Reported. Reported! Gah

“what do you mean i can’t just up and say whatever i want in an mmo? what is this”
/s

lol and then complaining about other people being mean to you despite advocating for the ability to be mean to other people

it’s big brain time
i wonder when people are going to start to see the cognitive dissonance in their own reasoning

And yet many of you in defense of the system do, because you do not interpret it the same way others do.
This is why the way things are written matters.

Many of you have glaring blind spots for very real minority experiences, be they differently abled, or from literal non-majority communities to whom the voice of the “crowd” will always sound a little more sus.

Agreed. We have no interest in silencing anyone. In this instance, we are simply showing that this “ruleset” has been in place for 18 years. The only reason anyone is complaining now is: Blizz is finally taking reporting seriously and acting on the report. For the past 18 years, it took an act of God to squelch → ban a player who was ruining the experience for others, particularly botters. Now, I seldom see most of the botters I have reported fishing, mining, or PvPing in the past 2 weeks as Blizz has taken a stance on improving things for us by actually listening. I’m all for voice and opinions, but the ones complaining are likely the ones committing the offenses in the first place.

1 Like

Bruh you still have not provided ANY source or stats to back up your claim that “most people who disagree with the social contract have broken the rules”. Literally nothing. I disagree with it and haven’t been banned due to breaking the rules. Can I now claim that most people who disagree with it do NOT get actioned for rule violations?

Funny how I have seen the authoritarian pro social contract people on these forums say some abhorrent things and yet nothing ever seems to happen to them. Really strange.

1 Like

I don’t think this is what people are talking about.

On one hand, you have a group of people that are worried about over burdensome rules.

On the other hand, you have people like me, that think the rules shouldn’t really exist in their current form. People should be allowed to be as rude or nice as they want, because that’s a part of the learning and growing process. And, the community will police itself as it always has, which is why I said the rules are ultimately subjective.

But, there’s also the people like you, who completely disregard the arguments and concerns and simply say things like “They just want to be able to insult people!” when that’s not being said at all.

… Was it really big brain time? Was it?

such as…
I mean, what are we talking about here, death threats? cuse words? slurs?

Because that sounds like something that should be actionable.

Just today I saw a person call a whole group of people “pure evil” and another make a racial epitaph in one of the other political threads.

Don’t even know why any political threads are allowed at all. Posts should be focused solely on the game and gameplay.

1 Like

You discount someone for making a claim about the “majority” and then turn right around and use the same claim? Hmm. Not sure I understand the logic. Perhaps if either side had proof that the “majority” were part of either group, it could be used as an argument. However, logic would suggest those who doth protest too much. The number of inmates who “didn’t do it” is FAR below the number of inmates who claim they didn’t do it. Seems to me this new enforcement of an 18 year old agreement to play this game has the offenders rattled, and associates of the same.

1 Like

Highlighted my reply for you to understand that I didn’t make the same claim, I was asking if I CAN make the claim with the same flimsy footing as others have.

Playing wow might get worse.
Imagine a world where playing WOW is rehab for criminals entering rehab which can count for a lighter sentence.
The idea that playing with a group teaches lessons.

On the other hand, you have people like me, that think the rules shouldn’t really exist in their current form. People should be allowed to be as rude or nice as they want, because that’s a part of the learning and growing process.

You can be as rude or as nice as you want to be but there are consequences for the former that don’t often happen with the latter. That is part of the learning and growing process.

And, the community will police itself as it always has, which is why I said the rules are ultimately subjective.

Except in the end, the community is horrible at policing itself (see: botting, RMT, gold buying, etc) and the rules have never been ‘ultimately subjective’. The community convinced itself they were. Blizzard has said otherwise.

But, there’s also the people like you, who completely disregard the arguments and concerns and simply say things like “They just want to be able to insult people!” when that’s not being said at all.

The arguments and concerns are frameworks for the desire to pick and choose which rules the people making them want to follow. Considering the mediuim – ingame communication between players – and the number of people who have complained about being actioned, it’s not an unreasonable assumption. Adjacent to it are the people who want to use profanity and other language Blizzard had deemed inappropriate freely in public areas of the game.

You think the rules as they are shouldn’t exist. Blizzard disagrees. Your best hope for a policy change is to get the playerbase as a whole onboard with you and persuade them to your point of view.

Good luck with that endeavor.

2 Likes

Receipts?

Also, the ingame rules and the forum rules aren’t the same.

1 Like

he said someone called someone else pure evil.

I mean, I personally think the whole Activision board is pure evil :woman_shrugging:

Yes, but where? What thread, if it was on the forum?

And, you have a point with Activision. XD

1 Like

Be specific op, give an example of what you want to say which you believe will now go against the contract?

This.

Forums are way more strict.

1 Like

It was in that thread the other day, you know, that one.

Oh, okay. But there’s been so many the last few days… :confused:

1 Like

Ya, and when you think about it, they are the same thread with a slightly different secret sauce and some different actors :skull: :ghost: :crazy_face:

God, I wish Cogshanks still worked. It’d settle the question of “alt or just someone who thinks that’s a good argument”? once and for all.