Reported. Reported! Gah

ooooooohhhh… so it was intended as “sarcastic humor”?

You missed the mark :smiley:

I thought that was reportable…

Yes, I have. Three different links is ANY source.

I did not give you nothing. You admitted that I provided one, and I provided two more that are the same thing. Now, you’re saying, I’ve provided “nothing” :roll_eyes:

If you can’t see the pattern, I can’t help you.

Correct 'cause nobody truly gets banned. Those who say that are lying.

You can if you want, doesn’t make it true. Like most people saying they’ve been “banned” but really haven’t.

If you want to ignore the links I provided as proof of most (not all) that disagree with the contract are rule violaters, that’s on you.

I said “most (not all)” for a reason. I’m aware that not “all” who disagree with it are rule violaters (whether they’ve been actioned or not is irrelevant). However, if you are including yourself in the “most” category rather than putting yourself in the “exception” part, maybe you are guilty of something that you’re just sharing.

Respond to me again just to argue, I’ll block you. I’m merely pointing out the obvious that you’re not interested in taking in.

Oceanic realms tend to let anything go in my experience. You can swear all you want in trade chat without getting reported most of the time.

The only people I even bother reporting are the people who drop n bombs

And for months now this is exactly what people have been complaining about, more so in the past few weeks especially.
Do you not see the problem with your statement at all? You’re on the CC so I feel like there’s no point in even trying to discuss this with you as it’s pretty much your job to defend every official Blizzard decision or policy.

People mass coordinate and/or tell others to report for anything and the system auto-silences them then they cant chat at all, let alone queue for anything. But to you, that’s fine, because they can “just appeal it”…but wait 24-72H for a decision.
What’s the big deal? It’s not permanent. You just have to wait and not be able to play.

I read something recently someone posted here that they got silenced or squelched or whatever for saying something like “these people only have 30K health”. Other people have come forward with examples of being silenced for absurd things.

1 Like

Sending out false reports is against the ToS because that in and of itself is targeted harassment.

Though I can’t say how effective Blizzard are at enforcing it, the point is moot because it’s already against the rules.

I’m of the mindset that this isn’t nearly strict enough. The community has been in the garbage for the past decade, I believe that it needs to be even harsher or else the community just continues to fester unchecked.

Most of it is cultural. But I’d gladly take a few false positives if it meant the game gets scrubbed clean of some of this nonsense.

oceanic/ US doesnt matter normal people dont have anything to worry about.

1 Like

Normally, yeah. But I’d never even heard about censoring hell or damn until I met Americans online. I’d believe the amount of petty reports would be higher but I don’t have any evidence just feels.

Also the petty forum bans I’ve received on these American dominated boards are 1000* harsher than ingame

You can, as you can see in your post, use those words, ergo they are not considered something that would be reportable.

If you just meant in general… weird people are weird, I don’t think it has anything in particular to do with where one is from.

Sorry, I didn’t mean that saying hell would get you silenced. I was trying to provide background to the idea that some Americans are more strict with language than Australians.

Probably something to do with the fact we’re all criminals :wink:

Hahah maybe. I think it’s more that we have more people so you are going to see xyz more times. Doesn’t necessarily mean that percentage wise we are much different. :slight_smile:

I love how the Aussies talk :smiley: No nonsense kinda way. Even your govt officials will use some strong language when speaking and I am on board with that since it is the culture. Not sure why Blizz doesn’t just force the Profanity filter to be turned on and then force you to check an Agreement Box to have it disabled. Once you agree to the profanity, your Report Function is disabled. You would have to turn it back on to get your report function back :slight_smile:

Back to school with you, they are still a private company

Just because you read something, or someone tells you something does not mean it’s true, or that it happened that way. People tend to leave out important parts of the story when they have been caught and punished.

1 Like

Squelch.

Can’t talk in public chat channels nor initiate whispers.

Not true.

I disagree with the Squelch, however it’s better than being suspended. Which is what happened to me, when I swore.

You can still play while being Squelched/Silenced. You just can’t invade people with your words. I would’ve preferred to be Squelched/Silenced instead of Suspended, for swearing. What privilege that is.

The number of people who have no idea what “free speech” means is baffling to me.

4 Likes

The world is changing. Everything that was the norm or “acceptable” has been subjectivized. On a grander scale, I find myself asking the question of whether “freedoms” have become a rallying cry for anarchists.

I have never been of the belief that it is ok for someone to run around saying or doing whatever they want just because there is nobody willing to stop them. Kinda in the vein of “it’s only illegal if I get caught”. Furthermore, I don’t understand why some people just can’t acknowledge that if most of the people (players) around them don’t like something, you shouldn’t continue to do it…especially if it is against the rules.

To be upset that you were called on doing something you know is wrong (we all signed the contract) seems not only absurd, but extremely childish.

1 Like

So your rationale for protecting absymal behavior is “the world is harsh?”

That’s idiotic.

If you’re not happy with a game world where you’re not allowed to be repugnant to others, I suggest you go elsewhere.

1 Like

Yikes, I just realized that my horse has been dead for awhile now, but I just keep wanting to kick it…:skull: :crazy_face: :upside_down_face:

Yesss…but in OP’s defense, they have a point. A point that isn’t really being clearly articulated.

/offers beverage of choice with, or without seasonal accoutrements.