Reported. Reported! Gah

:hugs:
The US was founded by Puritans running away from religious persecution who then persecuted others for their beliefs.
I don’t think we’re better.

someone got reported lmao

I so often see people misrepresenting the 1A. It often includes “you do not have the right to shout fire in a theater!”

Which is wrong. You absolutely have that right. And you nailed it with “
and not have repercussions.”

The 1A, 2A and other rights let you do stupid things. But you’re not immune from the consequences of your stupid things.

Shout fire in a theater, as part of the cast? Enjoy.
Shout fire in a theater, because there’s a fire? Thank you
Shout fire in a theater, to incite a riot? That’s on you.

The issue is that companies operate in the US, and are also protected by the 1A. But when they claim they are supporters of rights (be it Juneteenth, LBGTQIA+ or others) and work to stifle the rights of others, it’s hypocritical.

So having content and and avenue of discussion restricted? Totally legal. But when those same companies restrict the speech of the employees, customers, et al then it’s hypocritical.

Sherloch is watching

1 Like

No you cant. It disables the ability to use the LFG system or join any kind of pvp using the LFG.
People abuse the auto-system to take away someone’s ability to play until they appeal and open a ticket for an actual person to look into.

Well dont say it
 lol ? People dont know how to act, i guess they do IRL, its just the internet muscles

Yes, you can still play.

You cannot create your own group nor list your own group.

You can still join other people’s groups, when they list themselves. Requires no talking, on your part. You may have to wait for a whisper to be initiated, in order to communicate with them. However, Blizz has no control over Disc, so you may still communicate without typing in game, whatsoever. If the group is using Disc, OFC.

I agree, the Squelch does get abused.

You keep using the word “play”, when you really mean a small fraction of the game (which you’re still incorrect about).

You can still play the game when Squelched/Silenced. You can quest, you can pet battle, you create a new character, you can farm old instances for transmog, etc. There’s plenty of stuff a Squelched/Silenced player can still do.

When, I was Suspended for swearing, back in Wrath before the Squelch, I couldn’t do, anything. I couldn’t log in to quest, create a new character, farm old instances for (at the time) RP gear, etc.

I don’t want to hear how Squelched/Silenced players “can’t play”, when they absolutely can!

Blizz is lazy and lets the Squelch run its course which is 24hrs.

Squelches aren’t worth “appealing”. You can handle a 24hr “time out”. I was Suspended for 3 days, for swearing. Only Silences are worth appealing because that’s manually looked into/applied and lasts longer than 24hrs.

Sounds like the OP deserved the ban if he was randomly annoying that many people. That said, if you’re offended by swearing the game comes with a built in bad language filter. If bad language offends you then keep that turned on. I believe if you turn that off and you see someone swearing then you deserve some of the blame.

Note: I’m not talking about when people purposely misspell swearing to get around the filter, or actively pursue and harass someone - that deserves reporting. Just if you’re offended by a casual f-bomb then don’t turn off the profanity filter.

I reported all that contains questionable website links.

But bad language has always been a faux pas. The filter was put in for parents not wanting their kids to see it.

I don’t get why it’s so hard for some to communicate without expletives.

1 Like

To be fair, queueing for something isn’t the only way to play the game.

Granted, I am not saying that squelch should stop you from queueing
 that may be a bit harsh, but you can still play
 there are just certain things you can’t do.

1 Like

God forbid we have to sit on a timeout and do something with real live people for 15 minutes (or however long).

You keep using those words
 I don’t think they mean what you think they mean. “Free speech” is protected speech in regards to government regulation. Activision/Blizzard is not a governmental entity and you are agreeing to their terms, which you certainly approved without reading.

1 Like

I’d be a lot more fine with a squelch if it didn’t stop people from queueing into LFD/LFR or stop then from listing a group in the pug finder. I kinda think that is way overkill for an automated system. Silenced in chat is inconvenient, but as it is, a squelch is way too punishing.

Pretty sure a squelch starts at a day and escalates if Blizzard actions the reports. But, a day of severely hindered gameplay for an automated response is too much imo.

1 Like

I’d agree with this. Blocking from public channels I get, but the other stuff may be a step too far. That said, my earlier post was just to dispute the fact that you can’t play the game if you can’t queue. You can still play, just maybe not in the manner you’d choose to. Accuracy is important. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I agree, my post was mostly just rambling about my own personal dissatisfaction with the squelch system.

2 Likes

Ah yeah, I can agree there. I mean I have never been squelched personally
 but it does seem a touch harsh for “timeout while we verify things”.

If a company fires you for insulting its customers, are they hypocritical?

I find it interesting you are able to see the shades of grey above, but go into black and white mode over a company.

So everyone else is wrong and you aren’t?

Im aware of a few private owned businesses that have been shut down because the left doesnt think they have the right to have differing opinions and beliefs. SO do those free enterprises get to operate according to their choices and have other rules for their businesses like Blizz does?
I personally think Blizzard and all the tech giants should be broken up because they are too big and control way too much of the market today.