

Yeah no. You just don’t get to be a jerk without consequences.

4 Likes

I’m not seeing that listed here. They may have updated it. It’s been awhile, since I’ve been Squelched. I don’t re-call not being able to use LFD/LFR.

Due to being able to customize the texts within, it’s a deterrence from that. According to the link, I provided, you can still “sign-up” for a pre-made group (which means somebody else’s group and not your’s).

I think being unable to create your own Pre-Made Group listing is fine. I highly doubt, Blizz updated it to where you can’t que for LFD/LFR. The only thing in reference to that would be not being able to talk in those chats. That’s it. That’s all the Squelch should be doing.

But, like I said, I was suspended for language, so I couldn’t even do things outside of what you listed, at all, when I did my crime. You live and learn. I have been reading blues stating that they’re pushing for harsher punishments, anyway. So, you’ll probably be seeing more suspensions over silences.

EDIT: I can’t find the blue stating it, but IK I read it, somewhere in the CS forums. I don’t want to spend my last day, on the forums, digging through it, right now. You can either believe me or not. Either way, doesn’t matter.

I hate to bring politics into things but this is the world leftists want. They want to censor your words and thoughts so they can have a false sense of security everywhere.

Welcome to the new world. This is what political correctness, cancel culture and SJWs have brought us.

A reasonable person would recognize the use of language filters and the ignore button, utilise them and move on.

A reasonable person wouldn’t agree to rules they were then going to pitch a fit about needing to follow.

6 Likes

These types that easily get offended are also very totalitarian in their thoughts, and can’t let someone say the same thing to others even if they can’t see the offending text, so it must be removed.

I"m not sure OP and the ‘types’ crying they can’t use foul words would agree with you but you could be right.

1 Like
  • Leftists
  • Multibillion dollar corporation

Pick one.

2 Likes

Don’t hurt their brains.

2 Likes

I dunno. Reading this post, some of these replies…

Sounds like some people are just finding out there are consequences for actions.

How do we learn not to put our hand in the fire? Go ahead do it, get burned. Lesson learned.

Did they “stifle” your enter key, too?

Easier to blame someone else, then issue a lawsuit to be compensated.

Yep, bad idea to use politics as your leverage. I am old, and I am relatively conservative. I am also not naive enough to think that I can do and say whatever I want in a public place without suffering consequence.

Even the relative shelter and safety of your computer screen can’t save you from yourself.

If a reasonable person gets busted, they should be humble enough to understand they got caught, learn from it, and move on.

Everything I don’t like is leftism obviously.

I’m guessing you’re not Australian. Certain cultures (or demographics within cultures) have vastly different attitudes towards profanity. Personally I don’t give a S… stuff if someone swears and I often swear in casual conversation because the people I associate with tend to do so. That said, I (usually) recognise when it’s not appropriate and try to reign it in. No swearing in front of oldies, little kids, in a business setting etc. And if someone tells me they don’t like it I try not to do it around them.

I still stand by my comments about the profanity filter. If you’re put off by swearing you should be using it regardless of your age. In fact there are a couple good filter addons that extend it to cover other nonsense that people spout in chat regularly.

And it’s still a bad take bud. Even overseas there is a time and place for cursing. You want to carry on do it in Discord, but stop with the “but in my country it’s ok” crap. This has never been ok, as plenty have explained here.

ah the place where the C word actually means “friend” hehe

i think it’s cute. like wholesome banter.

And of course, here is where the argument falls apart. Once someone has clearly stated to you that it makes them unhappy (uncomfortable, mad whatever) you can choose to acknowledge the point and change your behavior, or continue on and get flagged, booted, whatever.