Reported. Reported! Gah

Jesus man, why didn’t you just throw your keyboard at the monitor?

I cancelled my sub, close enough lol

1 Like

They obviously dont teach children any history anymore. Maybe when you get a little older you will learn american history.

1 Like

Does Blizzard moderate those other platforms? No? Maybe the companies that own them shoud write their own TOS and enforce them.

1 Like

Most (not all) people that “disagree” with the social contract have violated it, in some way, shape or form. Some (not all) think it’s “new” that you can’t swear in the game, when that’s not true. Some (not all) think Blizz is “now” censoring, when that’s not true, either. We’ve had varying systems that have been “silencing” us, for a long time. Anybody who “disagrees” with contract is essentially disagreeing with long standing rules that have always been in place. So, if most/some (not all) think “not swearing” is some “new” rule, I can’t help but think they’ve been violating the rules and just haven’t gotten caught, yet.

I can’t speak for Mirasol and how they deal with their reports. However, I chime in to “push the same old song” because most (not all) of these threads are pushing “the same old song”, as well. The only answer is equally the same.

I don’t report anybody about it, until they start name calling me over giving them information :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

It didnt change. You gave your word to follow the TOS. Is that not important to you? If you feel you cant abide by that agreement, there is a simple solution. Leave the game.

That person has a point with the Squelch, though. It’s an automated system based off of public opinion.

1 Like

you either follow the TOS or you dont. If the rules dont apply to you, I am sure you will win on appeal. You promised to follow the TOS when you clicked yes. There is no wiggle room. No grey area. so yes, all or nothing

1 Like

“Reported!”

“Reported for Reporting!”

:wink:

Bold statement. Got a source for this claim? You work at Blizzard and divulging info you shouldn’t be?

Not really.

Yes, the OP, of this very thread:

Swearing has never been allowed, and the OP violated the contract/long standing rule.

Nope.

You clearly don’t read the CS forums, enough. They be stating everybody’s business that’s asking for help, but that’s beside the point.

1 Like

Here’s the thing you’re missing.

You don’t get to violate the rules just because someone else did.

This “whataboutism” is rampant in almost every aspect of (at least) American . . . and I hate to use this word, but it sort of applies . . . culture (or maybe its inverse, whatever that might be).

If someone swears at you, calls you a racial slur, or otherwise breaks the EULA in conversation with you, public or private, your options are a) ignore it, b) /ignore it, and/or c) report it unless you want to get sanctioned yourself.

You said most people though. That is one person. Gonna need to see some stats to back that one up.

Its more then just racist or discrimibation chat . Say goodbye to your free speech . People cam knowingly ruin your time played and thats ok . Just zip it.

Eh, but the rules are completely subjective. They’re only enforced if people enforce them.

Also, it’s a bit hypocritical that Blizzard wants me to act super sickly nice to everyone, when I can join an Island Expedition and literally get insulted by NPC’s. But, if I then go on to trash talk in game, LIKE THE NPC’S DO, I can get a ban.

Again, it’s completely subjective.

But, to be fair, nothing about this conversation is rational or realistic. From the people who think that everyone should be prim and proper at all times, regardless of age, to the people who think this is the end times. You’re all being dramatic.

'Cause I’m a forum regular and read the same 'ol stories. All you have to do is read. Some of the threads got deleted 'cause of how hostile they became.

Which is the OP complaining about how “they don’t break rules”, when they clearly do. This thread is the purest example of people breaking the rules and then complaining about how they got caught. Same 'ol threads talking about the same 'ol things.

Sure, when newer ones arise and don’t get deleted, I’ll point them out. In the mean time, here’s one more that didn’t get deleted, since you refuse to believe these complaint threads are from some (not all) people breaking said rules:

IDK calling somebody “garbage” is considered “name calling” and against the rules. It’s not a nice thing to say, no matter what is going on. Not to mention how this person refers to the playerbase as “bad”. This doesn’t create this alleged “friendly environment” that Blizz aims, for. Instead of calling them “garbage” or “bad” how about we don’t use those words and explain where they went wrong.

Like, “hey, let’s make sure we get out of the fire” versus “you’re garbage/bad!” It’s not productive. Along with not leaving because you don’t know how to lead, properly to better people. Leaving because you can’t tell people “stop being bad” is just silly, IMO. Along with, this person thinks it’s a “waste of their time” to actually “help” people and rather resort to saying things “you’re bad” or “you’re garbage”…I don’t see how that helps, anyone :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I found another one, where I responded. I had to scroll down pretty heavily through my post history:

This person admits to swearing and refers to people upsetting them as “dense” and need to “grow up”. Not very nice things to say, yet they wonder why they got reported and even falsely states that they “didn’t break any ToS” which is not true.

It’s a very common theme amongst those unhappy with this reminder to not be jerks :woman_shrugging:

And it’s their world. They make the rules. Those rules you agreed to.

Grow up.

3 Likes

Yo, you’re tripping.

Adding to the list of things blocked by the mature filter DOES HELP those sensitive to such things.

Maybe you want to see offensive things so you can be trigger happy reporting people?

I’m not saying to hold people unaccountable. Take a step back, reread what I’m saying… it helps both parties. The person you quoted doesn’t see that.

Um… we’re having a polite conversation about the consequences of the report policy in game, and their subjective manor after it’s been filtered through the plaeyrbase… and you tell me to grow up?

1. I don’t think you know what the word subjective means.
  2. I don’t think you read or understood my post in general.
  3. if you’re going to insult someone while telling them they’re immature, maybe don’t insult them.
1 Like